• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
does anyone know hot to change the weedle that the old man is catching on fire red? :S

Yes, but it depends what Pokémon you want to replace Weedle with.

error1.png

I wonder what made my pokepic act like that.
I think it looks pretty cool, but I want to get rid of it anyway.

No backups, I guess?

im really sorry, i donno if this is the right place to ask about tools,
but my question is that, some tools are known to cause problems while hacking emerald rom, can anyone tell which which tool(s) are those?

Maybe some really old and not really used any more tools. If you're unsure, just make backups.

jpan's hacked engine
how do i change the pokemon menu?
and the start menu?
i want them to look like dppt.

You don't need the whole Hacked Engine just to change the Weedle, seriously.
As for the menu... You mean putting picture near the text, right? If that's the case, ASM would be needed. An easier (but cheaper) way would be modifying some unused characters and create some sort of pictures. Of course it wouldn't be colored.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Actually, yes. It can support custom tables, but it takes a bit to put them in, but its worth it, because it's really good, and most of all: It's free!!!

Question: How good are the GBA versions when you insert HG/SS midi files? I want to know because:
A) I know that you can only have so many tracks, and I want to know if any of the songs will exceed the limit.
B) If the game will handle them properly.

Many thanks!
A) Most songs will exceed the limit, as they have been remixed to utilise all of tracks available.
B) If you delete (or merge) some tracks, and make a custom voice group. You should be fine.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
You're going to have to fix something around or something; the music's going to sound really funny otherwise.

Oh, and voicegroups. You'll probably need a custom one.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I had a bit of trouble like that.
I think that if you make the background colour of the Pokémon you're inserting the exact same as the background colour of the Pokémon you're replacing, it should fix it. :3
It's not that.
I've figured out that it only appears in that map. If I do the script outside of that map it's fine.
Maybe I should try changing some palletes?

EDIT: Another thing. I can't seem to find the fanfare that plays when your Pokemon are being healed in FR. In Ruby it's fanfare 0x170 but it doesn't seem to be in FR. Anyone?

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
It's not that.
I've figured out that it only appears in that map. If I do the script outside of that map it's fine.
Maybe I should try changing some palletes?

EDIT: Another thing. I can't seem to find the fanfare that plays when your Pokemon are being healed in FR. In Ruby it's fanfare 0x170 but it doesn't seem to be in FR. Anyone?
it's not a fanfare ;) it's a playsong/sound (i can't remember)
heres the link thanks magnius :D http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123520

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Alright, I have two questions I would like you to help me with. :'D
Both questions are Fire Red related.

First Question:
Is it possible to remove the 'name rival' part from the intro? Either just have the professor introduce your rival or skip the rival introduction altogether. It probably requires ASM, wich I absolutely don't understand (and probably never will, it looks so confuing) so if someone is willing to help me it would be great! (And it may help others if the knowledge became public knowledge ^^)

Second Question:
I know there is a tool that changes the order of the Pokédex, but I would like to change the order of the regional pokédex, while the national pokédex remains it's original order. Is this possible? Either with a tool or just plain old hexediting, wich is always fun. My personal guess is that there is no separate order for the regional dex and it's just the first 151 pokémon of the national dex.

Thanks in advance.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
^^^^^^^^^^
for question 1, yea, you need asm, but it is possible.

i have a question, what is the pallete offset for the oak intro background, and can the background also be edited with unlz?
if so, what's the offset?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years

First Question:
Is it possible to remove the 'name rival' part from the intro? Either just have the professor introduce your rival or skip the rival introduction altogether. It probably requires ASM, wich I absolutely don't understand (and probably never will, it looks so confuing) so if someone is willing to help me it would be great! (And it may help others if the knowledge became public knowledge ^^)

Second Question:
I know there is a tool that changes the order of the Pokédex, but I would like to change the order of the regional pokédex, while the national pokédex remains it's original order. Is this possible? Either with a tool or just plain old hexediting, wich is always fun. My personal guess is that there is no separate order for the regional dex and it's just the first 151 pokémon of the national dex.

Thanks in advance.

If you open Pokedex Order Editor, there are 2 lists, one for national order and one for regional. I don't know if changing regional will work in FRLG, as I think it just uses the national dex's beginning, but it definitely works for RSE. But, that tool doesn't really function well (with FR, anyway). I tried changing Marill to number 2 and put Ivysaur in 183, then tested my ROM. It showed that I owned an Ivysaur in the pokedex, but the ivysaur entry had Marill's other info, and the 2 slot where Marill should be was blank.

Last edited:

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Alright, this is probably not by any means a simple question but I need to ask anyway.

My problem.

In my hack, Pokemon Mythic Legends, whenever you open the PC and attempt to withdraw a pokemon, the game simply freezes. You can go in the pc and look around the various boxes, but you cannot take any pokemon nor switch your party pokemon with boxed ones. This is affecting gameplay badly.

What I've done:

Restarted the hack, transferred all the scripts and maps.

Same thing happened again and it frustrated the hell out of me as it took me a long time to transfer that stuff.

So does anyone know how I could fix this without starting over or some crap like that?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I can't seem to find A-Text o.O Did it go bye bye? Is there any good alternative for editing prof. oak introduction in FR?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
You should be able to just compile raw text with XSE, then hex edit your ROM and repoint the text during the Oak intro speech to the new offsets. Before trying that, back up your ROM just in case.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Actually, yes. It can support custom tables, but it takes a bit to put them in, but its worth it, because it's really good, and most of all: It's free!!!

I don't know who lied to you, but it's not a freeware, it's a trialware.

First Question:

Second Question:

Thanks in advance.

First question: yes, it is. I did it for Oro Sole and let Manipulation use the same for Sienna. Anyway, remember you can't just skip the rival naming because if you do, the game will crash upon loading the start map because the rival name is all zero-filled. While skipping the part, a default name needs to be set.

Second question: there might not be a separate order table for the Kanto dex, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll let you know.

Alright, this is probably not by any means a simple question but I need to ask anyway.

My problem.

In my hack, Pokemon Mythic Legends, whenever you open the PC and attempt to withdraw a pokemon, the game simply freezes. You can go in the pc and look around the various boxes, but you cannot take any pokemon nor switch your party pokemon with boxed ones. This is affecting gameplay badly.

What I've done:

Restarted the hack, transferred all the scripts and maps.

Same thing happened again and it frustrated the hell out of me as it took me a long time to transfer that stuff.

So does anyone know how I could fix this without starting over or some crap like that?

Yes, but it might take a long time and patience. And requires hex editing skills.

I can't seem to find A-Text o.O Did it go bye bye? Is there any good alternative for editing prof. oak introduction in FR?

You don't need A-Text actually. Just any hex editor which support custom char tables, like Translhextion or Hex Workshop, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back