• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Engine] Pokémon for Ace

How should Pokemon storage be handled?

• With Yanfly's script.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • With a separate, but unified box.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With individual boxes that is a list of names.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • With individual boxes that shows the overworld graphics of the Pokemon.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Another way. (Please tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Update:
  • Bugfix: Horizontal command windows now scroll if there is only one option shown at a time.
  • Working on connected maps having sepparate tilesets from each other

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2017
oooh i cant wait. is there a way for the time being to get the tilesets? while i wait i can use them in a game i have been needing them for. and keep up the awesome work im happy to see this is still going.

Crystal Noel

Years
oooh i cant wait. is there a way for the time being to get the tilesets? while i wait i can use them in a game i have been needing them for. and keep up the awesome work im happy to see this is still going.
There are not a lot of buildings with what I have. I need to add them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
  • Box System is now complete
  • Added an achivement system
  • Basic Pokedex eval (I have plans to make one for all 649 Pokemon)
Be aware that because of the how windows work the PC is one scene that is streamlined from the Box Selection. From there you can deposit, withdraw, move, view stats, rename the box, and change the name of the box all from one command window.

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
The Pokedex system is now complete. The Pokedex is set up to resemble bestiaries from other RPG Games and to be all in one scene. When you select a Pokemon the information window merely open around the Pokemon sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
Cool, just stumbled into this while deciding to make an Pokemon RPG myself, was looking for a starter kit. Found one for XP, but well, i wouldnt be here if that one worked for me... What you have going on here looks amazing to say the least man, awesome work. Is there any ETA on a download for this, even a beta test?

Crystal Noel

Years
Sorry that its been a month since my last post.
Updates:
  • The trainer card has been created
  • The skills are being created
  • A full list of notetags for the actors is present on my blog

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
It's great to see you putting so much effort into this. I'm definitely using this when it's released.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
Well, you could add some kind of "fog of war" with walls blocking the view (it would be very nice for puzzles and mazes) even though it is not implemented in the original pokemon games, not exactly the Flash move outside of battles. We could also apply this effect to torches or something not the player.

It's the only thing I can probably miss in the kit I think. I am looking at your blog's list of features and I think it is just perfect for a pokemon game. My suggestion is like an add-on that would be cool.

Keep up the good work ;)
Looking forward to see your project in action!

Crystal Noel

Years
Well, you could add some kind of "fog of war" with walls blocking the view (it would be very nice for puzzles and mazes) even though it is not implemented in the original pokemon games, not exactly the Flash move outside of battles. We could also apply this effect to torches or something not the player.

It's the only thing I can probably miss in the kit I think. I am looking at your blog's list of features and I think it is just perfect for a pokemon game. My suggestion is like an add-on that would be cool.

Keep up the good work ;)
Looking forward to see your project in action!
I am using Victor's Fog and Lighting Effects scripts for the kit.

For the Demo?
If yes, than the features listed in your blog are enough for a Demo. :)
I have a few more things that I need to do. (Status screen and some items) I will skip the Pokegear for the demo. The option will lead strait to the debug screen.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
If someone could make a tutorial of how to get all of this into the RPG maker VX ace it would be lovaly! :)

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
I noticed a few bugs with the demo with the first being (Probably my computer) is the intro plays audio, but not video. The next is when I choose new game the event called for Professor Intro, but the song's name is Professor's Intro. This was an easy fix I just opened the project and changed the name. The last so far is when you go to the cave it says you get potions in the ext box but it gives you repels in the item log.

Still very nice demo. And How can I take the MP and TP out?

Crystal Noel

Years
I noticed a few bugs with the demo with the first being (Probably my computer) is the intro plays audio, but not video. The next is when I choose new game the event called for Professor Intro, but the song's name is Professor's Intro. This was an easy fix I just opened the project and changed the name. The last so far is when you go to the cave it says you get potions in the ext box but it gives you repels in the item log.

Still very nice demo. And How can I take the MP and TP out?

The error with the cave was because I changed the items list after I made those events but, did not change that. the error with the music was when i tried to reduce the file size the file got accidentally deleted.

To remove MP set REMOVE_MP_DISPLAY in Crystal Engine - Basic Module to true.

To remove TP uncheck "Display TP in Battle" in the System tab in the database.

Future updates will include battle HUDS that lack them.

Crystal Noel

Years
One thing that I would like to know is what changes/additions you would like to see in Version 1. I can't guarantee everything requested, but all requests will be taken into some consideration.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
I have one thats nagging me and my friends and its that when we go to save we will press it twice cause the normal save style of games and we reset our game to much. So if you could but a message saying Are you sure want to restart or save. It would be so nice cause I know so many others will the same as us.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Well I WOULD give this a rave review, but:

1) My entire computer freezes when I try to play the demo unless I disable the opening video.

2) Once I finally get into the game, my controls are screwed. Pressing any direction moves me a random number of steps in that direction, if it does anything at all. Menu inputs are also heavily delayed. I somewhat assume this has to with needing a high-end computer to run this. Or at least higher-end then mine (mine's pretty crappy).

3) Everything's too small in battle. Couldn't you blow up the sprites by x2? If the animated sprite filesizes become too large by doing that you could use D/P/Pl or HG/SS sprites instead. Animooted =/= better (to me at least).

4) Some unnecessary scripts like the TP gain one. FFX mechanics don't belong in Pokemon. Minimap and combat log are also unnecessary.

5) A picture of the pokemon's sprite would look more accurate in the status menu.

6) Typos (snaged, summery) and some move descriptions being too long for the text box (Quick Attack).

I figure some of these have been addressed in the month and a half since this thread's been posted in, but in case they haven't, well there you go. My two cents.

Back