• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Tiba Swiftly Catches the Apple slice and flies through the tree branches, Gaining back a sense of his surroundings.

"Argo was lucky to have missed that, I saw that look in Tiba's eyes, Any closer and that would have been a crash for sure" I say to myself.

"Good job Tiba! But next time, Try to pay more attention to your surroundings, You almost crashed several times!" I yell out to Tiba.
He gives an Apologetic look back and then Starts to eat the apple.

Last edited:
Years

Zayne Alta

As Mark answered Zayne, informing him of the groups intentions Aura became aware of two new arrivals, one a pokemon at a far higher level than the students own teams. Aura didn't bother letting his friend now, it seemed as though they meant no harm.

Zayne felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see a man he guessed was significantly older than himself, but probably no older than thirty and a gardevoir, who seemed to be the pokemon of the older man, who was of course a fellow teacher.
"Steven Yew at your service" the senior teacher introduced himself, he and his pokemon even bowing slightly, a formality that Zayne was not likely to bother with
"Nice to meet you Mr. Yew" Zayne responded "my name is Zayne Alta, I'll be taking the classes for the practical battling unit and this is Aura" he said gesturing at Aura and offering his hand to shake.

The group behind Zayne seemed almost in a confusion, one of them was already slipping away and the rude one was almost treading on his coat-tails (not literally of course). Over his shoulder he spoke to the group of anxious to escape students
"You three can go, I'm sure Mr. Yew is more than capable of showing me where to go" he then added on as an afterthought brought on by their urge to leave "and stay out of trouble".

Turning back to Steven Zayne then asked
"Would you mind showing me where the front desk is? I need to tell them I'm here and I need to get a room key because I'm supposed to stay in the dorms." he looked over the older staff member's Gardevoir
"That's a very well raised pokemon you have there, I'm very impressed". Aura grunted his agreement, he wouldn't be suggesting that he would lose to the psychic-type, but it would be a fun and challenging battle.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn was a little uncomfortable about this. He had to start talking about himself? Isn't that a little like bragging? He didn't want to go down that road, but he had no choice: he HAD to stay awake! He stifled a yawn as he shifted in his chair to get more comfortable.

"Well," he began, "I have 5 pokemon total. Sting, my Drapion, was my first. I had to have my dad's help to capture him. With Sting, I managed to capture Cactuar and Zapper, who are my Cacnea and Emolga, respectively. That was my team coming to the academy. Here, I captured Shiva, my Shellder. And tonight, I captured my Litwick, who I'm still trying to come up with a nickname for. As soon as I'm healed, though, I'll be searching for one last pokemon to solidify my team."

As he was speaking, he thought back to his parents being gone...or missing. He wasn't sure which, but he knew it would take a strong team to help out with the search. It brought a tear to his eye to think about it. He tried to ignore it and concentrate on whats happening now.

"So, what about you?" he asked Sammy, "Do you have any other pokemon besides Corphish and Cubone?" He was getting more and more interested in talking to her.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Kiyoko
Pokeball.png
570.png
Lv.6
Cafeteria

Chapter Three: Part Three
One Girl's Problems

Kilik's gesture put Kiyoko into an immediately defensive position, shrinking back toward Valorie. What made him think Kiyoko would willing jump into his arms?Valorie didn't seem to like him, so that must mean he might be bad, right? Puzzled, he only cocked his head further in response. Was he going to ask something, or not? Kiyoko had other meats to try, and now he was going to be training, and he's also trying to cheer Valorie up... What a busy schedule for one Zorua to handle! "Whaaaaaaaaat?" He asked once more, his tone dragging on as if it were a complaint.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
The treecko extended his paw to Tiba."Treetree,cko."(You did a good job. But you do have to train perismatic vision), said Argo.

