• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Moves

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
What are some of your favorite moves in the series?

Here's a few of mine:

Charge Beam - The animation is sick, and the snowball effect of the +1 SAtk is great both utility-wise and thematically ties well with the move.

Draco Meteor - Again, the animation is stunning. I love the overload, all in aspect of the move. It makes it feel extremely powerful, more so than it actually already is.

Close Combat - Love the flavor, and it wrecks house. I love visualizing the user, just beating the opponent senseless, while making itself vulnerable, thus the stats drop afterwards.

Sirfetch’d

Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Flamethrower. They are strong and very accurate and a ton of Pokemon can learn them. Other moves I love are:
Psychic, V- Create, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Earthquake, Megahorn and many more. There are sooooooo many moves that are good and this topic is very broad and hard to narrow down.

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
By every type, it would be Giga Impact, Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Leaf Blade, Iron Head, X-Scissor, Brave Bird, Rock Wrecker, Earthquake, Dragon Pulse, Poison Jab and, finally, Aura Sphere.

My favorite move of all time is Shadow Punch though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In no particular order, I like Leaf Blade, Close Combat, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Razor Shell, Roar of Time, Spatial Rend, Shadow Force, Judgment, Dark Pulse, Meteor Mash, Psystrike, Sacred Sword, Earthquake, Dragon Rush, Outrage and Stone Edge. Their animations were rather beautiful, IMO.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Let's see: Surf, Mean Look, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Hi Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Iron Tail.

Surprised no one likes non-attacking moves.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Let's see: Surf, Mean Look, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Hi Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Iron Tail.

Surprised no one likes non-attacking moves.
There were none off the top of my head. Let's see...
Swords Dance - Everything about it is sick.
Relic Song (It damages, but its purpose is not to deal damage) - This move is FUN. Meloetta is so fun to use with this move and adds a lot of strategic depths to her. It goes well with her ability, cause sleep 20% of the time, and can be used to switch her formes.
Leech Seed - Since good ol' Gen I, bulbasaur has taught me that the first move you learn could be the best move in one's arsenal.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I for one love the folllowing moves

Mean look: prefect for those running away legends
Attact: I just love making pokemon fall in love with my ones
Fly: I like it's battle animation.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I LOVE FLAMETHROWER THE MOSTEST. I also like Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. Basically, I like any Fire, Ice, and Electric moves that come in trios, so that'd be like the fangs and the punches as well. But Flamethrower is my number one. I usually have to have something with it on my team. I will settle for Fang or Punch though lol.

I also love Quiver Dance, Toxic, and Attract. :)

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Man, where do I even start. I like awhole bunch of Pokemon attack. And I show nuff put'em to good use whenever I battle.

I like switchout moves like U-Turn and Volt Switch. I like using moves like Tailwind, cuz usually strike first always gives you an advantage. I also like moves such as Spore. Cuz dat 100% sleep induce is always handle.

Other attacks such as Attract and Thunder Wave comes in handle. Attract, so attacks are much more less to happen. Thunder Wave, cuz da cut of speed. Not to mention, using it with Electro Ball also makes da attack even more deadlier.

Quiver Dance, Coil, Dragon Dance, Bulk Up and Calm Mind. Any attacks that can buff more than one stat at an time is always choice to me. LOL

Leech Seed, Toxic and Venoshock, Swords Dance and Nasty Plot...those are few more attack I enjoy to use.

Here's a few more, right off da back: Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Psychic, Earthquake, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball

mishyoona

Supermanda
Years
I like anything that feels powerful. Not only looks like it hurts, but sounds like it hurts too. I can't think of anything at the top of my head, but I always enjoy those.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I like the idea of listing them by type, so here are mine.

Crush Claw
Aura Sphere
Aerial Ace
Toxic
Earthquake
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Shadow Ball
Steel Wing
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Leaf Blade
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Ice Beam
Outrage
Dark Pulse

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Best move of all time is definitely Aqua Jet. Really any of the priority attacking moves I like. So Mach Punch and Ice Shard and some other ones that I can't think about off the top of my head lol. Oh yeah Quick Attack.

Years
I'll go a bit of a different route and say that Metronome is my favorite move. I just love the sheer randomness of using it, and that 99% of all known moves can be performed by a Pokemon using it. Then you can get absurd things like a Clefairy using Explosion or a Munchlax using Fly, which is always interesting to see.

My other two favorites though would have to be Earthquake and Surf, as they are both simple, and fairly powerful moves.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I love the 15PP 90 Base Stat 100% accuracy moves the best. Because they're the most reliably awesome. So, that's Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf and Psychic (I know it only has 10 PP, but IT STILL COUNTS DAMMIT!). If there was a Pokemon that could learn four of those five moves, it'd probably be my favourite critter ever! :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Surf, Ice Beam, Drill Peck, Tri-attack, Ice Punch and Aerial Ace.

I love the sound of the Aerial Ace, its like "bi zhui" that means shut up in Mandarin

Back