• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Quick Trade Thread.

Years
Could we get someone to enforce the one-post-only rule in the quick trade thread? People keep continuously bumping to make it so their trade is the first that gets seen or to keep it from getting buried. If all the clutter were taken out of the thread, people who would like to help make a trade would be able to thumb through the pages to find the trades still active.

Just thought I'd point that out.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Initially, the Quick Trade was intended for users to post once and delete when the trade was completed. Rinse and repeat. Quick and easy.

However, users are too lazy or forgetful to delete posts, or are too impatient to not post every page or so. Even so, many traders have trade shops, so I never understand why they cannot use their shop to ask for something?

More importantly, I do not believe that the DPPt mods should have another burden on their shoulders of deleting Quick Trade clutter. They already have the trade shops and battle threads, not to mention the main DPPt board, to take care of. In addition, their activity is not perfect because their lives do not revolve around PC.

In other words, your only option is to deal with the few annoying users in the Quick Trade? Ask your friends to follow the rule and spread the word? Honestly, if someone is leapfrog posting (scenario: poster 1, poster 2, poster 1, poster 3, poster 1, etc), then report person 1 for spamming. D:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Perhaps you should fight fire with fire and post your trade again. I do not think this problem will be solved, lol.

A mod for that..? Neh. Maybe there could be separate mods for DPPt/Wifi, as they are separate and huge boards now. I have mulled the idea over, but I doubt staff will appreciate it.

Years
Is there some way to program a restriction into a thread that only allows one post for users of a certain tier? That makes more sense to me than anything. I'm not quite sure why finding some new mods for a division like that would be difficult; there seems to be quite a few responsible people around here who could do it. Not to question your judgment, though.

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Something I think you need to realize is that there is no such thing as a 'quick trade'.

You're never going to find something instantaneous. You can find people to trade with using the resources PC already has and by being patient. I know, it sucks, but nothing in life is ever instantaneous. You still have to wait in a line even if it's a short line.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Looking back on it, I think the Quick Trade thread is innapropriately named. The original idea of it was as a designated place where those looking for something specific and not wanting to post an entire trade thread to visit and get trades done.

Thing is, there is always going to be impatient people, and there is no way we could really inforce that rule, unless we handed out infractions every time it is done, whcih would of course take up alot of our time and is perhaps a tad on the harsh side.

TwilightBlade is correct though; people were supposed to delete their posts or made the posts as completed when done so, but they forget or cannot be bothered to do so. However going back to my previous point, I do believe that the Quick Trade thread is innapropriately named, and the other mods and I should discuss it and add it to the to-do list, on top of everything else.

Ultimately, people are imaptient and until they learn to accept that all trades cannot be completed instantaneously and must wait for people to get back to them, we cannot do much about this problem.

Back