• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 24, 2014
Livestreaming Pokemon.

Hello!
I'm a gamer from Estonia, and i have a little question.
I would like to ask, if any of you guys and girls, would watch me playing Pokemon?
I would speedrun Pokemon Yellow, starting with 50 rare candy etc.
I wanted just to ask would any of you watch it ?

-Thanks, Vihanehiir.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Hello!
I'm a gamer from Estonia, and i have a little question.
I would like to ask, if any of you guys and girls, would watch me playing Pokemon?
I would speedrun Pokemon Yellow, starting with 50 rare candy etc.
I wanted just to ask would any of you watch it ?

-Thanks, Vihanehiir.
People come and go across the board, so the most you can do is probably go for it and see what happens. I have a feeling some would rather see the somewhat official speedrun strats though (meaning you go through the whole game with a Nidoking) but that's just me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 1, 2014
Looking to start a Pokemon shiny gold x nuzlocke on youtube!

Hi, I'm Th3ProAssassin

I create pokemon gaming videos on youtube and i wanted to do something different so i was thinking would it be a good idea to start a pokemon shiny gold x nuzlocke randomizer?
please let me know as i think this idea would be very entertaining.

Thanks
Th3ProAssassin

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Hi, I'm Th3ProAssassin

I create pokemon gaming videos on youtube and i wanted to do something different so i was thinking would it be a good idea to start a pokemon shiny gold x nuzlocke randomizer?
please let me know as i think this idea would be very entertaining.

Thanks
Th3ProAssassin
I would actually think twice about doing a nuzlocke randomizer of any sort. You'll hit a harsh wall eventually (AKA no water Pokemon but you need surf.) However, if you wanna go ahead and do that, then by all means make it happen.

Also I have developed a guide for usage of Open Broadcaster Software. I never exactly finished it but I do believe it does give enough to get people started. Y'all can find it here.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Route by Route: A Shiny Adventure!

Hi everyone!

I am J. I am also known as TheUnconventional on SD. I did a StrawPoll and I saw that many people would be interested in the idea.

Here is what will happen:

1) I go to each route and hunt for a shiny there.
1a) I can use any method to find it (repel, chain, RE...)
2) I have to catch every Pokémon on that route in a shiny form.
3) I will gives away on Pokémon per route.

I will also turn this into a YouTube show so stay tuned! Please leave advice/ suggestions please pm me. :D

Dragneil

Lightning Trainer
Years
sounds crazy, so crazy it might just work... seriously though sounds like an interesting idea and a good one to watch, but sounds horribly time consuming on your part lol

Years
Hello everyone! So I'm new here but I have been doing Let's Plays for awhile! I have only done one Pokemon LP but may do more in the future (I'm not sure yet...) anyways, figure I would jump in and say heyyyyy ^^

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hello everyone! So I'm new here but I have been doing Let's Plays for awhile! I have only done one Pokemon LP but may do more in the future (I'm not sure yet...) anyways, figure I would jump in and say heyyyyy ^^
You can host non-pokemon LPs on here. Despite this being a Pokemon forum, Non-Pokemon Let's Plays are welcome.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
I started a gaming channel with sorta lets plays but I'm kind of having difficulties with it.. so any tips are very very welcome O3O.

Years
Will Do Light Platinum LP..

I have just a real quick question and would like some feedback.

I was thinking of doing a whole LP video on my iPad to be unique.
I can't post links yet, but if you go to my channel Quentin Lintz and click on the video "Play Any GBA Game on iPad/iPhone!!" You'll see an example of what it would appear as. (Watch in BEST quality please)

I obviously plan on videoing the high points of the game and grind (when needed) offscreen so I can be as entertaining as possible. I know this game has been done before, but I just really love it and would like some support and viewers.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
You guys know that there are many people on YouTube producing video game content daily, so it's important for each of us to have a proper grasp of how to define our channels to someone who is curious to check them out. So, if you were to try to win over a potential subscriber to your channel, how would you describe your channel to them?

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
You guys know that there are many people on YouTube producing video game content daily, so it's important for each of us to have a proper grasp of how to define our channels to someone who is curious to check them out. So, if you were to try to win over a potential subscriber to your channel, how would you describe your channel to them?

Im the #1 hyperactive knucklehead Commentator from the the Village hidden in LP...haha no jk, but id def tweak that a little and make it work as my description

Years
and......NUZLOCKE!

hey everybody my name is jared better known as steadydippn. i have a channel on youtube where i post lets plays nuzlockes and other pokemon randomness. Right now i am doing a nuzlocke of pokemon gold and i would love for you guys to check it out. please leave me ideas for the next nuzlocke or if you know of a good rom hack i can lets play let me know.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Need advice, PC Capture Hardware Or Software

I need help choosing either a new hard drive for dxtory or to get a elgato for pc recording I'm going to be doing a bunch of LP's

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
Years
I need help choosing either a new hard drive for dxtory or to get a elgato for pc recording I'm going to be doing a bunch of LP's

Sweet! Another Rome II player! I made a Rome II: Total War Campaign Basics series shortly after launch. They were taken down when I redid my channel, but they're now back up (on my new and improved channel). It's amazing to see how far that game has come since that cluster**** that they tried to call a launch.

Years
hey everybody my name is jared better known as steadydippn. i have a channel on youtube where i post lets plays nuzlockes and other pokemon randomness. Right now i am doing a nuzlocke of pokemon gold and i would love for you guys to check it out. please leave me ideas for the next nuzlocke or if you know of a good rom hack i can lets play let me know.

Ever tried Dark Rising 2? It's a fairly new hack and I've heard it's pretty good.

Years
Nuzlocke game recommenations

OK, so I was thinking about doing a random nuzlocke on youtube as they look quite fun and could be good for my youtube publicity, the question is which game should I do?

sidenote it can be any generation,1-5 but not gen 6 as they do not work with the projectpokemon universal randomizer. Looking forward to all your feedback, anything is welcome! :) {XD}

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
OK, so I was thinking about doing a random nuzlocke on youtube as they look quite fun and could be good for my youtube publicity, the question is which game should I do?

sidenote it can be any generation,1-5 but not gen 6 as they do not work with the projectpokemon universal randomizer. Looking forward to all your feedback, anything is welcome! :) {XD}
I would recommend using a gen 5 game personally. Mostly because it would give you the greatest variety of possible Pokemon.

Back