"Ti, ninini, Dradradradratini Tinini Dratininini."(Indeed. Stealing something from Argo isn't easy, but you were almost gonna crash. I cannot fly, but my evolution can, so I have the flying DNA. I'll give you a piece of advice- try to avoid targets coming sideways, and to avoid swiftly. Like, when you where gonna grab the slice, you could have gone up, and then charge down. You would be at a fast speed, but you had to turn 90 degrees when you almost reached the ground. It's tricky, but it is better to be sure and hard than to be riscky and easy), suggested Draca.
Fira seemed like she had learned a new attack. She pulled her trainer's hand.

"What is it? Oh, you learned a new move? Let me check here...Ummm", said Daniel, checking on his pad."Here says Charmander learn Fire Fang at basicaly your level, so it must be Fire Fang", suggested Daniel. Fira nodded. She focused on a rock. She glared at it and opened her mouth wide, showing her fangs. Her fangs set on fire as she charged forward, and crunched the rock, making small dents on it. She smiled, and went next to her friends.

"Char char, char!"(Yes, and train hard to learn moves that will help you avoid crashing), suggested the Charmander.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark nodded at the teachers request. The other two seemed to be heading up to the mountains theirselves. While Mark normally would have loved to head up there with them, he wasn't up for too much adventure that far from his dorm. He kind of wanted to relax and just take a walk. He let both groups go back to their buisness and continued by himself around the dorms... he was curious to see what other events were going on. Snype especially was a big fan of the night time. Considering his species were known to have night vision, he had alot of freedom during this time of the day.

Mark honestly didn't know where he was going, he at least knew how to get back to his dorm though...

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
"Well, Looks like You're gonna be busy for awhile perfecting that, I'm just gonna go back to the dorm. Its getting late, I still need to unpack ,Cally is obviously Pretty tired and I would assume Tiba is too." I explain "Thanks for helping me get things sorted out! Sorry If I was bombarding you with questions at first, I may have been a bit excited..."

I pick up Cally Carefully Making sure not to wake her if she happened to be asleep and motioned for Tiba to follow as he is finishing up the apple.

"Good night!" I exclaim Headed back to the dorms.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
"That's cool," Sammy replied, "I've always liked Shellder. It sounds like your team is pretty well rounded already, you've got, what, Poison, Grass, Electric, Flying... uh... Water, Ice... Ghost and Fire? Right? That's pretty good."

She shrugged at his question regarding her own team. She didn't find herself an enthralling topic, but if it kept him engaged... "Just Corphish and Cubone. Oh! And Shuppet. I keep forgetting about Shuppet... so I guess I have a Ghost type now, which is cool I suppose. I know a lot of people like them, but I think they're meant to be a bit difficult to train. Disobedient, I hear. Maybe once you're back on your feet your Litwick and my Shuppet can train against each other."

She smiled at that, wanting to encourage him. If the nurse was happy with his check-up he could have the all clear to attend class as normal tomorrow, but it was just as likely she would tell him to take it easy and stay in bed... she hoped for his sake it was the former. Lying around like an invalid all day would be the worst thing she could imagine. So boring!

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus - LOCATION

Unaware of how or even when, whilst walking around the academy Gwen had become hopelessly lost. Perhaps it was simply that the academy looked so different at night, lacking the usual crowds of people. Gwen sighed and walked around a corner, and directly into a large solid object. Sprawled on the floor, Gwen glared up at the large, solid object which turned out to be a startled looking boy.
The boy had jet black hair and seemed to be around the same age as Gwen, although he was clearly taller than her, but that didn't say much. Gwen stood up, to her not-so-impressive size and rearranged her glasses.

"Damnit! Sorry, I uh.. Sorry." Gwen blurted out.

Gwen thought over her sentence and mentally cringed at it, thinking 'Smooth Gwen, real smooth.' she held out her hand as an offer of peace towards the boy. Amber peered out from behind her trainers legs at the boy in front of them.

"I'm Gwen, Gwen Deallus. I'm kind of new here actually, and a little lost I guess. Sorry about that by the way I uh.." She said as she extended her hand. Gwen hesitated mid-speech;

Realizing that she had apologized no fewer than three times during speaking she hesitated and then added finally, half grinning;

"Uh.. Sorry."

