• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Unova Masters (IC)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
DeSean woke up with the sun gleaming in his eyes. He groaned before being shook awake by the time. It was already noon and he was about to get his first pokemon! DeSean took a quick shower and threw on just any old clothes he could find. He burst out the door without even eating breakfast! The lab was usually an hours walk from his small apartment in Nuvema. He dashed at a full sprint for nearly half an hour before he could see it over the rolling hills. As he approached the lab at full speed he noticed that a bunch of men were running away from what looked like the lab. DeSean arrived completely out of breath. One look inside the window told him that the other two trainers had already picked leaving him one Pokemon. DeSean walked in to the lab ignoring the two trainers having a battle and went straight to professor Juniper who was organizing her papers.
"Professor may I please have my Pokemon?" DeSean asked winded.

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
Leon accepted his pokèballs from the professor and his Pokedex. "Thanks Prof and from here I bid you ado." Leon put the Pokèballs away and also his Pokedex. "Aren't you going to return Snivy to its Pokeball?" asked Juniper. "I like the idea of Snivy traveling outside with me at the moment." just as Leon was finishing his statement he tripped over a Pokemon. When he looked up he saw a little dog glaring at him. "Leon, that would be the Lilipup I was talking about earlier. Catch it! Catch it! Catch it!" screamed PAM. Leon nodded at Snivy and Snivy nodded back. "Now show it your contest blade of the Leaf!" Snivy jumped into the air and spun down with its glowing tail to attack. The small dog was smacked hard and fell to the ground. Snivy and Leon though they were done but the dog rose up and rushed at Snivy with a Tackle. Snivy stood its ground but was slightly pushed back. Still tired from Patrat's attacks, Snivy dropped to one knee. Snivy then shot off that leg into a talk attack of its own. The two Pokemon collided and fell to the ground. Leon facepalmed then threw his Pokeball at Lilipup to try and catch the small dog. "This is going to be a long journey to being a top coordinator"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas McGuire - Route 1

Lucas looks around at the trainers. Two of them already engaging in a Pokemon battle and the other attempting his first capture. Lucas felt uneasy. He looked at Tepig that looked back at him. She smiled and then followed up with a yawn. Lucas looked at the Snivy trainer, Zorua trainer and Oshawott trainer. Lucas kneeled down to talk with Tepig. 'Tepig? If I'm correct, a Pokemon trainer battle can involve more than 2 battlers, right?' The swine tilted her head. Thought for a sec and shook in a confirming manor. Lucas smiled then lost it, because he had to face the fear of talking to people he doesn't know. He makes his way over to the 2 trainers ready to kick off.

'Umm, excuse me guys....I....uhh...seeing as we are all starting off...would you like to...tag battle instead? Oh! But I mean if it's not okay that's fine! We could ask the Snivy trainer too.... IF only he is okay with it too...'

KingKaos

Years
"Leon, it would seem you have been called to participate in a tag battle. Will you accept?" PAM asked Leon. "I might as well accept this battle experience could suit me well for contest double battles. This has been quite productive. However, I need my Snivy healed first before anything." As Leon said that Professor Juniper came over and healed his Snivy. "Thanks, prof." Leon turned to the other trainers. "So how about you let me and the Tepig trainer in on this battle too?!"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
(This is the joint post Raph and I were working on. THE BATTLE IS ON!)

"Quickly Zora dodge and use your scratch attack" Zora nods and swiftly dodges the Brine attack by jumping to the sides with grace. Zora then charged at the Oshawott aiming to hit it with a Scratch attack. When Zora got close it's claws started to glow and she swung towards the Oshawott hoping for a damaging hit.

The blow struck Little Bro with surprising force. He was sent reeling, but he quickly recovered. "Alright Little Bro, use Brine again!" Little Bro began to shuffle on its feet and finally released a second flood of water at the Zorua with a large huff in hopes of damaging it.

My eyes widened when I saw a huge amount of water flying towards Zora. Zora got hit full force and stumbled trying to get up. "Zora use your Scratch attack now" I said and Zora huffed loudly and charged at the Oshawott in hopes of hitting it hard.

