• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B/W forum and how B2/W2 will affect it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah yeah, my original thread was deleted but that only really covered stage one in changing B/W (Unova Springs Back). What I didn't really get a chance to extend on (all I got to mention was the idea but iirc a lot of you weren't really on) was making B/W (not B2/W2) a subforum of B2/W2 and leaving B/W as it is so it could die slowly. tbh I'm sick of all the "discussions" in B/W because if we're just saying what we want we might as well just post about it in B2/W2. I'd say knowing the mascots, and with the amount of speculation threads - if you search prefixes you'll see, yeah... there's enough to make B2/W2 forum pretty active. Of course we'd still mod it but I'm 99% sure they'll be different enough to need two forums (with a primary B2/W2). Nobody will visit it for B/W anymore, and we might as well put B2/W2 out there as the "major important point".

Honestly B/W part of the forum is doomed, out with the old in with the new. In other words, B/W will be the subforum of B2/W2 if this goes ahead. Thoughts, y/n/m?

Years
I think having a B/W and a B2/W2 is seriously pointless.

No offense Forever, but the board is already full of pretty pointless stuff, so duplicating that by having the successor board sends a shiver down my spine; it just isn't right to have two.

I support, like Went said, having B/W nuked.​

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well... remind me again seeing it's been ages back - how was Platinum handled with the DP section established before that, and how did that go? Maybe it would be useful to see how that was done given this is a similar situation.

My current thoughts are that I'm unsure if B2W2 will need the second section. Sure, now because of your event threads and when the games are released it'll be active, but for how long? Before DPPt got merged with HGSS it sure became real quiet well beforehand despite the addition of platinum and I don't recall many Platinum specific threads about after HGSS got announced.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm not sure if nuking the B/W section is practical since it's, you know, a Pokemon forum... but if anybody is interested I have an idea that actually might work.

Basically put fourth gen and B/W into Syd's section (and possibly hire a second mod there since that may bring more activity than one person alone can handle) and just have a "current game" forum, which will be B2/W2 for now - at least until RSE Remakes are finally announced.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I disagree with B/W being entirely useless (there's only about three good threads - and that was long before the games were released in English + 2 others). However I do feel B2/W2 has more potential than Black and White, because all people ever do is complain about the games. Plus if you get rid of B/W people will complain about NOT having it despite complaining about it beforehand - I know, they're crazy. But really, it seems kinda unfair to the members if you remove both completely...

Besides, what are we meant to mod then...? ;x

@Below: I really really think that B2/W2 will be a lot different to Platinum. They've never done sequels before, so... I think it would be active enough (for a while - since it'll stop the complaining about all the issues) to take control of the Unova portion of current generation games.

@Ninja: Wait no, then we wouldn't have control of B/W anymore. No, it's staying in current gen with B2/W2. Sorry but I don't wanna let go of it to fall into Syd's section of death.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Sub-forums are pointless and we all know they aren't given any attention. I say completely scrape the forum of the Black & White threads by consolidating it all into a single thread. The threads in B&W are a lot different than the threads in the other main Pokémon forum. I can't really put my finger on the reason why, though... it's just a completely different atmosphere and I don't like it.

And I'm going to be honest here, Nica (and Shinell), your regulars are really... well, they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, that's for sure. It would probably be best for them to simplify things as much as possible. A single thread would eliminate the confusion of keeping tabs with everything that's going on. And I don't know about you, but I'm so tired of seeing people reply to a thread so damn much there. I know it's a discussion forum but for ****'s sake. The members there outright spam the forum with pointless replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So have a singular thread for Black and White in the new B2/W2 section? I'd be all for that instead of deleting the forum all together. We all know how bad third game speculation got, after all but yet not many posts needed deleting, so somehow I think this'll be effective.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Sub-forums are pointless and we all know they aren't given any attention. I say completely scrape the forum of the Black & White threads by consolidating it all into a single thread. The threads in B&W are a lot different than the threads in the other main Pokémon forum. I can't really put my finger on the reason why, though... it's just a completely different atmosphere and I don't like it.

And I'm going to be honest here, Nica (and Shinell), your regulars are really... well, they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, that's for sure. It would probably be best for them to simplify things as much as possible. A single thread would eliminate the confusion of keeping tabs with everything that's going on. And I don't know about you, but I'm so tired of seeing people reply to a thread so damn much there. I know it's a discussion forum but for ****'s sake. The members there outright spam the forum with pointless replies.

This, pretty much. We can just make a B&W thread until it gets inactive enough, then we can just throw everything into Syd's realms.

If you guys (@Rai and Bob) think deleting wouldn't be a good idea, we can also just archive it, with the old S&M and all those dead boards.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You should just ban complaining. Problem solved! Then all the B/W whiners will have to go to like...the RS Remakes thread and whine there about how they wish it had been their games instead, etc.

Years
So have a singular thread for Black and White in the new B2/W2 section? I'd be all for that instead of deleting the forum all together. We all know how bad third game speculation got, after all but yet not many posts needed deleting, so somehow I think this'll be effective.

You can let Kaori mod the board while you mod the thread Neeks. That's what I said you all did in the B/W forum in the previous staff board anyways.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
God no Went, you ain't putting it near S&M to fulfill your sick fantasy.

Yeah Netto still not a fan of that, look at all the stickies (a clear example why I need the forum rather than the thread). I made practically all. I deserve to mod the new forum!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No I deserve to mod the new forum. Nica's only modding it because she has powers! I practically moderate there while she's asleep with my reports, and the US day is way more active than the Australian day. I do events even though I have no reason to do them because I love B/W! Nica and Kaori can share the thread and I'll take the forum.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just a suggestion... Let me mod the forum \o/ I'd be the perfect candidate because I love you and will give you nice things etc. Call me. xoxox

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You never post in B/W now as it is!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Do you even KNOW how often I post there? I've made probably about 2,000 posts by now. Show me your 2,000. Really.

Back