Megaman765

Years
The night was quieter then Mark had hoped for... but then again, Mark kind of liked it. Without so much people walking around the academy felt alot more peaceful. It kind of distracted Mark as she ended up bumping into a girl as he was walking around a building.

"Ack... my bad!" Mark said.

She was pretty short... though sounded about the same age as Mark. She had short crimson hair, green eyes, and a pair of half framed glasses. Mark hadn't seen her around and she had just confirmed she was new.

Mark looked down at her and blinked. Bumping into a girl in the halls... how cliche. Nonetheless, Mark extended his hand out to the girl and helped her off the ground.

"Heh, 3rd times the charm Gwen. Don't sweat it" Mark said happily, noting that she had apologized four times in a row now. "I'm Mark Wilson. The little guy on my Shoulder is Snype." Mark said. Snype gave a large smile and waved at the girl.

"So, new here huh? If you don't mind me asking, what dorm are you in?" He asked. Alot of his friends were either form Suicune or Entei ironicly. It'd make him happy if she happened to be in the Raikou Dorm... at least he'd have a neighbor he knew that way!

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn smiled at her suggestion, the first grin he had on his face since his incident. Not only did Sammy have a ghost-type of her own, but she wants to train with him? "You know, I'd love to help," Shawn said enthusiastically, his eyes having a slight gleam to them, "I can also help you look for other pokemon to add to your team, if you want. I mean, I don't want to intrude on your personal space or anything."

Shawn felt himself starting to like this girl, though he had no idea why. After all, he just met her and did it in the worst possible way. Would he get a second chance with it? Maybe she'd like him, too, once she got to know him...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus - LOCATION

The boy introduced himself as Mark, and helped Gwen to her feet. He introduced his Sableye, whom Gwen hadn't immediately noticed and the Pokémon waved and grinned at Gwen.

"Heh, cute little guy that one. This here is Amber." Gwen gestured at the Poochyena at her feet as she spoke.

Amber walked forwards cautiously and stared up at the Pokémon on Mark's shoulder. Something about this Pokémon... Amber could tell instantly that they shared something in common. Just like her, he was a dark type.
"Dorm? Oh I'm in raikou dorm, they gave me a yellow armband or something but I left it in my room.. Heh. How about you? If you'd know the way back to Raikou dorm then that'd be pretty handy actually."

Gwen scratched the back of her head in embarrassment, getting lost, and walking straight into Mark must make her seem like a complete air-head. She pushed the thought out of her mind and began speaking again.

"Not that I'm headed back there, I actually just came from the dorms I woke up and was kinda bored so I thought I'd just have a stroll around."

Amber sat down so as to better look up at the strange Pokémon grinning widely on Marks shoulder. She stared up at him with her head tilted slightly to the side in curiosity. Apart from her own pack so long ago, Amber had never met another dark type, and those that she had were all Poochyena, or like the pack alphas Mightyena.

Megaman765

Years
Mark just recently noticed to Poochyna by Gwen's feet. He was at least familiar with that Pokemon. He usually wasn't familiar with Pokemon outside of Kanto and Johto but Poochyna was a pretty popular Pokemon... he thought so anyways. For all he knew he might have just seen it in a book somewhere. Snype looked down at Amber and slid off of Mark's shoulder to go down and greet him. Snype extended a hand to the Poochyna. He had a feeling he was probably cautious, as alot of Pokemon are around strangers. He figured maybe Poochyna were the type of Pokemon to get a scent of a Pokemon first before deciding to befriend them... it was just a guess though.

"Really? Your in the Raikou Dorm too? Same here! Its kind of strange but I actually don't know much people from my Dorm. Alot of them are from the Entei and Suicune dorms funny enough! Haha. Guess its kind of relieving to know somebody else that shares the same dorm as me." Mark said.

"Actually, I'm actually kind of doing the same thing myself. I just got done visiting a friend of mind and decided to take a stroll around the campus. Ha. Guess we both have the same thing in mind huh?" Mark added.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Steven Yew - A Workmate

Yew nodded and said, "I'd love to! Please, call me Steven." Yew began leading the way to the main office.