Dunn grinned. Things were finally getting good. Little Bro took the hit, but Dunn decided to counter his attack. "Little Bro, get things going!" The Oshawott charged the Zorua with a ill-powered tackle.

My eyes quickly widened when Zora was struck with a massive tackle. "Zora quickly use Leer" I say and Zoras eyes turn bright red as she stares atty the Oshawott

Little Bro shrunk away, but he called out. "Hold up a sec." Dunn turned to the two new challengers. "Well, I'm good with it if you are." He looked to Raphael. What say you?"

"A two on two battle?" I asked myself and smiled lightly at my Zorua. I quickly grabbed a Super Potion from my bag and healed Zora.

"I'm ready if you guys are" I said and smiled.

Proffesor Juniper walked up to Little Bro and healed him up. "I'm ready." Dunn said and nodded.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
"Hello Accumula Town!" Grey yelled to the crowd in front of the Pokemon Center. "I am here represeting Team Plasma! I, for one, hate it when pokemon severly hurt each other! They are not willingly battling for you. It's your fight, not theirs. Settle it amongst yourselves, don't make your pokemon fight for you. I don't keep my pokemon in a pokeball, nor did I catch him. He joined me by his own free will. Who agrees with me when I say pokemon should do what they want!" Of course, nobody listened because he was merely 11 years old. In fact two anti-Plasma people caught him, and then kicked him out into Route 1. "Well, this is just great. I was just kicked out of a city, and what possibly might be my only way back." Grey says as he brushes himself off. What do I do now? Tell of Team Plasma at the small town of Numeva? No one will listen there... But, it's my only bet of getting promoted. He thought, continuing down the path. "Hey Harry? Do you think I'll ever get noticed by any other Team Plasma?" He says to Harry, who is on his shoulder at the time.
"Eevee!" Harry says, nodding.
"Good, at least someone beleives in me." Grey says. He then sees the four trainers, but ignores them, instead sneaking past, because he didn't want a repeat of the last town.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Professor Juniper looked at DeSean for a good thirty seconds before saying to him,

"I'm sorry but all the Pokemon here have been taken."

DeSean was disappointed; no not just disappointed but depressed. His one shot at being a Pokemon Trainer was now gone all because he overslept. When Shawn was about to turn around and leave Professor Juniper said,

"But I can lend you a Pokemon and you can catch a Pokemon yourself."

DeSean was so happy he didn't know what to say. Professor Juniper looked through an assortment of Poke Balls and picked one and told him,

"Here, its a Lillipup. You can use it to catch any Pokemon you like. Oh and here is your Poke Ball."

With the Loaner Pokemon in hand he rushed out toward Route 1 looking around desperately for a Pokemon. He walked along a road surrounded on both sides by trees and bushes. DeSean was fully alert now any noise and he knew it was a Pokemon. DeSean heard a rustling in a patch of bushes that he wouldn't hear normally if he wasn't in his hyper senses state. Desean quietly went over to the patch of grass his Pokemon in his hand.

DeSean whispered to his Lillipup , "OK if you see a Pokemon in there Tackle it out of those bushes and out here and I will give you further commands."

With that he flung the Poke Ball over the bushes and he heard the sound of the Lillipup coming out of his Poke Ball and into the fight. Out came two Pokemon from the bushes, Lillipup and a wild Patrat. Lillipup had the Patrat pinned on its back struggling to regain its upright position. Patrat gave Lillipup a good headbutt and sent him flying off it. Patrat got up and tried to make a run for it when Lillipup regained itself and smashed into the wild Pokemon's side. The Patrat tumbled to the ground unable to get up.

Nows my chance. DeSean thought.

He fumbled around in his pockets for his Poke Ball and threw it at the Patrat. The poor Pokemon was engulfed in a red energy beam and held captive in the Poke Ball for one beep, two beeps, three beeps, and done. The Poke Ball stopped shaking and the Patrat didn't come out. Finally he had done it he had caught his first Pokemon. He ran over to his newly caught Patrat picked him up and practically skipped back to Professor Junipers lab.

