• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Forever Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
2pslq55.jpg
[IURL="showthread.php?p=5129545#info"]Info[/IURL] - [IURL="showthread.php?p=5129545#story"]Storyline[/IURL] - [IURL="showthread.php?p=5129545#feat"]Features[/IURL] - [IURL="showthread.php?p=5129545#screens"]Screenshots[/IURL] - [IURL="showthread.php?p=5129545#team"]Team[/IURL]

[a id]info[/a id]
2e1vejn.jpg
6iraqs.jpg

Hero

Hack Name :
Pokémon Forever Lost
Hack Of : Pokémon Fire Red
Author : Abnegation

[a id]story[/a id]
of6gsp.jpg

Pokemon: Forever Lost

You are a 15 year old boy. Your father left you many years ago only because he had to. You've been living with your mother from the age of 10
as that is when your father left. You were never told why he left. Your mother is touchy on the subject. Ever since you've been distant and far away.
You never ventured away from home until you moved to the new region of Hoenn. All you know is that your father is rumoured to be in the vicinity of the
Johto region. The Johto region is a lot tougher than Hoenn. You decide to go out and get your first pokemon from professor Birch who lives in your new home
of Littleroot town. He gives you 3 options which he decides will be his new starter pokemon for all future trainers. He asks you why you want to leave and
you tell him of how you want to find your father and why he left. You tell him that your only option to get to the Johto region is to fight your way to the
top by defeating the leaders of the Hoenn region. Your mother enters the lab and says how she had expected you to one day go out on your own and hands you
some "Running Shoes" & 5 Pokeballs. Before you leave you head over to visit your friend who bumps into you on his way out of the house. You explain that you are leaving soon and he says how he wants to go too. You both head over to the lab and Prof. Birch gives you both the option to pick a pokemon and also gives you both a pokedex to help him in his research. Your friend dashes out in a hurry excited to try out his new pokemon after telling you he will some day see you and challenge you and how strong you have become. You work your way through Route 101 and reach Oldale town find that there is a small huff about a legendary pokemon dashing by into route 103 (102 is blocked) so you have to head on up to route 103 where you find your friend who says he was chasing the legendary pokemon to defeat it but it got away before he could get a glimpse of it. He says "Remember I said that we would battle one day? Well that one day is now." and you begin battle. His pokemon hasn't levelled at all and once you win you head back to Oldale town where things have settled down and you m ake your way to the next town but you are stopped by one of Prof. Birches' aides who tells you to beware of an evil team who are setting out to catch 4 legendary pokemon. The 2 controllers of time and 2 beings of space.

The 4 pokemon are Celebi, Palkia, Dialga & Deoxys.

Along the way, you find out deep, dark, secrets of your fathers past that can lead to a demise in yours and all mankinds future. The closer you get to your father, the further away you get from yourself.
Be careful, someone, will be, Forever Lost.

[a id]feat[/a id]
2nr22w7.jpg

24n44dz.jpg
Hoenn & Johto revisited.

2vrwpyw.jpg
New, different Storyline.

24n44dz.jpg
Revamped maps.

2vrwpyw.jpg
Custom art.

24n44dz.jpg
A different approach to hacking entirely.

Cameo Roles:

PC Members to appear in this hack:
Chibi Robo
Counterfeit
Dr. Octogonapus
Fox♠
Franceschi
Gerri Shin
Gummy
Gymnotide
Juicy Fruit
Libra
Manipulation
Mika
Mitchman
Patchisou Yutohru
Shalon Rainsworth
Vendak
Went
Wind~

Spoiler:
[a id]screens[/a id]
9glhlg.jpg

Title ScreenRoute 101Oldale TownRoute 103
Completely ignore the OW's, they will be fixed within the next day or two and made like the concept art.
15s1pmr.jpgg

24n44dz.jpg
Mapping - 10%

2vrwpyw.jpg
Story - 40%

24n44dz.jpg
Art - 10%

2vrwpyw.jpg
Inserting - 5%

24n44dz.jpg
Scripting - 10%

As far as progress goes, I have no great way of explaining how far I am into the game, so I'm giving a rough estimate, the rest should be evident through my updates.

