• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Welcome back Red. Sometimes you just need to take a break from something you enjoy, so that when you come back to it you can enjoy it again. If that makes sense.

@droomph I'd also recommend Pokemon Trainer Academy as a good place to start. It's very freeform, so it's pretty difficult to do anything 'wrong' per say, and it gives you a chance to interact with quite a wide range of RP'ers here on the forum. Making friends and collaborating with people you work well with is the best start I can imagine.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
:\ Red seems to be getting a lot of welcomes around here. Someday I want to be a hero like Red. Oh, & since Iron Man is my favorite... *flies around in the suit* Hope I can stay on for a long time!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
*Hugs Red tightly* Red! You're back! Awesome! Missed you my friend!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
*Hugs Red tightly* Red! You're back! Awesome! Missed you my friend!
:3

Does anyone have advice on how I could make my RP more appealing?
Css, carefully selected fonts and very carefully used colors can make the first post of an RP look better. If it's the content and the RP itself that you mean though, structuring the first post well and making sure everything that needs to be there is there and that tons of unnecessary stuff is not there is a good idea.

Note that I don't know which RP you mean now, I'm giving general advice :3

NV

Dracon Leader
Years

:3

Css, carefully selected fonts and very carefully used colors can make the first post of an RP look better. If it's the content and the RP itself that you mean though, structuring the first post well and making sure everything that needs to be there is there and that tons of unnecessary stuff is not there is a good idea.

Note that I don't know which RP you mean now, I'm giving general advice :3
There's a link to it in my signature.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Figured I may as well post the main idea of my upcoming dragon RP now, just to see who's actually interested...

Spoiler:

That's not even half the details of the RP. I still have to write up all the descriptions for the dragons, as well as a description of the land of Fargona itself. It will probably be my most thought out RP... And I'd hate to disappoint the person who's been helping me come up with quite a few of the ideas~

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Holy Shieldon, Zubat! Red, your avatar seems awfully... Blue.

AAAAAANYWAYS...

Erm... Yeah.

Anyways, you may call me Akio, considering most of you might not be able to read Japanese.

SINCE I'M ON THAT SUBJECT:

Is this username an issue for anyone? I considered making a profile with a name in English, so it would be easier for everyone else, either trying to call me by name, or locate me on the site.

If there's no problems, I can just keep this one. Anyone have some input on this issue? I had been thinking about it recently and figured I might as well ask, so that I can fix any problems.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
There's a link to it in my signature.
I checked it out now and I still give the same advice :]

Holy Shieldon, Zubat! Red, your avatar seems awfully... Blue....

AAAAAANYWAYS...

username derp
Sure, it might be difficult for people who don't know who you are, but you do as you like. You're not the only one with a username with strange symbols.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Is this username an issue for anyone? I considered making a profile with a name in English, so it would be easier for everyone else, either trying to call me by name, or locate me on the site.

If there's no problems, I can just keep this one. Anyone have some input on this issue? I had been thinking about it recently and figured I might as well ask, so that I can fix any problems.
It's not really an issue, but it does make referring to you a little difficult (for me, at least). Should we/I just call you Akio?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Akio-kun: I'm cool with the name! So long as I can understand it, it's cool the way it looks. Akio is actually a name in Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, the main character's name.

droomph

weeb
Years
Japanese? Well I'd be a lot more annoyed if you had written that in Korean :P Some people can't read Japanese though, so calling you Akio (or Tokushi) would have been a lot less annoying. Besides, my computer can only render the Tokushi part correctly, because it's running on exclusively Chinese and English rn. :c But anyways. It's fine I guess, though I won't be able to locate you if I'm on anything but my Mac/iPod.

Ah, Pokemon Trainer Academy. I'll look into it whenever I decide to function as a human being again c: thanks, guys!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Japanese? Well I'd be a lot more annoyed if you had written that in Korean :P Some people can't read Japanese though, so calling you Akio (or Tokushi) would have been a lot less annoying. Besides, my computer can only render the Tokushi part correctly, because it's running on exclusively Chinese and English rn. :c But anyways. It's fine I guess, though I won't be able to locate you if I'm on anything but my Mac/iPod.
What would annoy you about Korean?

@Akio-kun: I'm cool with the name! So long as I can understand it, it's cool the way it looks. Akio is actually a name in Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, the main character's name.
I've never heard of that...

It's not really an issue, but it does make referring to you a little difficult (for me, at least). Should we/I just call you Akio?
Akio is fine (name suffixes are optional).

Sure, it might be difficult for people who don't know who you are, but you do as you like. You're not the only one with a username with strange symbols.