KingKaos

Years
Leon moved towards the Tepig trainer, "Hey listen here, I saw that move from your Tepig earlier and I know it does more damage the heavier you are compared to the opponent. If that's the case, I think we can get a combination move going. I'll have my Snivy get on Tepig's back then you use that move to do more damage. Aim for the Zorua with this move. My Snivy will deal damage to the Oshawott with our Leaf Blade." Leon looks down at Snivy "First strike gets the advantage! Snivy use Tackle on Oshawott then smack Zorua with a whiplash leaf blade!" Snivy charges at Leon's opponents!

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Dunn saw that the Snivy was coming at him with a Leaf Blade. Crap! That'll be super-effective! "Zorua guy, keep that Snivy away from Little Bro and I'll take care of the Tepig!" Before his ally could make a move, he cried out to Little Bro. "Dodge it!" The Snivy missed with the Tackle, but struck home with the Leaf Blade, sending Little Bro flying. "No! Use Brine on the Tepig!" The Oshawott stood up, dazed but not beaten, and nodded. 'Osha!' He shouted as he released a torrent of water that rushed towards the mounted Snivy and Tepig.

KingKaos

Years
"Leaf Blade Shield our partner,Snivy!" Shouted Leon as he saw Oshawott beginning to attack Tepig. Leon recognized his partner could be easily frazzled from the previous battle with the plasma members around them. "We have to work together, kid. Keep your head together and stay away from the water attacks." Leon said to his partner as Snivy used its tail to block the water from Oshawott's attack. Snivy was pushed back by the attack, but then shook off the water. "Good job! Now give us your best shot again!" Leon and Snivy both waited for their opponents and partner attacks.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
"Hello Accumula Town!" Grey says, yelling out to the small town. "I am from Team Plasma and I..." He never finished that sentence. because the moment he said 'Team Plasma' Prof. Juniper started harassing him for attacking her earlier.
"Who do you think you are?! Attacking me out of the blue, why I otta..." She said.
"M'am, it wasn't me specifically, I just got here, and, well, have never been here before." Grey replied, backing away from the enraged Prof., but she didn't listen. Instead, she kicked him out. Literally.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas frozen in the spot snaps out of it when the Snivy protects Tepig from the water. His partner told him that they need to work together, so Lucas pulls his goggles over his eyes. 'Let's do this Tepig! Charge in with a Tail Whip on Zorua and Oshawott!' Lucas commanded with his instant confidence boost. Tepig nodded with the Snivy on her back as she sprinted very quickly towards the otter and fox. Tepig swooped her springy pigtail across both opponents with a weak force. 'Now Tepig, Tackle!' Tepig charged towards the foes once more.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
" Zorua quickly use your Scratch attack when he gets near" I said and smiled as Tepig got closer and Zorua's claws brightened as she slashed at the Tepig and Snivy. Zorua smiled again and hoped that the Scratch would hit and braced for any counter attack.

" Dunn I won't let you down, we won't lose" I said underneath my breath hoping nobody heard me. I smiled as the Tepig, Snivy combo charged forward.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Dunn had an idea. "Little Bro! Use Tackle and hit 'em from the other side!" He and Raph had them locked in a pincer move. We got this, not doubt. The Oshawott and Zorua charged from opposite sides. From Dunn's point of view, there was no way out. The Tepig and Snivy were pretty much screwed. Besides, Little Bro was angry at the Snivy for deflecting his Brine. He had more power than he did before. Dunn called out to Raphael. "Don't worry! We got this!" He flashed a thumbs-up and his winning smile.

