• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CD RW wont read!

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
I have my blanck CD, i put it in the CD RW drive, but when i go to transfer my music (japanese stuff ^^) onto it, it says that where is no CD. Why :'(

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I allready tired telling him....seems he dident even know what a harddrive was so uhh...ya do what she said.

aaaaaa

Head over to Here and grab the trial version of Nero, then follow the wizard to the letter and before you know it, you'll be burning.

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Yes, hollow her advice and your problem will be fixed in no time. =o

aaaaaa

You're SO in trouble if I ever meet ya in person, Abby.
All the pent up need for revenge at being made fun of is going to come out in one huge display of limbs, lace and leather ^_^
In other words, keep it up XD

Oh, and um, yeah, person with problem; hollow my instructions to the letter and your burner should work.

Last edited:

aaaaaa

Well XP's burning layer is written by Roxio; in other words, its crap. Really, really, crap.
Grab Nero and see if the problem is fixed, and I guess that'll narrow it down to software or hardware.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
I have nero, that wont read the CD, ive used these CD's before, they don work, i do know what a hardrive is, just the way you said it was hard to understand, keep the drawing blue! So now what do i do XD :P

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Umm... *thinks*..... kick it, and kick it good.

Ok, are your sure the drive it'self is ok with reading CDs? Try a different type of CD. If your hardware is ok, I say uninstall it, remove every single trace of it's existance, then re-install everything else. If nothing works, get out your wallet.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
Black lines. Ive tired different disks, different kicking types, and i will ge tit to work! I just need to know how XD

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
[joke]Try yelling, offering it food and reverse psychology.[/joke]

Are you saying you've never actually used drive before? Because if you havn't, then obviously you installed it wrong. Theres nothing wrong with the actual CD drive. Maybe you forgot to plug in teh IDE cable?

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
Its all in, ive used it all before, i have 100 CDs and counting made for the coputer.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Well, sorry, I'm out of ideas. Alyssa was right in the first place, those CD's arn't compatible. Unless those "100 CD's" where of the same type... then we have a problem.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
they are the same type, ive used them before. XD I think i have an idea. Ill be back later to tell ya if it worked ;)

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
If I where you I'd open it up and check out if theres anything in the way of the laser to stop it from reading. But if your not comfortable wit opening up stuff dont do it. Especially CD-Drives. They emit radiation, gives y00 cancer -_-'

I'm gonna work out this problem! Let's eliminate the laser issue. Does it read any other discs that have been burnt already? If not, laser (or Read/Write head, whatever) is stuffed. Probably just dust. Who knows how stuff get in there. I once opened it and found tissue particles inside it..

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
I think i have figured it! When i put a disk in there is this rattleing noise, so i figure it might be something has fell loose onto the laser, or something has just fell loose that needs to be in place. Im bribing my uncle (sorta uncle) to come up and check it out, casue he always fixes my computer lol XD

The reason ive never hear this noice befroe is becaseu i normlly have my music very loud.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Aah music, where will my puter be without it?

Well.. why don't you do it yourself? It's not that hard. The reason people make computery thingies sound hard is that they're scared to touch things, and they've never even tried it. All you have to do it open up the case, unscrew the drive, unplug the wires at the back and unscrew the screws on the drive. Simple, except it voids your warranty, but it's not like warranty's ever do anything.. -_- well not for me at least. Besides it's fun! w00t fun! Not fun when you fry it, but fun when it's fixed:D

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
Um...im to young to do all that and um...yea i could be bothered XD But ill get my uncle um, he'll make a day out of it :P And if he cant be bothered, ill put all my music onto a mini disk, go to his house, and use his CD RW to burn the CD ;)

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Too young? Geez, at your age I had my floor made out of computer parts -_-' and that was only a few months ago. I open stuff all the time, I'v made a habit out of it. Theres nothing I havn't opened, I swear! My processor, opened. Monitor, opened. Heck, I mean everything as in my fridge and subwoofer too! I currently have a little webcam experiment going on in my room. I seem to have fryed teh webcam though. Bleh, got it for free anyway..

Back