• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noragami

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Whoo, episode 7 is here! My general thoughts in the spoiler as I watched it:

Spoiler:

all and all, another good episode! Can't wait to see how this plays out; but it'd be tough, haha. @_@

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Episode 7 out on Sunday, whee!

Bishamon is so cool. Her Regalia, Kazuma, has such a neat power in allowing himself to survey the area and to coordinate Bishamon's other Regalia.

Spoiler:

Either way, Bishamon is an absolute contrast to Yato, who's a bum. I feel sorry for Yukine trying to ask others for work. Kinda justified if the pair can't afford food and shelter. Poor Hiyori's been feeding them. Yukine gets a lot of hate, but he's 10 times worse in the manga. IIRC his first encounter with Yato/Hiyori was super rude in the manga. He's more likable in the anime, and he was doing quite fine until Nora popped into the picture.

So they explained "noras" this episode, great. I was wondering at first why she had so many tattoos on her body. I thought they were like, transmutation markings from Fullmetal Alchemist, haha. Silly me. They tattoos are different names given by the multiple gods she's served, and she has no affinity to any of them. Now, she's basically a clingy stalker and tries to belittle Yukine. Every time Yuki doubts his master, Yato also gets stung. Why's Yukine stealing money anyway when he stole items the last episode? Is Yukine intentionally trying to be a brat then, and is Yato intentionally prolonging the suffering? :( A smaller Phantom was right outside the convenience store... Don't fall victim!

Yukine just doesn't understand that Yato can sense the poor mental state. Yato's already exhausted and pale all of the time. The blight spread to his hands and face, oh dear.

Nora is so mean. Nobody wants to use you, you basic garbage.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Started watching this anime just recently, and I've gotta say, I'm really enjoying it. The only think that irks me is the fact that it's only 12 episodes. Seems like they're building up such a huge world and concept, it's just hard to imagine everything being done through 12 episodes. Though I may just have grown too accustomed to the more long-running animes.

In any case, I'm loving this anime, the concept, the world, the characters (even Yuki, he's actually one of my favourites), and most of all, I'm loving Yukine's hat. I mean hot damn that thing is gorgeous ;^; Looking forward to the future episodes!

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

Years
Several items were released or revealed this month. Noragami OVA covering Chapter 25 was released and subbed, the OST was released and shared online/YouTube, and the manga is coming to North America this fall. Anyone else excited? :3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
But in all honesty, can we all just appreciate that someone had the smarts to make this into a GIF.
Spoiler:

And also quick question about episode 8....
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
[supporter]Satoshi Ookami[/supporter]: Yeah, that's quite on the mark.

[supporter]elheroeoscuro[/supporter]: There are tons of great .gifs, graphics, even translations of the chapters. This fandom is so great. :D

I thought about that the other day! The students probably don't see the baseball bat either. The phenomenon was described as you walking past a stranger on the street, not remembering their face, and forgetting about him within a few minutes. So, Yukine and his bat should be completely ignored. Furthermore, Yukine has an issue with the darkness. Currently, he's ignored by every living human and he's stuck like that; sounds a LOT like darkness to me. No wonder he's freaking out like a baby a lot lately.

Episode 8 is out today.

The first thing I noticed was that the Opening changed. The anime-original character replaced Yato in this first .gif and replaced Nora in this second .gif. He debuted last episode towards the end in the dark alley, where Nora motioned Yato to use her. It's stated in articles that the new character is someone Yato could have become if he followed a darker path. I'm really interested in how these next few episodes unfold.

Onto the 8th episode itself, things took a darker turn in general. There's a persistent theme of crossing the borderline.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
baseball bat and smashed all the windows? Now people can't see him, but can they see the baseball bat that he is using? All I can picture is them looking out the windows to see a levitating baseball bat just smashing into everything in site.
Pretty much what Blade said =) The phenomenon of not perceiving those guys is the "ability" to ignore everything that is connected to their physical structure. In fact by this logic, people would actually see clothes walking around =D So they "disappear" with everything they have.
I would presume it was the same for the skate Yukine stole. (Otherwise the tenchou would immediately go after the thief)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Started watching this. Will catch upto latest tomorrow. Finished 2 eps today. Watching with my younger sister. :3 Art style and animation are to my liking and the concept is intriguing!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

Pretty much what Blade said =) The phenomenon of not perceiving those guys is the "ability" to ignore everything that is connected to their physical structure. In fact by this logic, people would actually see clothes walking around =D So they "disappear" with everything they have.
I would presume it was the same for the skate Yukine stole. (Otherwise the tenchou would immediately go after the thief)

Still, that would be an absolutely hilarious animation if someone made that xD Just inanimate objects going wilddddd haha.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
So the new episode (i.e. Episode 9) is out, what did y'all think of it?

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

Years
So the new episode (i.e. Episode 9) is out, what did y'all think of it?

Spoiler:

Episode 9 was the episode I waited all month for, hooray!

Spoiler:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Episode 10 is out! And gosh it was a doosy:

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

Years
Episode 10, I can't cope with cliffhangers.

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
Think it was Nora. Still a lot of things we do not know about what regalias are capale of.

But then she could be faking it too. Not sure aaahhh.

It was a good episode. I found it slightly boring in the beginning but it picked up when nora and rabo came into the picture. I was gonna stop watching the anime and merely read the mana but I shall watch the next two now. Wanna see how bones wraps it off.

Years
"I Have Seen Cities Destroyed In Half An Episode I Have Seen Entire Races Been Wiped Out In 4 Seconds But It Took An Entire freaking 9 Episodes To Straighten Out One Freaking Kid" - Episode 9

It kinda pissed me off. It reminded me so much of the dilemma with Grave of the Fireflies. I feel like ugh so pissed off because why not try to make the best of your situation? Why resort to such tantrum throwing methods? I guess its just me looking down upon my privileged spot though :(

derozio

Years
I'll admit, the yukine tantrums annoyed me QUITE a bit too. Started really disliking him and the whole show to a degree due to it. Too bad the anime will end before the guy fully redeems himself and actually shows how much his attitude towards yato changed. It was really enjoyable in the manga and I stared liking the series a lot more as a result.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I always felt that Yukine was just acting like a spoilt brat.

Back