• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
any fixes for the battles yet, or are you still workin on them?
BTW I love the background music! Harvest Moon! :D

Yup, it's Harvest Moon! ^^

Unfortunately, I'm still working on it. I'll say as soon as I manage to fix it. :/

For now, I can only show some things I've been working on:

This is the Sitia Museum of Science; aside from the usual fossil revival, you'll also be able to get some maps to explore the desert, and get to know several secrets and tips to solve the puzzles within that arid region.

sitia_museum_of_science_by_donlawride-d41itm9.png

And a second map:
pbc_headquarters_by_donlawride-d41q6fo.png

This time, I'd like to add the author comments:
Hello, and, again, welcome to the PBC!

PBC stands for Pokémon Battling Committee; in short, this is the company that organizes tournaments in the Pokémon World, and as such, organized the tournament in Orthan (in association with Time Co., led by Mr. Eldes).

You should know the tournament by now, but I'll say it anyways; the championship is comprised of two challenges; participating trainers can choose to defeat all eight Gym Leaders, or all five Colosseums, or a combination of both (for instance, five badges and two colosseums), culminating in the Elite Four battle.

In case you're wondering, you do hear what I said in the beginning, just to make sure you'll get the reference when you enter this building. :3

Here is version 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h4672wub7qe5p7f

And version 2, slightly modified by yours truly. |3
http://www.mediafire.com/?gm7hsc922bbbmvk

Lastly, I'm putting this up here in the same way I put it up on dA and other places, as a way of allowing people to participate as well.

In Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, there was a Pre-Gym in Phenac City for trainers to attend a kind of Gym prototype.

Pokémon Nightmare being a kind of sequel to it, we'll have a different kind of thing.

The name is still Pre-Gym, but this time, they belong to Gym Leaders who couldn't enter the Mega League, and as such, were left behind. Their Gyms still exist, however.

That's where you come in. I'm accepting Pre-Gym Leader applications.

Once again, you'll need to fill out a simple application form:

Trainer Name:
Gym Type:
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes:
One Sentence for defeat:
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated:
Pokémon in the Team and their Level:

You can also make profiles for the trainers in the gym.

There's only one Pre-Gym right now, which is in Costa City. It's a Dragon Type Gym, so you know you're bound to have freedom in types!

--------------

Well, that's all!

Years
For some reason i think the first map reminds of the hoenn contest trophy/statue hall
but i like it :3
and idk of we are gonna meet prof oak, but in the 2nd map i see him. spoiler maybe? :D

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Seeing as no-one has entered yet let me be the first.

Trainer Name: Shadow
Gym Type: Dark
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Your weak Pokemon are nothing compared to my Dark types.
One Sentence for defeat: Hmph...
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: I need to be stronger....
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Umbreon LV 38 Mightyena LV 40 Absol LV 41 Houndoom LV 41 Shiftry LV45, That any good?

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
For some reason i think the first map reminds of the hoenn contest trophy/statue hall
but i like it :3
and idk of we are gonna meet prof oak, but in the 2nd map i see him. spoiler maybe? :D

Ahah, it's probably the 'formal' aspect xD
And yup, it's Oak; most characters appear in the game, even if it's just as cameos. Very spoiler-ish. :3

Seeing as no-one has entered yet let me be the first.

Trainer Name: Shadow
Gym Type: Dark
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Your weak Pokemon are nothing compared to my Dark types.
One Sentence for defeat: Hmph...
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: I need to be stronger....
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Any strong dark type (Because I'm not sure what Pokemon you are featuring in this game.

Alright, thanks! We're using all 4 gens plus several Fakemon, if you want to edit your team xD

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Ahah, it's probably the 'formal' aspect xD
And yup, it's Oak; most characters appear in the game, even if it's just as cameos. Very spoiler-ish. :3

Alright, thanks! We're using all 4 gens plus several Fakemon, if you want to edit your team xD

Ok Edited, I was thinking about that dark type on the first post but decided not to be too greedy lol.

Years
I'll enter too.

Trainer Name: Ichigo
Gym Type: Ghost
Sentence(s) for meeting eyes: The spirits are telling me that I am guaranteed a victory.
Sentence(s) for defeat: What this? How could the spirits have been wrong?
Sentence(s) after defeat: Hmm, it seems I need to train more and get reconnected with the spirits. Anyway, that battle was intense! Congratulations on your victory, you and your pokemon deserved it.
Pokemon Team: Gengar lv 45, Drifblim lv 47, Dusknoir lv 48, Mismagius lv 49, Chandelure lv 50, Golurk lv 50

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
Ok Edited, I was thinking about that dark type on the first post but decided not to be too greedy lol.

Ahah, no problem at all if you want to use it in the team xD

I'll enter too.

Trainer Name: Ichigo
Gym Type: Ghost
Sentence(s) for meeting eyes: The spirits are telling me that I am guaranteed a victory.
Sentence(s) for defeat: What this? How could the spirits have been wrong?
Sentence(s) after defeat: Hmm, it seems I need to train more and get reconnected with the spirits. Anyway, that battle was intense! Congratulations on your victory, you and your pokemon deserved it.
Pokemon Team: Gengar lv 45, Drifblim lv 47, Dusknoir lv 48, Mismagius lv 49, Chandelure lv 50, Golurk lv 50

Alright then, I'll add this to my list as well.

