• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many days does it take you to beat the games?

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Im Curious because I Can generally beat the games (Meaning the Main Storyline eg: Beating the Champion of e4) Within a Week if I Have just newly recieved the game Because Im really into it

After I restart a Game Depending on what I want to do for restarting I'll Play at a Much slower pace

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
For Black, I beat it within 36 hours, but I played basically non stop, I got the game in the morning, and had an entirely free day to play.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I can usually beat any main series pokemon game in about a week.But could beat it in one to two days if I feel like it.

Years
I beat the main story on my Black in 13 days, shortest time I've ever finished the main story of a Pokemon game.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I consider beating the game as getting everything in the game and maxing out your trainer card, which I am still working on due to those medals. But anyways, it usually takes me 3 to 4 days to beat the story of main series Pokemon games; it would take a shorter time, but education stops me.

:t354:TG

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't know, let's ask Mr. Owl.

"Let's find out. One...two...three...*crunch* Three."

Tootsie Pop commercials aside, I take my sweet time when playing. If I went all-out and didn't stop to level up Pokémon all over my PC (nothing in there under Lv.18 ATM in my White 2 PC except for my Genesect, which I just realized I never used; Black has a lot of bred Lv.1 ATM), I could probably do it in a few days; the thing is, with the ideal to change my types in my party based on what I'm facing, I don't do it that fast. I think when I entered the Hall of Fame I had something like 170 hours, possibly much more (now over 380 hours with a completed Pokédex but haven't bothered with the Champion yet with Pokémon maxed out at Lv.75; could easily get them higher off of Audinos when I go for it and pick a team).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Someday I'll find out. In fact, I was considering doing a speed run of White, so maybe I'll see.

Normally though, it's not days - it's weeks or even months. For instance, it took me 300-and-some hours, spaced out over a couple of months, to finish the main storyline in White. That's because my favorite part of a new generation is discovering and getting to know all the new pokemon. I use everything and level them all up at least until their final evolution, just so I can see what they are and what they can learn and do. I spend days on a single route, hunting for good stuff and leveling things up and evolving them and seeing what new moves they learn and such. And I often double back - for instance, I might start to level something up and find out that it learns a bunch of physical moves, but the one I caught is a Modest, so I go back and find another one with a better nature. And so on...

I play for the journey - not for the destination. Though, again, I have been kicking around the idea of doing a speed run, just because it'd be something different for me. We'll see...

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
For me, almost 2 days, like 42 hours at least. I remember the number of days it took me to go to the metagame:

1st day: 2 badges
2nd day: 7 badges
3rd day: 8 badges and beat the game

It was in April 2011.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Well I Managed to beat Platinum within a Week of it being Released (Actually I had it imported so it wasn't released in my country at the time)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay while originally I was going to keep it here because B/W are games and not a game technically (plus I really wasn't sure which you meant - and the responses also convinced me, too), but by your response I now realise you definitely meant all games, and not just B/W. Because of this, I'm going to throw it over to Pokemon Gaming Central. Keep in mind that only questions specific to Black and White fit here, okay? :)

blue

gucci
Years
I never like to complete a new game in the first day, it feels too rushed otherwise. I like to take in all of the new surroundings, features etc so it usually takes me a week or so.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
About two weeks for me...if I play them for about 1-2 hours a day. I generally get about 2 badges every other day and it takes me about a few days to get over a tough gym battle. Elite Four is just a piece of cake in all games I beat imo, so that usually takes me about an hour and a half.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
A few months, no joke, I take forever to beat a Pokemon game nowadays, thats because my attention span for the Pokemon games is slowly decreasing.

But if I have the mood to play, it would be 1~2 days.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
I'm playing through Ruby again and sit at 15 hours of playing time and I haven't Ben faced Norman yet. I never really kept track but it'll take me, at this rate, close to 40ish hours?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
It used to take me months to beat a game, but nowadays I can usually speed through a storyline in a couple days to a week. I usually don't sit and play for hours on end, so I couldn't beat a game in like a day.

Years
If it's the first time I'm playing through a new game, I try to stretch it out as long as I possibly can (my current playthrough of White 2, for example, started back at the beginning of December, and I'm only 5 badges in).

If I'm playing through on a subsequent run, though, I could probably finish one of the games in a day or two if I was highly committed.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
Usually somewhere around two weeks if it's my first time. It did take me like a month to beat Emerald my first time playing it though.

iBossin

Blue Flash
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
6-8 days Some times i spend hours playing it! It's so addicting.

Back