I suppose so. I did add to the "Nickname" section under my settings, so if you hover over the Japanese text it will actually show the Romaji.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Akio-san, if anyone had trouble with your name, they could just ask how to say it!

I thinks its fine how it is, and it seems most people know you anyway. Its also a really easy way to pick you out in a forum. Even though I can't read it, I know the shapes mean you. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Duuudes, feels weird to post in the same thread you are!
It's like you're all heroes, and I'm nothing but a pesky news reporter :P
I just has a bit of a question, my thanks in advance for whoever's kind enough to give an answer.

Here it is:

*Drums*
If you already have a Role-Play (or, better said, if you're the Game Master), and you didn't sing-up for your RP... can you still do so if it hasn't started?

I'm asking this because I kinda only wanted to be the GM at first... but I think it wouldn't be as fun if I can't enjoy the RP to its fullest.

And if you were asking, the RP is called Time & Space, it has been accepted quite recently, so naturally it has no sign-ups... yet. Hopefully it'll have some.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

I still refer to you as Zerin so... Go figure. Plus everyone knows Ichiro as Ichiro so it's not that confusing to remember.
I just has a bit of a question, my thanks in advance for whoever's kind enough to give an answer.

Here it is:

*Drums*
If you already have a Role-Play (or, better said, if you're the Game Master), and you didn't sing-up for your RP... can you still do so if it hasn't started?

I'm asking this because I kinda only wanted to be the GM at first... but I think it wouldn't be as fun if I can't enjoy the RP to its fullest.

And if you were asking, the RP is called Time & Space, it has been accepted quite recently, so naturally it has no sign-ups... yet. Hopefully it'll have some.
You are GM so you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want (within reason :P)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I'd assume yes, because I think I saw a few other GMs as characters in their own rps.

BUUUT, I am not an authority here, so someone in charge will have to tell you for sure.

And I'm not a hero, just the plucky comic relief. You know, the guy thats always around when the hero is, and nobody notices his actions because the hero overshadows him, only to get a respectful "greetings, citizen!" before the hero flies off, becoming the center of attention. Of course, in that precise moment, I would freeze up and have nothing to say, and people would ignore me once again...

Okay, that is the 3rd time I've been ninja'd today. Man, I'm in slow motion or something.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Here it is:

*Drums*

It is my understanding that you can sign-up for your RP at anytime you wish. You can also do your SU even after your RP starts. Basically, you can do your SU whenever you want, or like control NPCs only if that's what you want to do, or both. Not much, but I hope I helped!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Akio-san, if anyone had trouble with your name, they could just ask how to say it!

~

I thinks its fine how it is, and it seems most people know you anyway. Its also a really easy way to pick you out in a forum. Even though I can't read it, I know the shapes mean you. If that makes sense.

~

And I'm not a hero, just the plucky comic relief. You know, the guy thats always around when the hero is, and nobody notices his actions because the hero overshadows him, only to get a respectful "greetings, citizen!" before the hero flies off, becoming the center of attention. Of course, in that precise moment, I would freeze up and have nothing to say, and people would ignore me once again...
True, they could just ask. Or, you know, look at my signature (wow, buttons!). And that was beautifully said, the whole "I know the shapes mean you" thing. I liked it. And the only ones I think are officially heroes here are the mods, Skymin and Red's. If I had to vote, I'd probably say Yellow is a heroic RPer as well.

I still refer to you as Zerin so... Go figure. Plus everyone knows Ichiro as Ichiro so it's not that confusing to remember.
True. To be honest, I have multiple names, all for various purposes. Here's a list:
Spoiler:

~

If you already have a Role-Play (or, better said, if you're the Game Master), and you didn't sign-up for your RP... can you still do so if it hasn't started?
I'm definitely not a hero in these parts. I feel like I'm improving greatly (That's my goal, at least), though I don't think I'm one of those RPers that people seem to try to pull into their RPs strictly because of idolism. I doubt people idolize me, but I don't really let it get to me. I'm here to have fun and write out my creativity.

As for your question, well... You can do whatever you want, you're the GM. You can simply just start with a character, without even making a sign-up! I tend to do this because when I make the RP, I usually come up with a mysterious and interesting character, who I usually make very secretive and reveal bits and pieces along the RP. Since there isn't a Sign-up, no one can find those secrets. I like making little surprises here and there with my characters. Keep it exciting.

It is my understanding that you can sign-up for your RP at anytime you wish. You can also do your SU even after your RP starts. Basically, you can do your SU whenever you want, or like control NPCs only if that's what you want to do, or both. Not much, but I hope I helped!
Yes, all of these apply too. You've pretty much got free reign as the GM.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yay, lots of new people here! Welcome to everyone who is new and all that jazz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back