• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Unova Pokemon League Conference is Upon Us! Who Will Emerge Victorious?

Which of these trainers will become champion of the Unova league?

• Ash/Satoshi

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Trip/Shooty

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Bianca/Bel

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Stephan/Kenyan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotetsu

• Virgil

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Iris (she isn't even entering!)

• Somebody Else We've Seen Before (like Montgomery/Masaomi)

• Some New Rising Rival Who'll Return in the Future

• Some Random Dude/Chick We'll Never Hear from Again

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Our Player Character! (Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa)

• Cheren (so that's what he's been doing this entire time...)

• Nobody- Team Plasma is going to step in and cancel the league, creating a new arc to keep Ash in Uno

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • N (because he's N)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Tobias/Action Replay Abuser

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Linking to the video so people know what you (and I) are talking about:

In which I will have to agree with the majority of what Kenshin said above and this video kind of shows. Especially the part with Leavanny in which it easily dodges a Close Combat (that wouldn't be very effective on the Bug/Grass Pokemon anyways). Also it looks like Pignite might have taken Hydreigon down but lost to Samurott. Or somehow took Samurott down and lost to Hydreigon? The former seems more likely but I'm bad at predicting these kinds of things. Though they didn't show any part of what could be a battle between Virgil and Ash so that is something that still needs to be found out at all.

As for N .... it looks like that the idea of Plasma stopping the league or halting it might actually become reality (which is what I personally wanted but said it was unrealistic ... it kind of became more realistic). That or Ash loses and then we jump to Plasma but then I would think they would have done the preview a bit differently.

As for Eevee the only way Eevee can possibly evolve mid-battle (unless they show us a new way to evolve with it) is if it learns a new move during the battle. Someone speculated gender-related but I'm not quite sure how that could be pulled off.

Since N's episode is written differently, I don't think it plays any part in with the Unova tournament. Its either a one-shot episode like the Brock/Misty episodes and the unaired Brock/Dawn episodes. That is if its not like the special Roar of Thunder filler feom Johto. It may be a quick animated version of N vs Hilda/Hilbert.

I don't expect anything great from it since it looks like a side filler that has nothing to do with the Tournament. Can't watch it on my phone so haven't seen trailer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah. Didn't think about any of that until after I made my post. Either way, people are happy that N is going to be animated. It'll be even better if he was involved in the anime directly especially after not showing the two episodes that did have Plasma. But either way I'm pretty excited for it.

But with that said we should leave further discussion of N until later after we find out whether it's a special/after tournament thing that warrants its own thread or if it's a league thing and sticks around here.

Back to the tournament the images for Trips and Ash's second part of the battle came up on Serebii and

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ya,I posted something that we don't even know if it is part of the main anime line or not. But just seems out how they only show him walking down steps and out a door. Hard to tell right now and ya I seen the Bianca picture on Serebii. I still dislike how Ash won.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Hopefully a Plasma arc comes to fruition, but either way it doesn't seem like their presence will be wasted like I was beginning to feel they were going to just be written out. Although the portion of the trailer really doesn't give us much insight.

BinaryPeaches said:
Also it looks like Pignite might have taken Hydreigon down but lost to Samurott. Or somehow took Samurott down and lost to Hydreigon? The former seems more likely but I'm bad at predicting these kinds of things. Though they didn't show any part of what could be a battle between Virgil and Ash so that is something that still needs to be found out at all.

As for N .... it looks like that the idea of Plasma stopping the league or halting it might actually become reality (which is what I personally wanted but said it was unrealistic ... it kind of became more realistic). That or Ash loses and then we jump to Plasma but then I would think they would have done the preview a bit differently.

As for Eevee the only way Eevee can possibly evolve mid-battle (unless they show us a new way to evolve with it) is if it learns a new move during the battle. Someone speculated gender-related but I'm not quite sure how that could be pulled off.
Pika takes out Samurott from the looks of the scans.

I hope that theory comes to light, cause for me the League didn't really seem league like. For instance usually they have some kind of festive atmosphere, and Mr. Goodshow is present. In this cause neither was there. There was little build up to the league. I mean sure there was a little build up while they were staying at the Villa.

As for the Eeveelution yeah it seems like a move related evo that would have to occur. Of course who knows what evo methods they would have by sixth gen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hopefully a Plasma arc comes to fruition, but either way it doesn't seem like their presence will be wasted like I was beginning to feel they were going to just be written out. Although the portion of the trailer really doesn't give us much insight.

Pika takes out Samurott from the looks of the scans.

