• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It definitely looks to be AT LEAST part Grass, but I was pretty convinced of that from the start. Yveltal I still have no idea what type it could be, although I'm still banking on Flying/???. The box art in general looks fantastic though, it looks like it was really well done! I was almost going to base my game decision on that but they both look fantastic.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
So with it being practically confirmed that Sylveon is a new type, I'm thinking that maybe Xerneas will be that type combined with Grass whereas Yveltal will be Flying/Dark. The new type could be effective against Dark and cancel out any weaknesses when pitting the two against each other. I think that would make sense, then the two act as equally powerful representations of their respective elements without one overruling the other.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
So with it being practically confirmed that Sylveon is a new type, I'm thinking that maybe Xerneas will be that type combined with Grass whereas Yveltal will be Flying/Dark. The new type could be effective against Dark and cancel out any weaknesses when pitting the two against each other. I think that would make sense, then the two act as equally powerful representations of their respective elements without one overruling the other.

For the millionth time, type match-up between the mascots DOES NOT MATTER.

It can be 200% one-sided and gamefreak will use the conceptually fitting types anyway!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Grass/Rock (because of the bones?) Grass/Electric (because of the neurons?) - For Xerneas

Flying/Poison (because of liquid blood) - For Yvetal...

And they balance out. Unless Yvetal is Flying/Fighting (because of muscle)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Grass and Flying for sure, but as for whether they have a second type, idk. Would it be that crazy if they actually DIDN'T?

blue

gucci
Years
It would be a first for both mascots to be a single type, but yeah agreeing with the above for Xerneas being atleast Grass and Yveltal being Flying.

Years
What about Groudon and Kyogre? they were single type mascots.

Right now I'm guessing Grass/Something and Flying/Dark although I really am hoping that there are no knew types... it does appear as though there will be so Xerneas is probably of the probable new type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe or maybe not, we didn't have a steel mascot until 4 and we still don't have a dark mascot so they could save the mascot for the new type until later, they don't necessary have to make a mascot that type due to it being introduced in the same generation is what I'm trying to say.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Xerneas - Light/Ground
Yveltal - Dark/Flying
Z-Kraken - Rock/Water

Also anyone find it weird that people in this poll say they prefer Y to X, but in the "Which are you buying" poll, people said they are buying X more than Y...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I wouldn't bother with the krakken thing honestly, since we still don't know if it exists. However, I don't think Xerneas is going to be a Ground type either. All the leaves and everything in the background of the X definitely suggest it being a Grass type (at least partially).

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I wouldn't bother with the krakken thing honestly, since we still don't know if it exists. However, I don't think Xerneas is going to be a Ground type either. All the leaves and everything in the background of the X definitely suggest it being a Grass type (at least partially).

Grass in the background doesn't mean anything... Look at the last generation... Some of the Pokemon look like one type, but they aren't. Life and Earth mirror Death and Skies so it makes sense to me... Kraken being left with the Water and Rock if it does exist.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Grass and plant life can be linked with life so Xerneas may be Grass/ ? still. Also we have yet to have confirmation that's the theme so we should be cautious with linking their types with unconfirmed themes.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I have an idea about what the last legendary might be
images

I think that it is
Mountain=Yveltal (Hawk-like so i guess high on a mountain)
Central=Xerneas (Most of the region has grass)
Coastal=Third Legendary

So is there something that can take Z shape and lives in the sea?Yes and also something affiliated with Norse Mythology.
Jörmungandr:Loki's child which was thrown into the sea by Odin
It is also called the world serpent(Pikachu's lightning all over the world)because it can engulf the world with its body.

What do you think?

Back