• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I find it funny how some have just realised that all the Unova Gym Leaders only had 3 Pokemon. It just takes Drayden/Iris, the last Leaders for one to realise this, they only had 3 as well.

I don't mind 3, it's like the Anime.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I realized that a little after the E4 myself xD
Perhaps that's the reason they cut it down to three...
This is my prediction of Burgh's team- Scollipede (if he has one than Homika is likely to have a Trubish rather than a Venipede), Leavanny, Scisor, and Vespiquen.

Years
I don't mind it either, but if it's going to be like the anime, have rules like the anime, and limit us to only using 3 Pokes as well.
I agree, they should have you pick three of your pokemon like they do with the BF before you go in, only in this case it doesn't matter what level the Pokemon is in.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I agree, they should have you pick three of your pokemon like they do with the BF before you go in, only in this case it doesn't matter what level the Pokemon is in.

That's what I was thinking. it'd be pretty dang cool, I think. If they did this, however, hopefully they wouldn't make it too gimmicky. Like, no "status ailments before battle" kind of crap. Just straight up battling.

Years
They'll proably just have you deposit 3 of them into the Pc and than have you proceed rather than having to save the game like with the battle frontier.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I was thinking of doing that personally but yes, limiting players to only 3 Pokemon for Gyms would be good and more challenging.

Eneko

Bezarius
Years
I read some comments about setting the gym battles to 3 vs. 3? Although it probably won't happen in Black/White 2, I really like the idea. I think it would be cool if we got to see the Gym Leader's 6 Pokemon, but they randomly choose 3 every time! It'd be way less repetative. I'm getting tired of the 'lose, then know what to expect' pattern while facing gyms.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Yeah, more like the old Pokemon Staduim, you know?

To amp up the challenge, you can always go to options and change it from "switch" to "set," though! That always makes the intensity go up a notch.

Years
That would be nice.
I don't beleive they've shown the design of Cheren's gym, how do you think it might look? My guess is there'll be book based similar to Lenora's.
Since Skyla, and Elesa got redesigns the rest proably changed too. I would like to see what Drayden comes up with, Opelucid's was my favorite in BW so I hope they top it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, and Homika has Koffing and Whirlipede. So hopefully they'll have rematches as an option, because itd be tight to battle those teams again. Kind of odd for her to have Whilripede, though imo. Like, I know she has Scolipede in the anime, but Whirlipede just doesn't look right next to her.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, and Homika has Koffing and Whirlipede. So hopefully they'll have rematches as an option, because itd be tight to battle those teams again. Kind of odd for her to have Whilripede, though imo. Like, I know she has Scolipede in the anime, but Whirlipede just doesn't look right next to her.

Ummm... so Cheren's team is quite obvious then, lol :( Whirlipede I have no issues with, because I expected it'd probably[/s] be from the Venepede line.

Years
Wow, loving Homika's team. I guess Whirlipede is included cos of Homika's guitar design but I was not expecting it.

I guess this means Burgh might have a different team.

Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, a bit disappointing since they are the pre-evos of Lenora's Pokemon in B/W. I can't believe his Gym is in the starting town, that's a first for the series.

Let's see what the full lineups are come Saturday!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Wow, loving Homika's team. I guess Whirlipede is included cos of Homika's guitar design but I was not expecting it.

I guess this means Burgh might have a different team.

Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, a bit disappointing since they are the pre-evos of Lenora's Pokemon in B/W. I can't believe his Gym is in the starting town, that's a first for the series.

Let's see what the full lineups are come Saturday!

The Rom has already leaked, so it'll be closer than that.

ANNOYED @ CHEREN'S TEAM. It's just a Lenora downgrade. Why couldn't they have given him a Minccino? Or Buneary? Not surprised at Homika's team. Since I said Whirlipede. >D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ummm... so Cheren's team is quite obvious then, lol :( Whirlipede I have no issues with, because I expected it'd probably[/s] be from the Venepede line.

They should have completely curve-balled it with a Skitty. xD
But yeah, I knew she'd have the -pede line, it just feels awkward for her to me. :c
I do think that Trubbish would have been a lot more fitting, but by this point they almost need an evolved Pokemon to make it a little more decent as a battle.

I'm still excited to find out more about my main man Shizui. I do hope he has the Lotad line included into his team. Golduck would be neat, too.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Pointing out that Homika's team are 16-18 when Lenora's team was 18-20. Looks like we're going to get even weaker Pokemon this time around. ): I hope Burgh has upgraded his levels to like 25-27. Although since Elesa has a level 28 Flaaffy which isn't her final Pokemon it's safe to assume that we may get a level jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back