• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Today Is 'Stick Out Your Tongue Day': Is Sticking Your Tongue Out Funny or Rude?

Years
Sticking one's tongue out is indeed childish, but sometimes I do it as a joke to my mother when I intentionally piss her off about something, but she doesn't get upset :P

droomph

weeb
Years
i…don't get it tbh

so neither.

If you want to be funny, tell a joke.

If you want to be rude, tell them about your…flip them off, actually.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wow, you guys make me feel weird.

Imo, sticking out your tongue is funny and playful. A little childish? Perhaps. I do it all the time though, as a joke. =D

Years
i stick out my tongue sometimes, but just the tip. usually to indicate relaxed-ness. sometimes i do it to my friend when we're not talking.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I stick out my tongue a lot for fun/playful reasons or just as a "lol you" kind of thing or "lol that's silly", so I don't think it's rude at all and I wasn't aware anyone did haha. I just find it to be a cheeky fun gesture and nothing more!

Years
It's more childish than anything. :< I definitely don't think that gesture is very rude nor is it funny at all.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I'm with Alex. I stick my tongue out at co-workers (who I consider "close") all the time at work. I'll get the odd, "Respect your elders" comment but they're joshing me, too.

I wouldn't recommend just sticking your tongue out at just anyone, though. Around here it is considered rude.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's funny around friends, it's rude to anyone else...at least for me. xD If someone out of random sticks a tongue out at me I'd beat the crap out of them instantly.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I think it is a bit childish thing to do,
so if you do it I will think you are not mature for you age. ( unless you have a special need and can not help it).

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
It may seem pretty childish when done in front of strangers, sure. I wouldn't really care if someone were to do it to me, though. I'd find it quite amusing xD

I tend to do it to my friends, family, colleagues - and they do the same :3

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
It may seem childish and/or rude if you do it among strangers. If you're around people who you are very comfortable with then they would pass it along as a joke and laugh at you.

I also agree with this:
If you want to be rude, tell them about your…flip them off, actually.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I do it from time to time jokingly with my friends. I don't see how its rude unless you do it to like a total stranger, lol. Childish? So what. I don't see any harm in it n_n

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Damn. Some of you have really warped definition of the word childish.

I don't think its funny or rude. Or childish, for that matter. I don't really think much from it other than someone is joking around?? Oh, and also some people look really cute when they stick out their tongues while others look fugly.

Back