[a id]team[/a id]
1z15kps.jpg

24n44dz.jpg
Abnegation: Writer, inserter, mapper, spriting, small scripts etc. etc.

2vrwpyw.jpg
Manipulation: Lead scripter, inserter & some other stuff.

24n44dz.jpg
Counterfeit: CSS, thread layout, misc.

2vrwpyw.jpg
Dr. Octogonapus: Spriting, art, concept art.

24n44dz.jpg
Signomi: Art, spriting, concept art.

2vrwpyw.jpg
Chibi Robo: Spriting, Mapping, custom tiles.

24n44dz.jpg
Banjora Marxvile: Tile Inserting.

2vrwpyw.jpg
Gummy: Images, banners.

Fox♠: Spriting

October Rain: Art, spriting, concept art.

25j89ix.jpg

Kyledove & Punk Rocker for the tiles and base.
More to be added.

I would just like to thank everyone on my team also, this is your hack too guys. This will be something we can all be proud of. Also, to all my supporters, this belongs to you also, we're making it so that you may enjoy it, so please, if you wish to put something into it, be it a trainer, a custom sprite, a script, you name it! Just PM me and I will see what I can do.

This is for you guys.
Last updated: 18/09/2009

Thread best viewed on Firefox & good resolution screens. All work is copyright.

wtug09.jpg
2u5qr0i.jpg

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
It has a game feel rather than a hack feel, but oh well...
Nice hack project.
I like the story. It is mysterious plus exciting.
Screenshots, as I said, gives off a game feel than a hack. That's a good thing, right?

Anyways, g'luck with this project~

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Just thought I'd let you guys know, that I'm currently working on the Littleroot map for Gavin. Then, I'll begin work on his overworld and onto the level scripting. :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Well, I can say your team looks very impressive. I'll bet this great a team will be capable of a great hack.
Good luck~

Years
So it's kind of like Pokemon from Silver's viewpoint except he's not a thief? ;D
Lame assumptions aside, it looks good so far. The tiles are nice, the team is impressive, and everything looks easy on the eyes. Good luck, Gav ;]

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
By the way, here:

Name: Aleks
What would you like to appear as: GHOST TYPE GYM LEADER. Or if not, then I want to be some guy who is at the Pokemon League or some official government place, being angry that they won't let me be gym leader & then I will be like GRRR and challenge the protagonist to a DUEL to the DEATH in a PIT. Actually, I will just walk up to them and be like "I'm going to take my anger out on you!" ;3

Pokemon?: Duskull, Haunter (should be underleveled for balance :3), Cubone (except this one has to be strongest), Ariados (Sludge Bomb. Giga Drain)
obv this encounter is somewhere mid-game, around level 20-24 or so. Encounters of me later will have:
Duskull, Gengar, Marowak, Muk, Absol, Cranidos

Sprite: Uh, later.
Personality/history/why you are here: cbf
Anything else: Uh I like to run into walls and make crashes a lot. Also other people.

- - - - -

Or, if you want, you could make me this:

Name: Christina
What would you like to appear as: PAINT MASTER Christina; appears in a Pokemon Center at a computer. Everyone is lined up behind her to use it, but she's using the computer for Photoshop. You battle her to get her off.

Pokemon?: Smeargle (Figgy's four favorite Pokemon atks), Kecleon

Sprite: Looks like Figgy's persona.
Personality/history/why you are here: Mods OVP on an online forum.
Anything else: I hope she sees this.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hm, it's hard to comment on this hack given the little amount of progress shown. I noticed that you've got quite a "star-studded" team there. I don't know if that's a good thing or not (look at ROM Raiders) but I guess we'll find out about that as time goes on.

