• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The text box was fixed in version 7 (as were one or two others), but thanks for the revised running charset. I just threw the old one together based mainly on lining the feet up, but yours makes more sense.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
i'm trying to upgrade on of my projects to the latest version.
I've replaced the scripts file and deleted the save file. Now upon selecting new game i get the following error. I've replaced the pbs files with the default essentials one to see if it was mine ones causing it but no luck.

It seems to occur when pbChangePlayer(0) is called, i can have text before it and it'll show, but errors when i get to that call

Exception: TypeError
Sprite_Character:95:in `+'
Sprite_Character:95:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:430:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:179:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:304:in `_animationSprite_update'
Spriteset_Map:297:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:297:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:84:in `update'
Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:45:in `each'

Edit:
Seems the issue is due to one of the pbs files, forced it to recompile them and the error goes. just need to find out which are causing it now

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
i'm trying to upgrade...
...then your question doesn't belong in this thread.

Your error suggests that your metadata.txt doesn't list the filenames for one or more charsets for the player characters properly. It's something to do with changing the player's charset, anyway.

Years
You can still surf on a non-surfing-tile, when there is water an a lower layer. In the starter kits before, surfing stopped when the highest layer were a non-surfing-tile. And that was good xD

Maruno

Years
You can still surf on a non-surfing-tile, when there is water an a lower layer. In the starter kits before, surfing stopped when the highest layer were a non-surfing-tile. And that was good xD
Then don't put water tiles where you don't want to surf. Or show me a good example where the water needs to be there but is causing your problem.

I've not changed anything in this respect. If the above tile has a terrain tag of 0, then the next highest tile (the water) is checked instead - make sure you don't cover up water with tiles whose terrain tag is 0.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Terrain Tag 13 is meant specifically for covering water.. But really, you can accomplish this with any terain tag that isn't 0.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
Can someone help I don't know what i did?

Script 'SpriteWindow' line 2130: Errno::ENOENT occurred.No such file or directory - Data/trainertypes.dat

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
---------------------------
Pokemon XD Lords of Shadow
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonNestAndForm:41:in `pbStartScene'

PokemonNestAndForm:40:in `each'

PokemonNestAndForm:40:in `pbStartScene'

PokemonNestAndForm:118:in `pbStartScreen'

PokemonPokedex:821:in `pbDexEntry'

PokemonPokedex:756:in `loop'

PokemonPokedex:828:in `pbDexEntry'

PokemonPokedex:755:in `pbActivateWindow'

PokemonPokedex:755:in `pbDexEntry'

PokemonPokedex:1057:in `pbPokedex'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\MARCELO\Saved Games/Pokemon XD Lords of Shadow/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Spoiler:

This gives us no information what-so-ever, what did you do? What happened? It looks to me like you need to start a new game... But first, delete your save file...

On a side note, next time you clipboard another error, remove all unneccessary things like blank, new lines and everything highlighted red, please.

EDIT: Actually, on another note, it looks like you edited the region map, and the region "0" doesn't exist.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
Sorry that i keep posting errors but i keep coming acrossed them in my work.

Pokemon Essentials
Script 'PokemonUtilities' line 1246: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass
OK

I got it while Battling a new pokemon i made.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
For some reason when I connect my maps (with Visual Editor) everything works fine, but then I go into game and test out the connection but then it seams to be connected to a black map, even though I have none. It says Im entering Route 1 but my player's sprite disapears and im wlaking in a blank map. After a while Route 1 becomes visible but then the Home Town map is a Black map now. PLEASE HELP!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sorry that i keep posting errors but i keep coming acrossed them in my work.

Script 'PokemonUtilities' line 1246: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

I got it while Battling a new pokemon i made.

I don't think the whole error is here for a start... But I think you need to start a new game surely... It can't find the new form of the new Pokémon... As far as I can read anyways.

For some reason when I connect my maps (with Visual Editor) everything works fine, but then I go into game and test out the connection but then it seams to be connected to a black map, even though I have none. It says Im entering Route 1 but my player's sprite disapears and im wlaking in a blank map. After a while Route 1 becomes visible but then the Home Town map is a Black map now. PLEASE HELP!

I think the problem has been sorted before, I think, it's because your maps are overlapping, try not over lapping them! I believe teleports are fine to use, so maybe use a teleport with no fading, that could give the illusion of maps being linked.

Years
A few bugs, that I found in the latest release (Version 8):

Castform doesn't change his form. I tried it with the weathertype rain and storm. When the battle was starting, it simply says "Castform transformed", but nothing happenes. Neither his sprite nor his type is changing.

If you defeat a foe pokémon, your pokémon doesn't gain exp. (Both battle against a wild pokemon and against a trainer)

During a trainer battle, the foe trainer doesn't call the next pokemon (sometimes), if you defeat the previous pokémon. Your pokémon is attacking "nothing" and the message "But there's no target" will appear. I testet it with the magma traier, next to the water.

If you change the weather type with an event, e.g on the "Test Map" map, the weather will continue if you entering a non Outdoor Map.

Of course i startet a new game before, so an error due to an old savegame is so be excludet from it. I'm not sure, if this are really bugs or if I'm doing something wrong (Or if anyone here understand my miserable english)

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
A few bugs, that I found in the latest release (Version 8):

Castform doesn't change his form. I tried it with the weathertype rain and storm. When the battle was starting, it simply says "Castform transformed", but nothing happenes. Neither his sprite nor his type is changing.

If you defeat a foe pokémon, your pokémon doesn't gain exp. (Both battle against a wild pokemon and against a trainer)

During a trainer battle, the foe trainer doesn't call the next pokemon (sometimes), if you defeat the previous pokémon. Your pokémon is attacking "nothing" and the message "But there's no target" will appear. I testet it with the magma traier, next to the water.

If you change the weather type with an event, e.g on the "Test Map" map, the weather will continue if you entering a non Outdoor Map.

Of course i startet a new game before, so an error due to an old savegame is so be excludet from it. I'm not sure, if this are really bugs or if I'm doing something wrong (Or if anyone here understand my miserable english)
What, you wanted a version that worked? :cheeky:

Your first two bugs (non-changing sprite, no Exp gain) were legitimate, and I've fixed them.

I've never experienced the "foe doesn't send out a Pokémon" bug. If it's new, it might possibly be related to the Exp gain bug and thus also be fixed.

The weather bug is a known problem, and is solved by defining weather for the same map (with a probability of 0). However, such a situation (using an event to change the weather) would never occur in a real game, so it doesn't matter that it's a bit buggy.

I've fixed version 8, so you should download it again.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
Please if someone can help me
in my project when I was moving in and setting up the metadata
[HealingSpot] put the map of the city's pokemon center and the exact coordinates of where it would appear so was defeated.
but when dying on the map that was set to return to the pokemon center of the city he always returned the last pokemon center and not recovered expecificamente I selected the back.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
HealingSpot is the front door of the PokéCenter, to show when this building is entered, this is where you would go if all your Pokémon feint... You should then have the nurse with switch 5 (or whatever your starting over switch is) set on another page, to trigger automatically, with the exact same page as the original healing "transaction", then turn switch 5 off at the end.

Maruno

Years
It's strange. I don't have any save files in the folder of the latest release, yet I'm still receiving this error.
Make sure you're looking in the correct folder.

C:\Users\Ratty524\Saved Games\Pokémon Essentials

Years
When I try to start a double trainer battle, this error will appear:

Code:
Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'