I hope that theory comes to light, cause for me the League didn't really seem league like. For instance usually they have some kind of festive atmosphere, and Mr. Goodshow is present. In this cause neither was there. There was little build up to the league. I mean sure there was a little build up while they were staying at the Villa.

As for the Eeveelution yeah it seems like a move related evo that would have to occur. Of course who knows what evo methods they would have by sixth gen.

For Kotetsu, the scan with full team rosters had 2 Samurott on Kotetsu's team. He could have 2.

For Eevee, keep in mind the Anime isn't good at keeping Evolutions to Canon versions. They may evolve one way in the games but the anime doesn't always follow that. Same said for Form Changes for some Pokemon.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Could be a Zoroark or Ditto. Or very well a typo since it shows Ash Unfezant as a Male, he shows 7 pokemon when we know Ash is using Pikachu so obviously one shown won't battle.

And the evolution part is very true considering instances such as Politoed evolving from just contact with Kings Rock. Either way I'd love to see our first sixth gen here. But I don't get the feeling we will for some reason.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With N being the next arc according to Serebii. I assume eather Ash will win and follow Black/White 1 storyline. Or Team Plasma will stop the League right after Virgil and Ash's battle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
With N being the next arc according to Serebii. I assume eather Ash will win and follow Black/White 1 storyline. Or Team Plasma will stop the League right after Virgil and Ash's battle.

According to Serebii the N Arc (which honestly, with the name like Episode N still sounds like it'll be one of the special Episodes like the Johto series that had G/S/C's Main Protagonists fighting Team Rocket to save a Raikou.) starts after the Unova League finishes. So I don't see any interruption yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There could possibly be some build-up though. For example whatever 'strange place' Axew finds himself in (which honest to goodness better be build-up if Axew is getting lost again), and with the three or so episodes between Kotetsu and the N Episode they could possibly bring in some more build-up. Who knows, but it would be neat.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Spoiler:

Binary posted this on another thread. I'll let him tell you what he said. So maybe Ash will win still. It is still hard to say. However,it does look like they are in some sort of stadium with the wall and the white line in the back ground.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, we know for certain now that the Unova League is competed before the Plasma Saga starts. So the question is 'who wins' still up in the air.

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah, it seemed pointless to me as well. I guess they put it in to break up the fighting. There might be another after Kortesu match.

I looked at the pictures again. The guy with his back turned looks like a badass. He is also almost the very opposite side of Ash, on the match maker. He is also under Virgil. I just set up a quick bracket to see how many matched there would be. There is 4 from Stephan's match with Ash. So there is 4 more rounds. Stephan, Kortesu, Virgil, and the guy with his back turned will probably be Ash's matches. If he beats Virgil

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The guy with his backed turned is Dino, which Ash has in fact already faced and defeated in Don Battle Semis. He could win who knows, if they went by badass looks he will win lol. Yeah I still have a feeling Virgil will beat him, but only time will tell.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
... So apparently the conclusion of the Unova League will be the conclusion of the Ash vs Kotetsu battle?? I'm a little confused since we've already seen a preview for that battle and it certainly looked like that Ash wins it. However, the title it called 'Episode 769: Unova League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!'

I'm dumb and can't think of a reason for this (unless Plasma does jump in at the end but that doesn't seem to be the case). Anyone willing to fill this in for me. I mean, I can see Kotetsu's Riolu evolving into Lucario (and thus pulling the same move Ash always does and winning after an evolution) but yeah... For all I'm concerned the last panel of the scans shown on the last page in this thread could be Kotetsu being excited that he had won? It's possible I guess.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think Ash will lose to someone else. We know he beats Kotetsu and Kotetsu's Riolu doesn't evolve in the battle. So that means in the same episode Ash faces off against someone else and loses to them.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
There hasn't been any more episode names to come out which is a bit surprising. We have about 6 weeks between the time of today and when the Plasma Arc starts. I'd assume that they will have a 2 week or so break. Giving us four weeks. and only two of the four week episodes have been revealed. The last match between who ever beats Ash, will probably be a two part episode.

Also I am looking at the teams again between their match. It doesn't look like Ash is using Krookodile in the episode, so Hydreigon is a major threat. I am a bit surprised sense that is really only the powerhouse he has. Also looking at the last picture of panel, Pikachu defeats Swanna in the last battle with pikachu. So it looks like Kotetsu lost and he is acting stupid.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I'm not keeping my hopes up for Ash to win. While it would be nice if he won the league, I don't see it happening.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
An upcoming ep is called Isshu League Conclusion Lucario vs Pikachu. Maybe Virgil was called away on a ranger mission. (Bridge to Episode N maybe?) That would be interesting

Back