• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any disappointments so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I'm disappointed that Pokémon didn't go full 3d a long time ago. Also, I'm not really digging the starters, maybe that will change when I see their fully evolved forms.

Other than that, we haven't seen enough of the game yet to form any real opinions. I'm gonna need more info, all we got was a quick reveal and a few short clips so far.

the new Pokemon all exude a Fakemon-like quality that shouldn't be present in official designs.

Could you please explain this one to me? I mean what does that even mean? They look like fakemon? They shouldn't be present in the official design?

What determines the LOOK of a pokemon? Gamefreak themselves designed the new starters so by that fact alone wouldn't that make them official?

There is no set definition of what a Pokemon has to look like to my knowledge, and if there it is fan created and should not be taken very seriously.

Last edited:

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I'm not even sure if I want to get either, judging by what I've seen. The 3D meshes lack the personality and uniqueness of the sprites, the graphics look like they would barely even be passable as a DS game, let alone a 3DS game, and the new Pokemon look horrific. And, judging by the (lack of) difficulty and (lack of) postgame in the previous games, I doubt that I would find these games worthwhile.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I think they're starting to recycle the main protagonist's look... The female protagonist almost always has a completely new look but they seem bored with the males.

Like Sydian mentioned it's probably going to be a pain to adjust to the 3D models as well but I thought navigating Castelia in BW would be difficult, but it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Elgyem, that seems really brash of you to down a whole generation based on five Pokemon and a very small handful of gameplay footage you've seen. I would hold the judgment before you have more content to base it on. Besides, people would get bored of the colors eventually.

From what we've seen, there really isn't a whole lot to be disappointed with...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
There was one thing I was actually disappointed about, which was the fact that the games are still restricted to a grid-like movement of up, down, left and right.
I would've liked to see a free-roaming movement that allowed you to go anywhere and not be restricted to a grid movement anymore, it would've been alot easier on the circle pad and pretty much how the circle pad is meant to be used, otherwise you don't get that feeling of free-roaming.

That is... from what I've seen in the trailer.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
1. I won't be able to see my Pokemon following me.
2. Me having to buy a Nintendo 3DS (I'm not complaining about the game going to 3DS, it was bound to happen, just that I gotta waste more money now :P)
3. The protagonist looks kinda plain to me, comparing to the other ones.

And that's pretty much it. Not that much of a deal to make such a fuss about. I'm really looking forward to this game. I find it much better than Gen V imo.

MegamanDX

Pokemon/Megaman fan
Years
I got one thing...

I like Pokemon X and Pokemon Y alot...Its so amazing that I thought my head was going to shoot off like a rocket...Then I saw the battle system....

Yuck! Its the same battle system recycled! Why cant GameFreak understand that Pokemon are not statues but living creatures that like to move around...even in battle!!! Dang!!!! Can you guys at GameFreak atleast make it turn based real time for once or even little bit Action based....pretty please!!! Pokemon move around in the shows,so why not in the games?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
My only disappointment is that we can't have epic sprites like these:
tumblr_mgdxlmp7ag1rmyp7oo1_400.gif

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I got one thing...

I like Pokemon X and Pokemon Y alot...Its so amazing that I thought my head was going to shoot off like a rocket...Then I saw the battle system....

Yuck! Its the same battle system recycled! Why cant GameFreak understand that Pokemon are not statues but living creatures that like to move around...even in battle!!! Dang!!!! Can you guys at GameFreak atleast make it turn based real time for once or even little bit Action based....pretty please!!! Pokemon move around in the shows,so why not in the games?

Because, pokemon games are all about stradegy/turn based battle system and its been going strong for 6 generations. I beleive if they were to do something like that, they would implement some sort of spinoff dedicated to that sort of battle style.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Because, pokemon games are all about stradegy/turn based battle system and its been going strong for 6 generations. I beleive if they were to do something like that, they would implement some sort of spinoff dedicated to that sort of battle style.

And this is where a console Pokemon would come in. I'm sure I;m not the only person to come up with this idea, but you know how Sony has been releasing two games for both Ps3 and the Vita for the same title?

And how when Nintendo releases the new Smash brothers they will also be releasing a sister title for the 3DS?

Why not Gamefreak do this for pokemon? For the handhelds we will still have the classic turn based gameplay, and for the Wii U we have a core game that features real time battles? (and of course better graphics)

They can have the best of both worlds and there are plenty of fans that would like to see pokemon on the home consoles. Win/win.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
And this is where a console Pokemon would come in. I'm sure I;m not the only person to come up with this idea, but you know how Sony has been releasing two games for both Ps3 and the Vita for the same title?

And how when Nintendo releases the new Smash brothers they will also be releasing a sister title for the 3DS?

Why not Gamefreak do this for pokemon? For the handhelds we will still have the classic turn based gameplay, and for the Wii U we have a core game that features real time battles? (and of course better graphics)

They can have the best of both worlds and there are plenty of fans that would like to see pokemon on the home consoles. Win/win.

Thinking about this, i remember pokepark 2 but i guess it doesnt really count seing as you can only play as tepig, snivy, pikachu, or oshawott.

Another thing, i'm kinda dissapointed the walking with your pokemon feature wasnt displayed in the trailer :(. Could this mean the feature is never to return?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Thinking about this, i remember pokepark 2 but i guess it doesnt really count seing as you can only play as tepig, snivy, pikachu, or oshawott.

Another thing, i'm kinda dissapointed the walking with your pokemon feature wasnt displayed in the trailer :(. Could this mean the feature is never to return?

I dunno about the walking pokemon, it doesn't look like it will be making a return. It's a shame too, because that was one of my favorite features of heart gold/soul silver. I know some people don't like it, so they can just make it a toggle in the options menu.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'd be disappointed if the male protagonist stayed with the same design. But something tells me it is a placeholder model/npc model used until the protagonists are unveiled for certain.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I think Xemas look stupid and Feeniken is really boring. The male playable character looks like a girl as well.

Apart from that, I like what I'm seeing so far.

Dr. Slavic

Last of the Wailords
Years
The lack of sprites! I love the sprites, and I know I'll get used to it, but I feel the handheld games don't render 3D models as well as consoles, and it seemed to me like if they released a new console game but used sprites for it.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I was really disappointed that they left Gen. V without an R/S remake.

The only disappointments I have so far is the male player character who looks very unoriginal. Hopefully the female player character would look good, and not like the player characters from the past generation.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Truly dissapointing would be if Game Freak didn't have people looking out and analyzing all the ideas forums such as these generate. : P

Also. Forget all that about the male trainer appearance. What is needed is a trainer customization option, extensive and varied, unlock more options in-game. Great for online avatars.

Think Skyrim.. You give your character facial features and hair in the beginning, later on you customize apparel.

The trainer was looking at the mirror in the demo, this makes me hopeful. :D

Years
Not really any disappointments so far. I don't mind the male protagonist as much as others do.
Well, I say no disappointments, but I despise Fennekin with my entire being, does that count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back