• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon 3D

What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?

• Kanto/Johto

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • New region

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Both

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

exteradude

Cool! Well, are you going to make random weather that affects the battle too? I mean, in Colosseum/XD, there is a scene every turn. It's not quite natural. I mean, it says "The sunlight is strong." Why not make it so it shows all the time? I mean, it starts raining in an area, and areas have different weather rates. For example, in a forest city it rains and the sun shines a lot, but it rains more. And when you are battling outside, in the rain or hot sun, instead of just showing a short scene and saying "The rain continues to fall," it shows the sun shining all the time (Not so much that you can't see the field), or raining/drizzling all the time, as a special effect. So you know it's raining and it won't waste time.

EDIT: I joined your forums. I'll try to tell my friends!

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Well a weather system was planned from the beginning and it will definetly affect the way pokemon battle aslo when pokemon are caught, such as water pokemon are found more frequently and fight better on a rainy day/night. Butm we are still refining it, like evrything - we want to get most oof it right first time. Any ther suggestions most them at the forum. Thanks, David.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I hope a preview will come ot soon. It looks great. (The Pokémon looks better than in Stadium 1+2) But if you planned to re-texture them do this. I think this is going to be a great game. Hang on it and do your best. And don't give this great ides up, please.

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Hey guys something i kinda forgot to ask. I asked on a programming forum if some people wouldnt mind helping with the programming. I told them it was a pokemon themed game in 3D. This is what i recieved...

"Creating a game based on copyrighted material is copyright infringement and at least in the US, illegal. It doesn't matter if the game is created for free, given away for free, or whatever... it is still considered infringement and at best you can be shut down and at worst, sued."

I thought you were allowed to create fan games if you did not profit of them. No-one in the team is profiting off pokemon and we are creating most of the resources and media ourselves.

What do you think? Is making Pokémon3D illegal?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Hey guys something i kinda forgot to ask. I asked on a programming forum if some people wouldnt mind helping with the programming. I told them it was a pokemon themed game in 3D. This is what i recieved...

I thought you were allowed to create fan games if you did not profit of them. No-one in the team is profiting off pokemon and we are creating most of the resources and media ourselves.

What do you think? Is making Pokémon3D illegal?

No. You havn't steal material of any company and so if you craete all by yourself it isn't illegal. Where did you get this message?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
Nintendo said fan games are okay as long as you don't sell them or claim the sprites/music, etc. But if you are doing everything yourselves, the only problem would be if you sold it. So I guess your project is okay.

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
Years
Keep the good work up, if you put your heart to it i know you could finish it. Yea what do you use for the 3D's.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Wow...this game looks way better then stadium 1-2!!! Just 1 question: You said that in the demo would be 25 Pokémon or something. But how many will be in the game if it's completed?

~Cya, UnitRico

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Dude, this game rocks. keep up the good work.

PS, peoples keep posting, or this will be the start of a dead thread, trust me, i've seen it happen befor.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Wow...this game looks way better then stadium 1-2!!! Just 1 question: You said that in the demo would be 25 Pokémon or something. But how many will be in the game if it's completed?

~Cya, UnitRico

Oh I know it. There will be 251 Pokémon (Gold/Silver/Cystal). Klick on his banner to get to his Page. If you look around you'll se it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2007
Nintendo has given permission to create fangames, but be aware that they can revoke it at any time. You are, after all, using Nintendo's Pokemon designs, battle system, game mechanics, etc for the most part. Those things can be copyrighted.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK don't post see if I care! (i do) Can we have a few more screenshots please? And can we have beta testers? If so I wanna be one.

Back