Tetra, on the other hand, was busy studying the Pokemon that followed Zayne. She heard the comment, and replied, I thank you deeply, sir. Picking up on the thoughts of the Lucario, she ironed back to him and continued, Perhaps we may yet meet on the battle field. For now, we will have to settle with talking. You have a nickname, correct? Mine is Tetra.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Cafeteria

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Guess Kiyoko still didn't trust Kilik that much. Is he getting that from Valorie? He didn't like Kiyoko's tone. He's just a kid Pokemon though, so Kilik couldn't blame him. If Kilik wanted his questions answered, it was now or never, regardless if everyone else will hear him.

Kilik lowered his arms, seeing as Kiyoko won't hop into his arms. Well, better ask those questions now. "Kiyoko," he began, "can you tell me what you know about the R men?" Tentou, still above Kilik's head, suddenly stopped playing with Kilik's hair. It seems he was curious about what Kilik had just asked. He looked down on Kiyoko, fascinated by his unique color. Isn't Tentou blue, too?

"I'm curious about them. Ever since I've first heard about them, & when Valorie was attacked by one of them, my suspicions about them have been growing. I need to know...if they've returned." Will Kiyoko answer. Fire was burning in Kilik's eyes, burning with passion. He has to know. He needs to know...

Years

Zayne Alta

As the older teacher, who had requested to be called by his first name, lead Zayne towards the front desk their two pokemon seemed to be talking behind them.

"My name is Aura" Zayne's Lucario responded to the taller psychic pokemon "and I look forward to the opportunity to battle with you". Zayne had been enjoying the peaceful silence save for the quiet discussion discussion between the pokemon behind him, not a word of which he understood, but thought that perhaps he was being disrespectful to Steven by not talking with him
"What is it you teach?" he asked and then getting the gist at last of what the two behind him seemed to be on about he added "It's getting rather late but I am not in the least bit tired. After I have my room key would you be up for a quick battle? One on one between those two back there. That should be calming enough and then I'll probably sleep better". The two were now entering the academy building as Zayne requested this of his senior.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
"Alright. Good Night.", he simply said. Daniel got up of the rock he was sitting. Fira jumped up and climbed to his left shoulder, and Draca followed. Argo jumped up to Daniel's right shoulder. Daniel put his pad on his bag. He walked out of the clearing. As he reached the Entei dorms, the counter lady gave him his keys and he climbed up the so many stairs to his room. He opened his room and locked it behind him. Fira jumped off her trainer's shoulder, as well as Draca and Argo. Daniel took off his school coat and carefully put it on the closet. His pokémon turned on the TV, and watched their favourite channel, " Pokémontional Geographic HD". Daniel smiled at his pokémon sitting so quietly with their pokéblocks before the TV. "I think I'm gonna study a bit", said Daniel, putting his cap on the bedside table. He set the alarm clock to 6 a.m. ."I rather wake up early", he thought. He pulled up a chair and put his books on the study table. He looked out of the window that was just behind the study table. The sky was filled with stars of every sort. He could see the beach from the window. Staryu and Starmie were watching the stars. Daniel smiled. "If they are truly from space, then they must be homesick", he thought. He looked up again at the stars. "My family can't visit me nor can I visit them- it would take too long. I just hope they install Pokéskype on the hotel so we could talk. I'm sure I'm gonna miss them", thought Daniel. He put his thoughts on his books again.