KingKaos

Years
Leon saw both of his opponents coming from both sides after Snivy and Tepig were knocked back by a Scratch attack. "We aren't cornered here! Hey this is going to hurt a bit but it's to ensure a good dodge." Leon said smiling at his partner. "Snivy let's get an evasive maneuver going!" Snivy's eyes glimmered and from there she stood up on Tepig's back, from there she jumped behind Tepig and kicked it out of the way along with herself. "Good leg strength there Snivy!" Just as Leon thought he had gotten away, Zorua and Oshawott made swift turns and hit her with Scratch and Tackle. "Oh snap!"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas wonders what his partner means by it hurting and notices his Snivy kicking Tepig out of the way. 'Hey! We're together on this!' Tepig got back to it's feet to see Snivy getting pounded by Oshawott and Zorua. 'Tepig, Tackle Oshawott!' The pig squeals and charges into the otter knocking it away from Snivy. 'Now tackle again on Zorua!' Tepig dashes towards Zorua looking to get another strong hit in.

KingKaos

Years
Following the attack, Tepig pushed away Oshawott with a tackle attack and attempted another tackle on Zorua. Leon looked at the situation and prepared for the combination he had thought of with Snivy and Tepig. "Snivy, use your legs to toss Zorua into Oshawott." Snivy complied with her trainer's command and after Zorua was stunned by Tepig's tackle, she tossed Zorua into Oshawott. "Now get on Tepig's back for the combo" Leon commanded. Snivy got on Tepig's back and they began charging at the stunned Oshawott and Zorua. Leon moved over to his partner. "Now have Tepig use Heavy Slam. With Tepig and Snivy's combined weight the move will do more damage than if it was just your Tepig. This is the combo I figured out so let's see if it can hit the mark." Leon winks at his partner and awaits him to give Tepig the command.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Dunn gasped. He didn't have much room to counteract! "Little Bro! Use Brine to stop them in their tracks!" The Oshawott nodded and began pumping gallons of water at the pair and knocked them aside. "WOOHOO!" Dunn cried out at the successful attack. Before it, the battle had seemed one-sided. "Take that!" He looked at Raph again. "We got this!" Little Bro walked up to Zora and held out a paw for a high five. Dunn did the same with Raph.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
OOC: Grey befriends a swarm pokemon in this post, is that okay? I'll edit if it's not.
"How rude. Those people have absolutely no manners. Isn't that right Harry," Grey says, brushing himself off. "Now then, what to do now. I mean, we were kicked out of two cities on the same day, and they're connected by this one path."
"Eevee, Eevee E-Eevee." The Eevee says, pointing at the tall grass with its head. Does he mean to sleep there, or befried a new pokemon. Either way, I don't think it'll work. I mean, unless a pokemon wants to come with me...
"Do you want a new pal?" Grey says to Harry, who nods in agreement. "Alright then, off to the tall grass." So, onward they go, searching the grass for a new friend, when an enraged Farfetch'd dashes toward them and bonks Grey on the head. "Oww.... What was that for?! I oughta teacj you some manners! I've had enough of getting bonked around today, and I'm taking my anger out on you! Harry, tackle attack!" Harry does as he is told, pinning the poor Farfetch'd to the ground, then jumping on it repediatley. Alas, this moment of victory did not last long, and Farfetch'd slashed him in the stomach for that. Harry then dashes for it again, and tackles it again. This time, the Farfetch'd surrenders, and backs off. "Aww... D-Did I do what I promised never to do? I... I hurt a pokemon in my rage. A-Are you okay? Farfetch'd?"
The Farfetch'd walks toward him, and as if he were saying, "You have beat me in a contest of strength, and I would like to learn your way of fighting." He bowed to Grey, and hopped on his back.

KingKaos

Years
Leon was starting to get concerned that his combo was starting to fall apart, following Oshawott's Brine slipping up Tepig and Snivy. He then noticed the team high five.

"Don't look down on me! Snivy use Leaf Blade on Oshawott. We will go tail to shell with this guy and then high five our power into his face." Leon had suddenly snapped from having his combo broken. He felt like his art was being laughed at with the high five as well. Just as Snivy was about to rush I to trouble, PAM let out a loud beeping noise.

"Leon get it together! And calm down! It's just one small setback." Leon was shocked as well with the beeping. "Glad I had that installed to calm me down if I go overboard. Alright PAM thanks! Sorry for losing it partner." Leon said to both the trainer and Snivy.

Back