As for the maps, I'm not very fond of the mapping style. I was happy to see that you made some little changes to the original Hoenn maps but I don't like the tall grass placement (or the style in general, for that matter). Eh, it's more of a personal preference so if that's what y'all were aiming for, then I can't complain. I have to admit that I was also disappointed with the selection of tiles. I'm not a big fan of that tileset and those tiles in particular have grown trite with overuse (and if you're going to use those flowers, at least animate them D: ). The titlescreen is nice though, if that counts for anything :)

Best of luck to all of you.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Applying for a character in the hack. :)

Name: Will
What would you like to appear as: Someone in the E4 with a kickass Nidoking and likes people with the name Gavin.
Pokemon?: Nidoking, i love TYRANITAR he kicks ass, Golem, Umbreon and Honchkrow
Sprite details: Um, I suck at this stuff. Brown messy hair with just casual everyday clothes? :[
Personality/history/why you are here: Because I was bored one day and I decided I should challange the E4 with my TYRANITAR because he kicks ass and I was so god damn good they wanted me to join so I did.
Anything else: I still love you, Gav.

Looks like a pretty epic hack, by the way. <3

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Ah, so this is the hack that you asked me to help you on.

Well, you know just to message me when you have work for me, so... Well, good luck everybody.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Love the idea. Hope to play this in the near future.

And, while I'm at it...

Note: You need your own 64x64 sprites.
Name: Lucia
What would you like to appear as: You pick, I don't really care XD Though I would like to be a gym leader with a bunch of random Pokemon. Like Cynthia (only she's champion) or Green (I REFUSE to call him Blue >.>).
Pokemon?: Mm... Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon preferably, and if anything, a Lapras would be nice in there too; I'd like all but Umbreon and Jolteon to be female~
Sprite: Um... Someone make one for me? I can splice and recolor, but I doubt that would really fly XD Plus I fail at making sprites that aren't spliced or recolored.
Personality/history/why you are here: Very spazztastic, great at tactics/apparently has no family/I was bored, and you mentioned it in TCTI, so here I am, posting this
Anything else: Nothing really. I'll just edit anything that needs to be edited :X

Last edited:
Years
Hey Gav, cameo request here :3 Do I havveee to make my own character sprite?

Name: Jordan
What would you like to appear as: Victory Road trainer, one of the last ones.
Pokemon?: Piloswine, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Venusaur, Dewgong.
Sprite: Can you make me one? I'll take a generic one if possible.
Personality/history/why you are here: Jordan recently earned all 8 badges and is challenging the Elite Four, but is taking on various trainers for practice. She's deadpan in every way.
Anything else: Nidoqueen is her trump card.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Time for me to... Request I suppose, but I do not mind if you don't have room for me.

Name: Alex
What would you like to appear as: Well, I don't mind. A bug Gym Leader or a Recurring Character. One or the other, your choice.
Pokemon?: Ninjask, Scizor, Masquerain, Forretress, Shuckle. (Or family members)
Sprite: Umm... I'll get back to you on that one. I can't sprite, so... May I get someone to make me one, if possible?
Personality/history/why you are here: Alex has the Rubiks Complex, the need to solve the puzzle. He wants to know everything, and he has a passion about Bugs. Nothing much is known about him apart from that.
Anything else: He has a love for Bugs, as well as Sneasel/Weavile, which he doesn't use as a Pokemon, but as a partner.

Gabri

m8
Years
Looks good, Gavin. The story is nice, the titlescreen is awesome... well, everything looks great! I'll be totally supporting this.
Also, it's good to have a team, since it's very hard to do all these things alone. Well, I wish you good luck on this!

And... If you don't mind, I'd like to play a cameo role in the hack, too. :D

Form
Name: Gabriel
What would you like to appear as: Let's say he's like a second rival. Sometimes he helps you with something, sometimes he challenges you for battles. (If it's not possible, then make him a Gym Leader or an E4 member)
Pokemon?: As long as they're Steel-types (except Mawile) and Skarmory is always included, it's fine. :D (Skarmory must always have the highest level in the team, btw)
Sprite: Clicky click~
Personality/history/why you are here: Gabriel came to Hoenn to explore the region and to try to be a better trainer. He is kind, likes to help people, and loves Steel-types. He is also a bit shy and sarcastic.
Anything else: No, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back