• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon showcase thread!

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
gftgvbhn_by_goatman64-d7232kh.png

Rules
This thread is only for pokemon trading card game.
Have fun!

Years
What? No pictures of your own collection?

Oh well. I'll get us started with a picture of my cardboxes.

Spoiler:

These contain a large portion of my collection. I think I need more boxes, though.

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Why have nobody post their collection ?

Well in my situation, i am just having a little trouble getting the pictures right now. And donavannj that's kinda true lol. And it seems that there's not very many members that are into the cards. :(

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Here's one of my pictures from the last thread:

Spoiler:

They are only 1% of the quantity of my collection but 99% of its value.

I've also pulled these two since the last thread:

Spoiler:

Years
Here's one of my pictures from the last thread:

Spoiler:

They are only 1% of the quantity of my collection but 99% of its value.

I've also pulled these two since the last thread:

Spoiler:

Impressive! Show us your sheer quantity of commons, too, if you feel like taking pictures of them!

I don't have any fresh pictures to post at the moment. :(

Last edited:

DeekBoy

Go Kick Rocks
Years
I collected Pokemon when they came out and instantly fell in love. We ended up having to move and my cards were placed in storage. My mom ended up losing the storage unit and with that went my cards. Since then I always wanted to collect them again. the past few years I bought booster packs and separate cards so I could once again have a complete collection. Here is Base, Jungle, Fossil, Team Rocket, Gym Hero and Challenge plus a good amount of Promos.
IMG_2037_zps842b5e89.jpg

IMG_2041_zps3fc11027.jpg

IMG_2039_zps431305ff.jpg

IMG_2045_zps29d5d7b6.jpg

Years
I collected Pokemon when they came out and instantly fell in love. We ended up having to move and my cards were placed in storage. My mom ended up losing the storage unit and with that went my cards. Since then I always wanted to collect them again. the past few years I bought booster packs and separate cards so I could once again have a complete collection. Here is Base, Jungle, Fossil, Team Rocket, Gym Hero and Challenge plus a good amount of Promos.
Spoiler:

That's actually freaking impressive. Holy crap. How long did it take to complete all of those sets?

I'll be back with some more of my cards later tonight.

DeekBoy

Go Kick Rocks
Years
That's actually freaking impressive. Holy crap. How long did it take to complete all of those sets?

I'll be back with some more of my cards later tonight.

It took a little over a year. At first I would buy just old booster packs. That way I could relive those old memories. That got a bit expensive so i went and grabbed singles that i had missed. The hardest art was getting cards in mint condition. Pretty hard since they are so old. These cards have since moved into binders since its much better for them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I started collecting cards, watching the show, playing the game in the mid 90's. Around 2003 I stopped buying the cards and playing the game, around 2006 I stopped watching the show. I started playing again in 2012 and finally finished Yellow and Crystal, in Jul 2013 I saw TheCatsMeowth video on youtube and liked the Plasma Freeze card art(I hated the E-series and it led me to stop buying the cards) and wanted to physically open a pack of cards again so decided to buy some and started buying those 4 sets. I do not like Legendary Treasures. Since August 2013 I have 19 Ex cards, 1 full art supporter and 1 shiny all from single booster packs bought at stores like Walmart and Meijer. Only the Virizion are from a box. They are in the order I got them.
tumblr_n0ykt4p5Vu1r12rm4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0ykt4p5Vu1r12rm4o2_r2_1280.jpg

I started collecting some promos so I have various promos from tins and collections. The Eeveelutions are doublesided. I have regular versions and reverses in the blue binder from Freeze, Boundaries, Blast and Storm. Not pictured I have 8 Ace specs, 13 including duplicates. One box contains the duplicates I have from Freeze and Boundaries, the other from Blast and Storm. Right now they only contain up to 16 duplicates. I have a corrected Blaine's Charizard but it's creased, I also have a 1st edition Lt Surges Raichu, most of the cards I have from before B&W are scratched/creased, the Japanese cards in the sleeves and the ones on the right are in pretty good condition. I now put all holos into sleeves right out of the pack. I have a plastic bag filled with commons and uncommons from Base Set and on. On the left side are boosters from various sets I don't collect but got single packs from, they are opened but contain the cards that came with them. Since I don't really care about the cards I just keep them in the package so I can remember what they are.

Years
I must ask: where did you find those boxes that hold 1100? I can only find the ones of that brand that state their capacity is 2000 cards.

As in, this one (box is about 75% MtG cards and 25% Pokemon, but you wouldn't know it from above):
Spoiler:

And some of my binders, most of which are half empty, waiting for me to get the cards that I'm missing.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I'm not much of a collector. I trade to play the game. But then again i only have cards from the first 3 sets, all of B/W sets, and now X/Y.

Years
I'm not much of a collector. I trade to play the game. But then again i only have cards from the first 3 sets, all of B/W sets, and now X/Y.

You still have cards to show off, though, even if you don't really collect. I mean, those EXs you have are worthy of bragging about. ;)

Although being both a competitive player and a collector can get expensive if you're trying to dive fully into both simultaneously.

EDIT: Here's another photo of soem of my theme deck boxes. And yes, they do contain cards!

IMAG0832_zpscd32257d.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got it from Meijer, I've seen it at other places.

Here's some new pictures of my old collection thats been sitting in a ziploc bag and binder for over 10 years.
Trainers including Japanese Misty's Tears, censored...
tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o1_1280.jpg

My 1st edition cards
https://31.media.tumblr.com/657f9527c1e8130688d63e506e9a62d6/tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o2_1280.jpg
My Charizard cards including corrected Blaine's Charizard, both are creased unfortunately
tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o3_1280.jpg

Some more cards, the bottom is English and Japanese Gym Heroes and Challenge, the top is various other cards
https://31.media.tumblr.com/cf369b4c38ca883f54758e53d5824277/tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o4_1280.jpg
I found out I have 11 Charmander and 6 Zapdos
tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o5_1280.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/792e62a43a0158fdef5a19d9722bc605/tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o6_1280.jpg
Two cards I found in my binder that I had no idea what they were, and my favorite Japanese/holo cards, of which are the only holos I have from the old sets not scratched up.
https://24.media.tumblr.com/dca147838b0f07231fe038fdbe6d9a6a/tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o7_1280.jpg
My updated ex picture
tumblr_n1dmtxmZjA1r12rm4o8_1280.jpg

Years
The condition and quality of your old cards is making me jealous, as I was a terrible steward of my collection as a kid.

It took a little over a year. At first I would buy just old booster packs. That way I could relive those old memories. That got a bit expensive so i went and grabbed singles that i had missed. The hardest art was getting cards in mint condition. Pretty hard since they are so old. These cards have since moved into binders since its much better for them.

That's all? Seems like a really short period of time to have managed to find all of those!

Anyway, have some more photos of stacks of cards! I kind of abandoned sorting these when I ran out of places to put them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I feel like the only thing im proud of in terms of my collection is a fully holo/reverse holo deck. maybe if i ever finish it i will post it. But atm im short 4 max potion 2 N and 2 prof Juniper for my Beedrill Deluxe deck.

Feel free to supply me with what i need. lol.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Ayy I finally organized my rare cards.

Spoiler:

Sorry for the darkness, I had a terrible time trying to reduce the glare.

Back