• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2018
If only I voted for this hack instead of that turquoise nonsense. Seriously I just played the demo the whole night, I have even beaten team rocket btw the storyline is so amazing but the clifhanger at the end killed me :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Of course not.

I just don't want to show anything until I have the entire next demo completed. That way, everything will be a surprise.

But, I will show a small preview once I finish spriting every main character.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
Firstly Vrai, I was asking the creator of the game, not a fan.

Secondly, I'm aware that it is okay to step outside of the box for things. But stepping out of the box, stomping it, and then driving out into the middle on nevada before shooting the box with an grade 1-19 missile is NOT ok.

You've got to realize that there is a fine line between unique and rediculous. This is coming from a Lewis Carroll fan, so you know I think that your work is incredibly far fetched.

Also the characters in Koolboyman's and Zel's hacks were much more believable. I'm not saying you have to be perfect, but try a bit better.

The whole Twins thing should just go. I understand that him being a Cyborg is a very big part of your hack now, and that's okay. But I think it would make more sense if he was a clone or something. That would get me interested (but that's just me). I know you're busy enough as it is, but I thought you would like to hear my complaints to improve upon this. Thank you for your time again.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

RuRuBell

Beeef
Years
When I downloaded this, I was getting a bit tired of Pokemon hacks that were so similar. I really wanted something different and unique. Your hack was really a breath of fresh air, and it's really well done!

Keep up the good work! Eagerly awaiting to play more. :)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
This sounds really good, and I very much like plot-intensive hacks; I'll try it out tonight.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
It's awesome that this Hack's based off as a Cyborg, and stepping out of the box just makes
this Hack better, as it's unique. And what's wrong with the Ghost Twins?
They're perfectly fine. At least it has something to do with the plot.

Try to think of that, Chris Tom.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
The cyborg thing is more of a byproduct of the story than a main plot point. (I hope that makes sense)

I'll admit, the story makes little sense in the context of just the first two chapters but trust me when I say that everything will come together in the second half of the story. (Chapter 5+)

Imagine if you played something like Chrono Cross or The World Ends w/ You only a quarter of the way through. The story wouldn't make a whole lot of sense that way. Not that Chrono Cross makes much sense after playing through the whole game either.

Now for the small preview since I FINALLY got done with all the character OW sprites.

You will be the ones to choose what you want to see.
You may vote between Aster, Kaius, Lilah, Sadie, the mysterious woman, or the Chapter 3 character Vivi.

Here are the front, back, and side silhouettes for each of those characters:
Silhouette.png

I'll reveal the sprite for the one that gets the most votes in two weeks.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
where can i get pokemon aster and is it complete? atleast to the last gym

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm going to vote for Three Question Marks, mysterious characters are always more interesting to see!

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2011
I'm interested in seeing ???'s sprite, she's a very intriguing character, despite the fact that we know nothing about her. Second for me goes to Aster, and then Kaius.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
First, I couldn´t decide between Kaius and the mysterious woman. But I took her because I like her role and her character which is full of mysteries!^^ I actually found the Erica OW pretty siuting so I was very curious on whether the new one will do so, too, so I just picked the woman!^^´

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
So here I an casually glancing at this thread for about a week and thinking 'That looks mildly interesting, I must give it a try'. Finally I had some free time, so I downloaded the first demo last night. When I first started it was about 10ish, and I thought I would play it for a about half and hour just to get a feel for it.

Fast forward to 1 in the morning and I'm still going. Absolutely hooked by the story - I just had to find out what happened to this guy. Everything about this game has been thought through very carefully (unlike most hacks) and you can really tell when playing it that a lot of hard work went into it. Very well done :) I love how it's not just the standard Pokémon story (i.e. battle, collect badges, fight league, complete dex), and it more character driven than developing your party and whatnot - in fact, it goes beyond that in that your character is watching someone else do that traditional quest from an outsider's perspective, which I have never seen before in a Pokémon hack and is a very nice touch.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love this game and am waiting on tenterhooks for the next instalment (no pressure!).

And now the inevitable constructive criticism. Mwhahaha! One thing that strikes me that this hack could have is some more emotional-evoking music - in some situations the standard FR music doesn't quite cut it. Have you considered some tracks from the Mystery Dungeon series (is that even possible? I don't know)? I know that music tracks are fairly low on the priority list but it's something you could look at when you've finished :)

Finally, I like this game so much I've had a go at a logo (which could double as a support banner).

identity.png

I've tried to go for a different approach to most hack logos because this hack is so different, so the Pokémon logo has been dulled and has some lighting effects thrown in. Hope you like :) . It's fairly minimalistic at the moment, so any suggestions anyone has would be nice.

One more question: do you know yet if I will be able to use my current save file in the next demo or would I have to start again? Thanks. :D

Anyways, nice work. :)

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2010
I loved how your hack is more dialog based. It gives it a better RPG feel. Just wondering if you have a rough estimate how long it'll be till the next demo, the cliffhanger is killing me.

Back