Fira, Draca and Argo were glued (metaphorically) to the TV. "And now, we will talk about the majestous Dragonite", said the Pokémologist in the TV. "Dradradratinini"(That is my evolution. The one I will become someday.), said Draca. "Charchar, mander"( I will become one that looks like Dragonite. I'll be a Charizard), said Fira. "Treeecko, treec, treeckocko"( I only want to be a Grovyle. I don't like the look of Sceptile, and Sceptile look so much slow. I think I'll be a Grovyle), said Argo. "Charchar"(Yeah, I think you are also better as a Grovyle), said Fira. "Tini,dratini"(Technically, Sceptile isn't slower, but at the growth rate of your speed, it is rather slower than what it should be. If you are going to focus in speed, I suggest you should stay a Grovyle, dear Treecko friend), explained Draca.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
[Do remember that Gardevoir communicate telepathically]

Steven Yew - A Workmate pt. 2

Yew, who also was hearing Zayne's Pokemon discussing with Tetra, nodded, a broad grin on his face, saying, "I would enjoy a good battle if you would. As for my subject," he continued, "I teach Hystory and Mythology. Quite the interesting subject if you ask me." He's opened the door as they reached the front office, and gestured for Zayne to go in.

Tetra nodded at Aura, and said, A great name, Aura. I too would enjoy a battle, even if it were a bit one-sided. Tetra turned to Yew as they reached the front office, and asked, Master Yew, Aura and I request- She cut herself off as she realized that Zayne had already asked.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Evie Bellarost

Evie sat quietly on the chair as Wyatt explained briefly about his reasons for coming to the academy, every now and then nodding along with his tale. Drawing her legs up, her feet now bare, she hugged her knees while he spoke, listening quietly until Wyatt's talk drew to a close.
For a little while she remained silent before she grinned.

"You don't seem that bad at battling from what I saw down on the beach." she giggled at this "and your Pokémon look pretty awesome as well, so don't put yourself down. You have a lot more going for you than you think." She smiled at this before looking down at Leka, lovingly tousling his dark fur as he rested next to her.

"My Aunt and Uncle suggested I come here to give me a chance at trying something new." She offered, glancing back to her friend as he toyed with his hair. " I got in as I am more of a book worm than battle girl, but that's me." She shrugged at this, then refocused on her pokemon. " Though I do miss the ranch and the land. But the academy has worked out well so far. Even if I have only been here for a day." Here she laughed, lolling her head back slightly as she let happy noise warm her throat. "I mean after all, I got the chance to meet you, jay and orange. So it's definitely better."

"Plus the views around this island make a good picture too." She added, leaning forward and picking her sketch book up. Flipping through the thick matted paper, Evie found her drawing from the beach early and offered it to Wyatt with a quirk grin. "You don't get views like that, just anywhere."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Kiyoko
Pokeball.png
570.png
Lv.6
Cafeteria

Chapter Three: Part Four
One Girl's Problems

Kiyoko un-tensed as Kilik lowered his arms, and just let out his questions. They were all about the "R" Men, huh? "Um..." Kiyoko started, trying his best to speak /English/ better than a three-year-old child. "They found me when I was /reeeaaally/ little, and my Daddy fought them off, but then he disappeared, and Mommy told me to run, so I ran, and she said not to look back, so I didn't, because I'm supposed to listen to her, everything she says." He seemed to eventually notice that he was getting a little off-track, and continued with his story. "I ran far, and hid in the grass, but once I hid I looked for Mommy, because I thought she was gonna follow me, but she didn't. I haven't seen them since then. So I was hiding there and the R men took me."

He decided to lie down in Valorie's lap before going on. "They put me in a box with a see-through door, and they were watching me, and testing stuff on me... I don't like needles," he added, fidgeting slightly. "After they tested they put me in a round place with a circle of gates all around, and I couldn't get out. They put black fire-dogs on the other side. I asked what they were but they only chased me! I kept running around the circle but eventually they split up and cornered me, and then I..." He paused. It seems he had to think. "Um... I hit them with uh..." More pause for thought. "Aura Sphere! ... I think."

He shifted slightly, curling with his tail. "Then one of them came here and found me and caught me, and then I blew up his room and ran away. And when I woke up, Valorie found me. She caught me, but then I found out she wasn't mean like an R man, so it was okay. But then the R man I blew up found me and fought Valorie, and then they broke the hall, and then you showed up," he finished, seemingly proud of himself for remembering everything. "When he caught me the first time though, I remembered seeing and hearing him talk on a talkie-thing to another R man about me."

Back