• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any plans for your team?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I'd have to use most of the new Pokemon introduced to get used to them, I'll probably use those cool-looking or tough-looking ones. My plan is usually to use types that can counter the Elite 4 via type weaknesses before the game ends. I'll go through some info site & jot down some notes.

Along the way, I'll collect some older Gen 'Mon that fancies me tho, maybe I'll use them once in a while :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
My first playthrough is always with new pokemon, and I always pick the ones i find most appealing, be it aesthetically or type wise. All I know is that I always aim for a balanced team with various types. My mainstays are usually Fire, Water, Dragon, Electric, and Psychic, with maybe a Ground or Grass type thrown in, depending on what moves the others can use.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
First play-through will definitely be with only Gen VI Pokemon, unless they add my favorite old ones early in the game. But I'll try to keep it Gen VI in the first play-through. Who knows what it will be like. Johto games for example have new Pokemon, but they are still few, unlike Hoenn games which had new Pokemon, but there were mostly Hoenn Pokemon in the beginning.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
It all depends on what's available for me. If there are a bunch of Gen 6 pokemon but then a few previous gen pokemon, it'll depend on which those are. If it's something like Gen 6's Patrat that's just an annoyance versus say a Pinsir, you can bet I'm going with the Pinsir. Variety is nice, but I can say I'll only use the pokemon if it's got a better design over other stuff around.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
On my first playthrough I am planning to use Gen VI pokemon only with Fennekin. I have already planned for my team for the second playthrough though, assuming transfering pokemon to X & Y is possible.

Charizard
Meganium
Blaziken
Empoleon
Samurott
Chespin's final evolution.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Well, for me, what usually happens is that in the first set of games for a new generation, I have only pokémon of the new generation. However, when the sequels to those games come out, I dip into other generation for my team. For example, in both my Diamond and Black games, I have strictly Generation IV and Generation V pokémon on my teams, respectively. But in my Platinum and Black 2 games, I have pokémon from other generations as well on my teams, like I have a Houndoom and Poliwrath on my Platinum team and a Claydol, Magneton, and Growlithe on my Black 2 team. I think its because, by the sequels, the shine has come off the pokémon of the new generation.

Anyway, I'll have to actually see the pokémon of the new generation before I make any decisions about it. I do have an idea of the types I want, though. I'm listing more than six because I'm assuming that I'll be having mostly double-types on my team. This is also assuming that I like Fennekin's evolutions (and that they are neither Fire/Fighting or Fire/Psychic):

-Fennekin (Fire/???)
-Grass
-Water
-Dragon
-Flying (unless I find a non-flying type that can learn Fly. Perhaps the Dragon type I plan on picking up?)
-Fighting
-Ghost
-Ice or Electric
-Dark
-Supposed new type that's being introduced this generation (just a rumor that I heard, btw)
-Maybe one the new Eeveelutions if I like them or their typing (it'd be the first time I had an Eeveelution on my team)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Well thinking about it some more, in the last gen (Pokemon White & White 2) I used:

White: Samurott (Water), Darmanitan (Fire), Cofagrigus (Ghost), Scolipede (Bug/Poison), Reuniclus (Psychic), Conkeldurr (Fighting)

White 2: Emboar (Fire/Fighting), Weezing (Poison), Flygon (Ground/Dragon), Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying), Magnezone (Electric/Steel), Octillery (Water)

So for the 6th gen if possible I'll use some types I haven't used in my main teams recently. (So that's Ice, Grass, Normal, Rock and Dark) I like keeping things varied rather than relying on the same pokemon over and over.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
My team will only have new Pokemon, but if an older gen Pokemon that I really enjoy happens to be available, then I might have them on my team.

I also want a balanced team, so I'll probably have a bunch of dual-types. I think I might go with Froakie as my starter.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I want to use new Pokemon mostly. But, if Golurk is in the game, I want to use one as my flying Pokemon. My starter will be Fennekin in my first game.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My plan is start with Chespin, and use 3 other 6th generation Pokemon. As for the 2 others, I'll try and find Patrat, and if there is possibilty of no new cats introduced, then I'll try another 6th generation Pokemon, if its possible to trade from Gen 5, then I may bring in Purrloin.

4 from Gen 6, and 2 from Unova.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I don't know what's going to be in this region, so it'll be tough for me to say what team that I'll be using right now. Maybe as time goes by, & we find out more on what Pokémon will be available in the region, that I'll build a team up by then.

Back