• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Medal Rally

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
In 23 minutes? All of them? I find that really hard to believe without any elaboration as to how.

I feel like the medals were a good way to give people who don't know what to do after story mode stuff to do. But I already have enough to do after story mode, so I couldn't care less about beating the Elite 4 with monotype-teams, etc.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
After I defeated the Elite Four I had about 50 medals. The medals were a cool feature, but I really didn't try too hard to collect them.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I didn't like the idea of the medal rally, but fortunately it's the only thing I don't like about the B2W2 series. Although I am over the 50 medal mark, you still don't get any prizes for reaching that milestone. The worst part is that you can't get all medals without using Wireless and IR features.

Another things that personally annoys me is that when the Medal Man appears at the Pokemon Center it gets in the way of the PC. I know it's a little thing but that sometimes annoys me as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I love the medals, it's just that I always forget about them. ;n;

I certainly have my favorites, though. Wailord Watcher is still probably my favorite. <3 It's so hard to find that stinkin' Wailord and it's so adorable, so whenever I see it I always run to make sure I get the medal.

I'm actually about to start trying to collect all of the Challenge Medals, which will take a while, but the medal Rally is definitely something to keep up with after you've defeated the Elite Four!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the medals, even though I hardly try to get any of them. I'm considering doing the monotype Elite 4 challenges to get the respective medals.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Is there a prize for collecting them all
Not at all. All you get is the Legend rank for medal collecting.

The medal system was a good idea, giving players some reward to do what they usually do in B2/W2, either just playing the game or whatever their post-game plans are.

For me, the medal system has its good parts and bad parts. I do like seeing the medal man in the Pokemon Center whenever I go in there, and I talk to him to see what new reward I can get. Since I'm not actively trying to get any medals, it's always a surprise to me what I get. The bad part about it is that I know I'm not going to get all the medals, since there's only two other people that I know of that play B2/W2, and that's not enough to get any medals. Once I realized it wasn't even conceivable for me to get all the medals, I gave up on my quest to get the ones involving the Dream World.

There's not really a medal that I really like. Scanning the list, I will say that "Good Night" is an adorable medal. The fact that it's a nice shade of pink and is from doing something rather cute makes me smile.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I liked getting the medals. It was a fun side project. I was really disappointed with the "ceremony" for when you got 50 medals. The comic describes how I felt perfectly. I have kind of stopped going after the medals because there are just too many.

Years
I don't really care about the medals in general, though one time I spoke to the guy who gives the medal out of curiosity, I was in for a 10-minute B button mashing session.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Is there a prize for collecting them all

Not directly. But if you have a lot of medals, you've most likely have met the requirements to upgrade your trainer card. It's basically a prestige thing. The higher your rank, the more stars you have next to your trainer profile online, and some NPCs have different dialogue (most notably Nurse Joy because she almost instantly heals your Pokemon). Medals and Hint Medals just basically guide you to that. But if you don't care about prestige, theres no reward I guess.

Personally, I don't have any friends to do Funfest missions with, so I can't get all of the medals (at 203 currently) which is kinda lame. :/ That means I also can't get the Black trainer card.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Friendly Reminder: Ah for people that are aiming to collect all medals and haven't link to DW,
better do it as early as you can.

Me? I never collect them intentionally!
Whenever I see that Medal man in Pokemon Center,
I talk to him and listen to what he's gonna say.

Back