I've also released on dA the maps of the two current 'test chambers' created to test the mechanics; the first one was seen in the footage, but the second one is new and works with the concept of portals already (as did Red and blue many years ago).

Test Chamber 01
test_chamber_01_by_donlawride-d45nmaa.png

Test Chamber 02
test_chamber_02_by_donlawride-d43nyeo.png

Some of the tiles are mine, the others are by Aamelo on deviantArt. Hope you like them! :D

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
Totally didn't expect to see some Portal related content. I am so supporting this now.

natty

Pokemonz No0b
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2012
Trainer Name: Arion
Gym Type: Water
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Welcome trainer, are you ready to be defeated by the Pokemon of the deep?
One Sentence for defeat: How could you beat me?!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: You are a strong trainer. I hope we battle again after I have trained some more.
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Lumineon Lvl 25 Octillery lvl 26, Wartortle Lvl 28

Also, have you had any luck trying to fix the battle glitching problem with the demo?

Also this seems really good and the fakemon look great. Keep up the good work :)

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
Trainer Name: Arion
Gym Type: Water
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Welcome trainer, are you ready to be defeated by the Pokemon of the deep?
One Sentence for defeat: How could you beat me?!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: You are a strong trainer. I hope we battle again after I have trained some more.
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Lumineon Lvl 25 Octillery lvl 26, Wartortle Lvl 28

Also, have you had any luck trying to fix the battle glitching problem with the demo?

Also this seems really good and the fakemon look great. Keep up the good work :)

Alright, thanks! I've added these to the list.

And yup, it's fixed; there's already a new version in beta testing stages, I'm just waiting for them to finish before releasing it.

Thanks! ^^

Totally didn't expect to see some Portal related content. I am so supporting this now.
Those tiles look so boss! Pretty amazing game IMO.

I suppose nobody did xD

naruck23

Plague
Years
Trainer Name: Stelio
Gym Type: Steel
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Hello Trainer, seen from your badges, you have a heart made of steel, this will be interesting!
One Sentence for defeat: Ah! After all you can break my steel heart!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: He... One day we shall meet again, but don't expect my heart to be very sensitive that day!
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Aron Lvl 24 Aron Lvl 24 Lairon Lvl 29 Sheldon lvl 27

natty

Pokemonz No0b
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2012
Cool. Can't wait. It looks good even though it dosnt work yet. I want to play it some more :)

Also, I suggest a hawiian surfer looking sprite for Arion

And is there a list of all the fakemon or the Pokedex?

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
Trainer Name: Stelio
Gym Type: Steel
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Hello Trainer, seen from your badges, you have a heart made of steel, this will be interesting!
One Sentence for defeat: Ah! After all you can break my steel heart!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: He... One day we shall meet again, but don't expect my heart to be very sensitive that day!
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Aron Lvl 24 Aron Lvl 24 Lairon Lvl 29 Sheldon lvl 27

Thanks, I've also added you to the list :D

Cool. Can't wait. It looks good even though it dosnt work yet. I want to play it some more :)

Also, I suggest a hawiian surfer looking sprite for Arion

And is there a list of all the fakemon or the Pokedex?

Well, currently, all 4 generations will be available. We'll be dividing them between the extra and the main region, so yeah xD

About the Fakemon, you can find them here: Fakedex

On the sprite, we'll see what we can find xD

natty

Pokemonz No0b
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2012
Oh thanks :)

Like I said, I'm looking forward to see this done.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Oh, HEck yeah. Good to see this here, Don.
I hope my idea of the underwaterscooter will be a hit :)
You know I think the game looks great, so I don't really need to say it again here ^_^

naruck23

Plague
Years
If you are adding rematches I wanted you to apoint his rematch team. I have seen that Cobalion is appointed with heart of steel making a very good point on this gym's leader likes.So I wanted this team.

Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Bastiodon LVL 76 Aggron Lvl 74 Cobalion Lvl 80 Brozong Lvl 74 Steelix Lvl 74 Scizor Lvl 76

D. Lawride

Years
If you are adding rematches I wanted you to apoint his rematch team. I have seen that Cobalion is appointed with heart of steel making a very good point on this gym's leader likes.So I wanted this team.

Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Bastiodon LVL 76 Aggron Lvl 74 Cobalion Lvl 80 Brozong Lvl 74 Steelix Lvl 74 Scizor Lvl 76

I'll still have to get back to you on that xD

I keep getting an 'interpreter' runtime error, what should I do?

Well, if you can wait a couple of days, maybe less, I will releasing a new demo, hopefully with these errors corrected. No errors have been spotted so far, so it's a good sign.

Jalern

Yog-Sothoth
Years
When i go to victala gates or whatever there called, a guy says he has revolutionary science and then nothing happens, player is frozen. Is this a glitch or part of demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back