• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond, Pearl or Platinum?

Diamond, Pearl or Platinum?

• Diamond

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Platinum

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
When Platinum came out, I was falling out of Pokèmon in general, & a bit of depression due to my illnesses.

However... after picking it up on a whim, & actually playing it...
I realized that I adored it, in every sense of the word! :D

Platinum has my vote, due to it being a mixture of Diamond & Pearl, yet with more~

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Platinum would be 100% perfect but for one thing... Lack of Murkrow. :(

It's not fair to compare Platinum with DP, though. I think it was a much bigger jump than the one between Emerald and RS, that is, much more things were changed in Platinum in comparison to the base versions, than Emerald.

Actually, for me, comparing Platinum with any Pokémon game is unfair, because it's IMO the best Pokémon game ever made (haven't played BW2 yet), with HGSS a very close second. I played twice through it in a space of two weeks, something I've probably only done with Blue. The only complaint I have is that I think HGSS should've been released first, and its improvements introduced in Platinum instead, to make Platinum the definitive 4th gen game, much like Emerald was the ultimate 3rd gen game.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Out of the 3, I would say Platinum. Actually I've only gotten a used copy of it recently and I'm still playing the last person's file but still so far I've noticed it runs smoother and faster than DP did. Diamond and Pearl are pretty slow moving and Platinum fixes these problems up. Plus I love the aesthetic changes added to the game. The snow on the ground, the gates at the entrances in Floaroma Town, the remodeled look of Amity Square , the new battle menu, the redesigns of Eterna, Veilstone , and Hearthrome , the games look visually better. I also like how some trainers now use Seals. Everything about the game is a total step forward from Diamond and Pearl.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Like some others, I have never played through Platinum, but I still chose it. It was the opportunity to fix the errors in Diamond and Pearl, and not only that, it gives you access to both Dialga and Palkia. Platinum is also like a mix of both the previous games, which I really like. The Distortion World was also a pretty cool place you could visit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
After playing Pearl, I took a break from Pokemon because...well, it was honestly starting to wear thin on me. I was just...losing interest. I didn't even really think about Pokemon until I saw an ad on tv for Platinum. I wasn't even thinking of getting it until I saw the beautiful figure pre-order bonus.

And for that pre-order bonus that made me buy Platinum I am eternally grateful!

Platinum was amazing. It far surpassed Pearl and really got me back into Pokemon. I haven't stopped playing Pokemon since. Platinum is a gem of a game (or is it a metal?) and it will always hold a special place in my heart!

Back