• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
i have a problem, one big, i'm working on FR v1.0 BPRE and everything goes good but, when i try to trade a pokemon, the game crash, a way to fix this, y use JPAN tool and shinyzer, and others thing in asm but nothing that can make this fallure. http://www.mediafire.com/download/c...-+Fire+Red-Plus+-Shi-lvl-ChBall-MAFB-TrTo.ips

I find the problem, well i guess, it's DNS, somebody know if this is making some trouble with the trade script or something, i really need to use it, it's an amazing tool, maybe someone know how to fix this, when i put the DNS the trade and battle won't work but when i quit this tool from my hack, the trade return a i can trade!.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Okay, I have a question that I probably should have asked a long time ago haha.

Okay, so I've added wild encounter data plenty of times before when toying around with Advance Map (so far I've only tried that with 1.95, but I think I tried with 1.92 and got nothing different.) The thing is, I can never enter a battle through normal methods-- walking around, for example.

I can understand it with water and rocksmash/tree encounters, but is there a specific tile to use for wild grass battles? Or do tiles on the map have to be set to activate wild encounters? (Sorry for my noobish questions everybody.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Okay, I have a question that I probably should have asked a long time ago haha.

Okay, so I've added wild encounter data plenty of times before when toying around with Advance Map (so far I've only tried that with 1.95, but I think I tried with 1.92 and got nothing different.) The thing is, I can never enter a battle through normal methods-- walking around, for example.

I can understand it with water and rocksmash/tree encounters, but is there a specific tile to use for wild grass battles? Or do tiles on the map have to be set to activate wild encounters? (Sorry for my noobish questions everybody.)

Yes, encounters only occur on certain tiles. The tile has to have it's background behavior set for encounters (A-Map has a block editor that can do this). If I recall, grass has to have 01 01 background behavior and water uses 00 22. You can open a clean ROM and check the values for grass/surf tiles and copy them over as necessary.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Whenever I defeat Agatha (used to be Koga) I can't move my character and the arrows move the camera instead. Also when I edit the script to Agatha dialogue it glitches up.
I also can't enter Cinnabar gym, when I do it just goes black.
Any ideas? If it helps I've added a few new trainers into the extra space.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Is there something you have to do in order to have a wild encounter with an Unown in a hack? I tried having a cave with only wild Unown, but sometimes, when a wild battle is supposed to happen but before the game goes into the battle screen, it just freezes. Only two of the Unown forms work, A (which is completely glitch free) and T (which works, but the sprite has odd colors.) Would it be possible to make it so that I could only use the form of Unown that works? Thanks in advance!

There must be some series of flags that get set by Unown to make more forms available. I have Unown available in one area, but only A shows up. And I have noticed in the main series games, there's always some series of ruins you need to explore, and the more you've reached (or more entrances, for GSC and remakes), the more forms of Unown are available. I don't know how to hack and say activate all 28 forms, but I suspect that's related to what you (and I) are seeing. (I don't get glitchy T though).

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Whenever I defeat Agatha (used to be Koga) I can't move my character and the arrows move the camera instead. Also when I edit the script to Agatha dialogue it glitches up.
I also can't enter Cinnabar gym, when I do it just goes black.
Any ideas? If it helps I've added a few new trainers into the extra space.

Don't edit the script that has already been inserted. That would make the script go crappier
and crash your game or ruin the script itself. So, just get the offset and delete the inserted script's offset.
Then create a new script using that offset. It's like you're deleting the offset making it a free space again.
But that is under game freak's script I think. So go ahead and make a new one :)

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Don't edit the script that has already been inserted. That would make the script go crappier
and crash your game or ruin the script itself. So, just get the offset and delete the inserted script's offset.
Then create a new script using that offset. It's like you're deleting the offset making it a free space again.
But that is under game freak's script I think. So go ahead and make a new one :)
I'm terrible with making new scripts D:

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to edit Pokemon Pearl to play as the rival Barry by replacing all the hero sprites on the rom with all the rival sprites, I've created lots of .bmp sprites to replace the hero sprites but I just can't seem to do it.

I'm wondering if anyone is up to the challenge? You guys know a lot more than me about editing roms so I'm hoping someone will find this easy to do.

The files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1t8docubec3r396/pearl-barry_images.rar

The only files I can't seem to find are the Poke ball throwing animation and trainer card, so if anyone knows the loacation of these I'd appreciate it very much.

Hope you can help :)

Last edited:

Geodude6

It's just me.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Is it possible to add more Pokémon into a Fire Red ROM? As in, increase the number of slots available? Or am I just stuck with the 411 slots that are already given to me?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to replace Pidgeot with Abomasnow in FireRed... I was able to do it but in the battle screen, there's a shadow below it and makes it look as if it's floating (Since Pidgeot's sprite is flying) how do I remove this shadow?

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
Hi, I'm trying to replace Pidgeot with Abomasnow in FireRed... I was able to do it but in the battle screen, there's a shadow below it and makes it look as if it's floating (Since Pidgeot's sprite is flying) how do I remove this shadow?

With Wichu's Sprite Position Editor, set the y or x axis (forget which is which) to 0. Then click auto-position.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Is it possible to add more Pokémon into a Fire Red ROM? As in, increase the number of slots available? Or am I just stuck with the 411 slots that are already given to me?

It is possible(sorta). Check the research and development section, I think it might have had some information. Tutorials section might have too, but I can't remember haha.
If you want to increase the number of slots available, its gonna take extensive hex editing, ASM hacking, and probably a lot more to make everything function correctly. (I think.)

Years
For some reason on my hack whenever I choose a starter the rival chooses the same thing :( my new starters are cubchoo pancham and teddiursa btw how can I fix this?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
With Wichu's Sprite Position Editor, set the y or x axis (forget which is which) to 0. Then click auto-position.

Thank you, but is there another way to do this? This program doesn't work for me, it gives me an error and it closes...

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
For some reason on my hack whenever I choose a starter the rival chooses the same thing :( my new starters are cubchoo pancham and teddiursa btw how can I fix this?

Hex edit the choices or use A-Starter.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I'm terrible with making new scripts D:

Just go read some tut on the tut sections.

Why don't you just make a script for the rival has it's own starter? Also, the rival shouldn't choose
the same pokemon as you do if you just changed the starter Pokemon.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
VBA and NO$GBA have an intigrated disassembler.
In VBA just goto Tools -> Disassemble.
If you want to search for routines in the ROM, enter 08<ROMOFFSET>

Eminence

Pokemon Eminence
Years
So i've been working more on my hack for ruby and finally got around to inserting Darkrai. I've added in the front/back sprites but I'm having a lot of trouble with inserting the OW. By default it keeps changing the transparent colour to 1,1,1 or 0,0,0 and since Darkrai is prodimently black, I can never see him on A-map or in-game.

I dug around and couldnt find any information on how to fix it, so if anyone here can help please do!
-Lots of love!

EDIT: Found a solution!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back