• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The worst operating system

What operating system do you use?

• Windows XP

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Windows Seven

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Windows Eight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any OS with a Linux Kernel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple OS

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Windows XP IS BETTER for drivers
Sorry, but I would have to disagree with that. In Vista and 7 (and even Windows 8), you can do a fresh install of those operating systems without the hassle of having to download the basic drivers (audio and video). In Windows XP, you have to install the drivers manually on fresh installs.

On a fresh XP install, you're pretty much stuck at 1024x768 resolution and no sound when you first load the OS, until you install the missing drivers. With Vista and above, those drivers are typically pre-installed (albeit with earlier versions) but at least on fresh installs of Vista and higher, you get your proper resolution and sound.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Sorry, but I would have to disagree with that. In Vista and 7 (and even Windows 8), you can do a fresh install of those operating systems without the hassle of having to download the basic drivers (audio and video). In Windows XP, you have to install the drivers manually on fresh installs.

I like installing sound drivers etc... More of a techy experience.

But when I had to install my RAID drivers (RAID 0) it was hell.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Go for the newer tech because its... better!!

The US tried that once - The determined that they no longer had to put guns on their fighters because the newer missiles were superior.

They quickly learned their lesson though and started using guns again.

Basically, newer isn't always better. Sometimes the best solution is to use both new and old tech.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I think the worst OS that came out was Windows ME. It was our first computer, yet I used Windows 98 and 2000 at school before ME, and they seemed more reliable. ME used to crash a lot, even after restoring the computer back to it's factory settings.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
XP is definitely the best operating system out there (Microsoft wise, I have no experience with Mac OS), though I like 7 the best. Granted, it does have a few kinks, I love its fresh feel compared to the bland XP.

Vista... Oh, Vista.
Vista was the biggest disappointment to me. I hate it. It's so awkward and basically a sad attempt of an upgraded XP because Microsoft felt they were overdue for another operating system, but failed.

I've in the most part avoided Windows 8, simply because I've finally gotten adjusted to 7... But I may try it out soon. I haven't heard anything spectacular about it, so I may just stay with 7.

Please feel free to prove me wrong about Vista, otherwise it remains the worst.

Edit: I read the poll wrong and chose Vista, but I meant to choose 7. Oops.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Vista... Oh, Vista.
Vista was the biggest disappointment to me. I hate it. It's so awkward and basically a sad attempt of an upgraded XP because Microsoft felt they were overdue for another operating system, but failed.

Please feel free to prove me wrong about Vista, otherwise it remains the worst.

Bro, Vista is allgoodz, I have never had a single major issue (BSOD) or any other OS error with Vista.

I think people just take what other people say without trying it for themselves. My co-workers enjoy Vista just as much as I do. You just have to trust it, Vista is OK. XP is better, but that is another thread all together

But Microsoft was in a hurry to release two service packs.

Do you guys wanna know of a "secret" easter egg in XP?

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Okay guys

Personally Vista is fine, but a little too similar to XP… however, this comes from a person who thinks of a computer mostly as an internet box, so you can feel free to ignore my opinion on that one.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It's due to a bug - Really, type any letters in the same formation and you'll get the same thing. Because of that bug, notepad can't save any assortment in that specific formation.

I heard this as "bush hid the truth" though.

Early versions of Vista sucked, badly - Install issues, hardware issues, a lot of stuff. They issues were fixed in patches, but frankly a lot of the stuff could have been fixed with another month of bugtesting. Vista was a decent-ish OS - Microsoft just put it out to market way to soon.

Still - Here's a intresting video about Vista.

Years
Guys this thread has gone waaaaay too far off topic. I'm gonna have to stop this thread here, if you want a thread discussing operating systems then go ahead and make one but make sure you stay on topic and keep the posts of high quality.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back