• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Years
So...can someone answer my question?
*wants Victini*

33. Why would the event only work on the DSi? It all depends on what the wireless network you're connecting to uses. You can't get anything over WiFi with DS games anyway without being on a WEP network, last I checked, because the in cartridge firmware has to use WEP in order to maintain backwards compatibility with the DS and DSLite systems. Better places to ask this would probably have been Black and White, C&T, Video Gaming, or Wi-Fi Center, where there are more people who are more likely to know this stuff.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
34. Uh...links, please? Anyways, I'm going to take a chance and hope that Victini is DS Lite compatible...otherwise, I'd hack myself one and say I got it during the event...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

There are several people I like that don't have a DSi and have gotten the Victini event, so I pretty sure you'll be able to get one. Nintendo would get a lot of complaints if they made it just for the DSi.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Don't think so. I think it's generally like some of the other events in which you get one for the sake of getting one. XD:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
While waiting for White to arrive, I bought myself a GBA and Pokemon Red Version. This is so I can play my GBA games after I get the 3DS and I also get to play GB games!(R/B/possibly Y...)
-
By the way, the Mew glitch works!! I haz it and it is my second best pokemon, Charmeleon being the best.

starlightmint72

Creative person
Years

in my family, we still have a working gba sp from when it first came out. truth be told, there were 4, but 1 got it's battery broken, 1 my sister broke, and the other 1 broke.

i think we have owned most of the pokemon games though, maybe just not 3 or 4...i don't know.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
Years
I got White on it's release date in Europe :D Definitely worth to buy. Unova appeals to me much more then Sinnoh did (Which in my opinion was the worst region)

starlightmint72

Creative person
Years
I think the Sinnoh region was okay, but then again, I'm mostly familiar with the Hoenn and Sinnoh, knowing barely Kanto and Johto to the point of mixing the two up a lot. I can't wait to get White and learn the Unova region.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I still have my wonderful GBA SP. ^_^ Wonderful thing to use whenever I want to play my Original Silver~

But yeah. I wasn't able to get my White today, but hopefully after I clean the house tomorrow and do laundry I'll be able to acquire it.

starlightmint72

Creative person
Years

In the time period over all the years, my family has owned almost all of the handheld systems. Let me think...
2 Gameboys (the black and white screens)
2 Gameboys Colors
2 Gameboy Advance
4 Gameboy Advance SP
2 Nintendo DS
5 Nintendo DS Lite
2 Nintendo DSi
1 PSP (I don't know which one mine is...)
2 PSP 3000

Hmm...I think that's all for the handheld. And to think that we used them all for playing Pokemon.

By the way, my first Pokemon game was Ruby, but my older brother had Yellow first, as did my younger brother. My older sister got Crystal first. It's kind of strange if you look at it, because they all had Pokemon games for their first games, and I had a different game first...

Years
10. I still have my Game Boy Color somewhere. I loaned out my GBA to someone so they could play FF Crystal Chronicles on multiplayer. I rarely play my older Pokemon games much unless I restarted the file anymore, though.

And you forgot about the Sega GameGear, starlightmint72, among a few other older handhelds that flopped. Like the NGage. And You didn't specify whether those were original Game Boys or Game Boy Pockets (which both had black and white screens). /geeks out too much when it comes to game systems

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm like your brother and sister. My first game(s) were Gold and Silver, when I got a Gameboy Color for my eighth birthday. xD;

Back