• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer Camp.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The purpose of this thread is to spread awareness of my current favorite band, Summer Camp (as well as encourage people to post more artist-oriented threads)! If you don't need awareness of this lovely band, how did you come across them and what is your favorite song?

For those of you who don't know who they are, you should. Here are a few of my favorite songs. Listen to them and tell me what you think and tell me if you decided to make the right decision and educate yourself more about them and look up some more of their music!

That's enough for now I feel like I've contributed what I have to contribute to the world. I can die a good citizen.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I first encountered Summer Camp a month ago, as they're helping out with this Kickstarter project I backed. There was a song on the page, listened to it, and couldn't get it out of my head for about a week. It's that good. I certainly have high hopes for them in the future (and at least I know that this documentary will have a really great score for it!) :D

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
This group reminds me a lot of Tennis who are also a duo consisting of man and woman. It's pretty good. OH another group that I absolutely adore, which is Best Coast, is also similar to this.

You guys got good taste!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I never heard of them or any of these songs, but I do like them! I am going to see what else they have in store. Thanks for sharing! I needed a new band to try out.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It reminds me a bit of MGMT whilst stoned :p I don't like the first two songs linked, they're just really... not my style? They seem to have far too much going on at once in those songs and none of it seems to work together for me (especially that weird fading sound which keeps playing in the second one?). But I absolutely love the 3rd video, so much so that I'm about to download it! If more of their songs are like Down then I may well explore their work a bit more, but for now I think I'll just stick to that song haha. Glad to have listened to them though!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
All of my what! I listened to each of these songs and was itching to browse and listen to more. They're so good! Really glad you introduced this, because they're definitely going to get a good listen out of me.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I can't pinpoint where exactly I've heard it, but I recognize hearing "Why Don't You Stay" somewhere before. It's not the everyday type of music I'll find myself listening to, but catch me in the right mood, and I could probably listen to them for hours based off of these samples. I really like the first and third song the most, and the video for the last one was my favorite.

I should probably go get them, before you tell me to. Eh?

Years
I wish you'd made a stronger pitch for them. I only had my own first impression to go on, and I have to say it wasn't that great. The first song didn't impress me at all. It sounded unpolished and a little like they recorded it in a bathroom. The second song was a little better, and the third a little better than the second, but like I said, first impression wasn't good. Maybe the lyrics are what sells them, but I wasn't really listening for them. Guess I just don't have an ear for this kind of music.

Back