• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen In-game event Pokémon

Which Pokémon do you keep on your team?

• Hitmonlee

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Lapras

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Eevee

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Omanyte

• Kabuto

• Aerodactyl

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Snorlax

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Togepi

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Sudowoodo

• Shuckle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I voted for Eevee, Omanyte, Toegpi and Snorlax. I try and evole togepi into togekiss. Omanyte cause praise lord helix. Snorlax because he's awesome and eevee because he's a versatile pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Aerodactyl and Snorlax are the only ones that I had kept on my team when I've received them. As for others, they went into my PC straight. They're not too bad, but there were other Pokémon that I wanted to use.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I voted for Lapras, Eevee, Aerodactyl and Togepi.

Lapras is my go-to Water Pokémon and an almost constant presence in my team whenever I don't choose Squirtle or Totodile.

I pick Eevee and usually evolve it into Flareon. It remains on my team if I don't have a Fire starter.

Aerodactyl is my favourite of the three fossiles, so in the rare instances that I use a fossile on my team, it's usually Aerodactyl.

Togetic is also nice to have from time to time, so I voted for it too.

Last edited:

Lihtal

Castle Guard
Years
Eevee to evolve him into jolteon and Lapras because on the first gen i usually go with charmander as my starter.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
I voted for kabuto , lapras , eevee and aero , as they are my faves but I find every 2 battles im back at the pc switching atleast one or two different members of the kanto pokedex into my party so all for me , but I tend to send my red snorlax to blue to train and my blue to red so I can actually get everything in the whole dex to respectable levels rather then having just one team and 2/3 hm slaves or even 2 teams , I never have a set team though my favorite pokemon is flareon or rapidash and my fave legendary is moltres from gen 1

I just feel like im being neglegtive if I keep sticking t he same things/being boring having the same team/same attacks over and over, its good to try new stratergies and movesets/ways of playing/difrent team combos

and im trying to fill up the hall of fames in game and on the stadiums using not a single rental pokemon !!!

also do this in gen2 aswell as I have every game in that gen with a working battery , a shop a ten minuite walk from my house fits new cr2032's for £3 sterling :)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to the in game event Pokemon in the Gen I and Gen II games, I recall using both Snorlax (nicknamed Ion) and Hitmonlee (nickname was either Vevut or Veshok) on my Star Wars Republic Commando Squads Team in Blue. I don't think I have ever used any of the other in game event Pokemon on teams in either Gen I or Gen II games.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
It varied by playthrough. My Red team had Snorlax in it, and I recall using Aerodactyl as my Fly user for a while. In gen II, I've used Eevee, Lapras, Togepi, and Snorlax on my teams before.

I've never been a big fan of Shuckle, and it generally arrives late enough that I don't feel compelled to use it. I don't think I've ever bothered to use the other fossils (Kabuto and Omanyte lines) on my team, although I've used them in newer games. I don't think I've ever used the hitmon line for anything other than Pokedex completion purposes. I recall dragging Sudowoodo to the Elite Four the first time I faced them in Gold, but I didn't really have a team (just my unevolved Totodile and a bunch of HM slaves), so Sudowoodo was my buffer for reviving Totodile.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 26, 2016
Lapras is always on my team in GSC, I never choose Totodile so I never have a reason to place it.

I almost always use Eevee (Espeon with bite is pretty sick).

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
I use Eevee, Lapras, Dratini and Aerodactyl as the rest of them are simply trash(except Snorlax).

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I voted for Eevee, Lapras, Aerodactyl and Sudowoodo. Eevee, Lapras, and Aerodactyl are all quite generic choices, but Sudowoodo is quite an odd ball. I've always loved Sudowoodo though. As a kid he was apart of my team along with feraligatr and hm slaves (that was how I played back then). The two of them always got me through the elite four. I always thought rock slide was the best move ever and beat dragonites with it.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Only Eevee in Gen II. By the time I can use them I have my own team already. Though that is not to say they are bad Pokémon, in fact most of them are great like Aerodactyl and Snorlax in particular.

Back