• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: An addition to subscription threads.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well, if there's one thing I like to do, I like to check out all my favourite threads. Whether it be a DCC, a certain discussion topic, or a progressing hack, I just like to check them. One thing that annoys me though, is the fact that these threads don't tell me when new posts are available or something like that. Well, immediately they do, but when I'm asleep and these posts happens, there is no form of notification (aside email, which I opted out) that tells me if there are any new posts since the last time I saw it.

Here's what I want to suggest. I know that those threads with new posts in them are bolded until you've read the latest posts, but what I suggest, is that those threads which you have subscribed to stay bolded until you have read them, instead of being not bolded after a certain amount of time.

Thoughts?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
You can always check them in your User CP. It should load a list of your subscribed threads that have recent posts in them. If you know when you last posted, you can know at a glance from the list if you're up to date.

Your actual suggestion would involve some playing around with the code, I'm pretty sure, which isn't always an option.

Melody

Banned
Years
It also might be nice if a single notification was generated for new posts in subscribed threads, which leads to the UserCP when clicked which shows the updated threads.

I'd much rather see a notification than have to rely on Email to notify me of new posts in a thread I'm watching. Email notifications are obsolete imho.

Back