• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Book Club

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well the Electric Tale of Pikachu is based entirely off of the anime, so as you continue you'll see that it goes through different episodes of the anime, in manga form instead. There are a few differences though! For example:

Spoiler:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Not a bad first chapter, but like Vaporeon said, I still found that the opening chapter for Pokemon Special was a bit better. But I like Misty's design better here, and her outfit is a bit different.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
Haven't seen much for Pokemon Adventures in a while, which is rather disappointing, since it's the only pokemon manga I read.

Then here's an idea: Try reading some of the manga listed up there on the first post.

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 27, 2016
I really like the liberties that Toshihiro Ono takes with the manga's art style in relation to Pokémon designs. Nowadays, Pokémon, from adaptation to adaptation, are drawn in extremely similar ways, no matter what the illustrator's drawing style is like, but in the early years of the franchise, I guess no one really cared to standardize it.

For the introductory chapter itself, I actually prefer it to the first episode of the anime, considering it gives us more time to connect with the protagonist before it puts him through non-comedic turmoil. Plus, in my opinion, it shows off a little more flavor in its designs, from the Pokémon (again, going back to the whole "liberal adaptation" thing), to the humans, to even items such as the Pokédex.

Sir Codin

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll try and participate as much as I can. I've only read Pokemon Adventures and D & P Adventure, but I'm open to the other manga as well.

As for this first chapter, here are my impressions:
- I'm surprised that this is one of the few times that anything in the series really seemed to acknowledge (albeit partially) how evolution normally works (population change over time, rather than individual nigh-instantaneous metamorphosis).
- This Ash seems just as much of a lost cause as the anime one.
- Gary is still a douche-bag and I like him for it.
- http://komiksonline.com/?show=CMC&sc=petp&v=1&c=1&p=28 (AHAHAHAHA, THOSE EYES!)
- Nice breasts.

I believe that's enough for one day. Also:

Haven't seen much for Pokemon Adventures in a while, which is rather disappointing, since it's the only pokemon manga I read.

http://jb2448.info/

There you go. Have fun.

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I think Im going to join! Ill try to stay a regular here, as I love reading manga! :D

EDIT:
Well, took some time to read this chapter. Quite annoying when my internet decides to go out.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

goldenyellowcrystal

A Black Crystal of Mystery
Years
I read three chapters already... (It was fun and a little overboard!)

I'll try my best to be a regular…
Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
"Sic 'em, Pikachu!" xD

I love this idea, and am definitely hopping on board. One thing I love about the manga, including The Electric Tale of Pikachu, is how dynamic the battles are. Truly a treat to read.

Years
Then here's an idea: Try reading some of the manga listed up there on the first post.

nah, the rest of the manga don't particularly interest me all that much, aside from reburst. and tbh, Black/White's story is the reason I'm reading adventures, and it's only the BW story arc.

http://jb2448.info/

There you go. Have fun.

Thanks for the link! maybe I might read the original Adventures after all :D

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
aside from reburst.

I enjoyed the origional Adventures a lot actually. And ReBurst is pretty good, though I cant find a single scanlation after chapter 6. :/

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Cool!

Wow! This is the first Pokemon Manga Club i have seen in this
Community! Keep this up!

Wow! This is the first Pokemon Manga Club i have seen in this
Community! Keep this up!

Last edited:
Years
Hi, I'm joining in! I love pokemon manga but I've read only the first 5 arcs of pokemon adventures (and a bit BW adventures), so I'd love to try some other pokemon manga.So, consider me already a regular! =)

Anyways, I read it, and I almost fell down of my chair laughing. I think it's far better than the anime.

Just like others, I liked the explanation of evolution, Misty's look(far better than her anime counterpart, for obvious reasons), Gary, and of course, CATERPIE COLA! Can anyone tell where I can find a can of this?=)

Also, I did like that Ash actually caught the Fearow. Anime Ash wouldve watched it fly away. -.- [/spoiler]

I agree. Anime Ash would just kick the opportunity to have such a strong pokemon so early.

I highly reccomend that you read them. They've got a great plot and tons of laugh!

Anyway, can't wait for tommorow's assigment!

Toujours, your idea was great!Keep it up!

EDIT: Ok, I got carried over and read two more chapters! And I almost died from laughing!=)=)
And Misty was...wow! in her suit fir the gym battle=D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
They're probably translating the Japanese words into English... That's probably why it's taking them a long time to publish a new one. I love Pokemon Adventures too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Looks like we've got a good fanbase going now! :) Assignment 2 is up, the second chapter of this volume.

It's set up weird because they switched two of the chapters around, but follow the link and you should be fine haha.

Back