• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Underground in Sinnoh

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Lately I've been addicted to The Underground in Sinnoh. Mining is a really fun minigame and I've figured out the system for getting the biggest spheres. I also like the concept of having a secret base Underground. I have a pretty cool secret base underground.
I have never done the Multiplayer because I don't have any people with a copy of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum for Wireless Communication.

Have you ever done anything in The Underground? If so, how often and what do you while under there? Do you just mine or do Multiplayer with friends? Have you made a secret base Underground?

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
It was fun, but not really alone. Unless you had a few friends around to play with it was kinda boring.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I liked the Underground; it gave me something else to focus on other than the main storyline. After arriving in Eterna and receiving the Explorer's Kit, I remember not leaving the Underground until I got a Skull/Armor Fossil.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I liked the Underground; it gave me something else to focus on other than the main storyline. After arriving in Eterna and receiving the Explorer's Kit, I remember not leaving the Underground until I got a Skull/Armor Fossil.

oh yeah the fossils, those where fun to collect. Got like 10 Old Ambers if I remember correctly

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I loved the underground. One of my many favorite features of gen 4. I remember making my base super awesome, but at the same time super booby-trapped :P, cuz i played wireless with my bro.

Years
I actually really like the underground! Not as much now, but I used to spend forever digging up rare items and the like, always looking for the fossils I would probably never use! It was awesome to find thunderstones or shards or revives, and it was so disappointing when it caved in before you got what you really wanted. I also liked to purposely trigger the traps, as I found it fun to go zooming backwards, or have to pop bubbles!

I only made a secret base to appease the old man, so I've never gotten the FULL benefits of the underground. Some day I'll try the twoplayer aspect of it (hopefully!)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It was interesting at first, but since i had no one else to play with (no Wi-fi) or a local DS then it got stale pretty quickly for me. I like the idea of being able to edit your own secret base and collect items that you wouldn't normally find on the outside world, but if they made it a bit more single-player friendly in regards to capturing flags and whatnot, I'm sure it would've been a much bigger success. In saying that, it wasn't horrible, I think it just needed a few adjustments to make it more enjoyable for those without wi-fi or a local DS/friend to play with.

Years
I liked the Underground, especially the items you pick up.

However, it wasn't all that fun for me since my brother never plays Pokemon, therefore leaving me on my own and with not much to do.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
The Underground :D. The Underground equals one of the best additional optional features ever in the entire existence of the series. It was fun and had me gripped on my Platinum for hours exploring underground, finding cool items and discovering fossils. It helped me with evolutions with the stones, got me some helpful team members and much more. I loved playing with my friends underground just laughing our heads off as we were silly with traps and other nifty gadgets.

The flag snatching game was especially fun, it tested all your skills with stratergy and defence. But my favourite would be the Secret Base, it's pretty much like owning your own house except you can put whatever inside. I loved decorating it all the time, trying to jazz it up.

So yeah to sum it up, the Underground was an amazing feature and I demand to know why it wasn't in B/W and B/W2 D:<.

Years
I loved the mining aspect of the Underground, and there were times when I would play the game just to try to mine some cool items. I also liked that the Secret Bases were brought back from R/S/E, even if I didn't find them quite as interesting this time around. As for the multiplayer part of the Underground, I was never able to utilise it, as I didn't know anyone that had the Sinnoh-based games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I enjoyed the prospecting section of The Underground and you could get some pretty awesome in-game items from it, but that's about as far as the enjoyment went for me. I didn't find the whole traps/traders/spheres/bases/flags (basically just multiplayer stuff) element of the underground very appealing since I never had anyone to play them with, so it just felt like a whole area of the game that I'd never be able to complete and that was a big let down, plus all the endless running around grew tiresome quickly, so this really wasn't a section of the game that I paid much attention to.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Ah yes, those were the good times where I would spend hours mining without realising it. Only problem is that there were Heart Scales everywhere! Most the spots I mined had a HS in it. x__X"

And I did make a secret base, but it was kind of lame. Mainly because I've never used the Internet for my Nintendo DS before and couldn't move those stupid boulders.

I remember burying my sapphires and leaving them for weeks so they would all be size 99. Then I'd go and buy all the goods I wanted. :D

So ya... It was fun.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I liked the abundancee of Heart scales as I used them a lot! Seems there had been a lot of dead Luvdisc back in the day though. =p

The Underground was a neat addition, and one that delayed my beating of the game. XD A good way to get a bunch of items like the shards and fossils too, and it was addictively fun.

Neat capture the flag music too; pity that it was local wifi only and bases weren't as good as in RSE.

Pinta77

I loved the underground, but I had no one to play with locally. And does it work with wifi? Basically, if I had people to go underground with I'd definitely still play it.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I loved the underground in Fourth gen. It was a good way for me to waste a few hours search for those evo stones and fossils even though I never had anyone to play with in the underground.

Years
I liked the Underground, it was fun alone and with friends (over Wi-Fi)

This would be something I would like to see in the next (few) games.

Rissa_Napier23

The Lass Class Trainer
Years
I love the underground, one of my favorite parts of the game! Finding fossils and heart scales and Revives always made me really happy. XD

Years
Omg, I loved the underground. Like, a lot. n~n It was always fun to see what kind of stones or fossils you could find and I spent a lot of my Diamond/Pearl playing time in the underground! Definitely a great feature that I miss. Never made a base but I do recall playing with my friend a few times.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
The underground was fun, but I never really went down to play it often, my sis was the one stealing my DS and playing.
The only time I went down was to get spiritomb
Spoiler:

It got boring after awhile honestly, because I don't always bring my DS out with friends...

Back