• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Finally, here's an update. I improved multiple maps, and fixed some scripts (only in Kokiri Town so far though) to make the game flow better. The hardest part of making a game is definitely the writing cuz I can only write well when I'm inspired (full house alliteration in that sentence btw; w-w-w-i-i)

Beta v1.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?541dqe8i5je8gm5

I think people will liek eet!

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
This game sounds a lot like Repo! The Genetic Opera... Just saying. But it's different, and I look forward to playing it. :P

xxScarletDragonxx

Food Lover
Years
This is a stupid question, but how do I patch this with emerald? I keep trying to find a tutorial for tsukuyomi, but I can't find one...

Edit: I can get the first beta to work, but the second one is kind of confusing....

Last edited:
Years
Finally played the game. Reminded me quite a lot of Wesley's work in LP. The story is something worth. Found following things
I never won a badge and still my badge showed I already in the game at my hometown
qs8kxv.png

Checked my bag and found these:
16i87c4.png
11hxvls.png

r7ol89.png

Look at the following dialogues below
2vsq5ao.png
33f6nvp.png

2m45bhe.png

Went to the shop in Lazy Town and found the boundary of it like this:
15cylpd.png

Tile errors (Because of these i lost my way and search for about an hour to go towards Gotham
28aondt.png
wp4l1.png

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Finally played the game. Reminded me quite a lot of Wesley's work in LP. The story is something worth. Found following things

The first and last two screens are meant to happen: I thought Pokemon might grow too quickly and disobey, so I played it safe/took the lazy way out and gave you the eighth Badge from the start. Technically you only earn 7 Badges >_>.

The Bag glitch is nothing major, but the rest I'll fix.

This is a stupid question, but how do I patch this with emerald? I keep trying to find a tutorial for tsukuyomi, but I can't find one...

Edit: I can get the first beta to work, but the second one is kind of confusing....

Are you trying to double-patch a ROM? You need a clean one every time. You can still carry over your save though if you make sure the file name is the same and you've saved in a Poke Center (they're safe from updates so they're good waypoints.)

xxScarletDragonxx

Food Lover
Years
The first and last two screens are meant to happen: I thought Pokemon might grow too quickly and disobey, so I played it safe/took the lazy way out and gave you the eighth Badge from the start. Technically you only earn 7 Badges >_>.

The Bag glitch is nothing major, but the rest I'll fix.

Are you trying to double-patch a ROM? You need a clean one every time. You can still carry over your save though if you make sure the file name is the same and you've saved in a Poke Center (they're safe from updates so they're good waypoints.)
No, I downloaded a new Emerald rom when I couldn't get it to work so that I could just use the first beta.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
No, I downloaded a new Emerald rom when I couldn't get it to work so that I could just use the first beta.

Apply patch to existing file >> choose patch under "UPS file to apply" >> chose file under "target file to apply patch to"

I dunno any easier explanation :/. Tested it myself and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
So i finally made it to The Final Destination but its all glitchy when you enter the building.

Spoiler:

Back