• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Wild Pokemon Editor BW

Kaphotics

♥ Quick Claw Guillotine ♥
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018
Editing any narc before the wild data will shift the offset where the wild data is at, screwing up the program. So any alteration to that Trainer narc for example will screw this program up.

It's better to just extract the Encounter Table narc itself and use this editor.

bw - a172
b2w2 - a173

you can alternatively use Kazo's BWWE, which works fine on a narc basis.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Editing any narc before the wild data will shift the offset where the wild data is at, screwing up the program. So any alteration to that Trainer narc for example will screw this program up.

It's better to just extract the Encounter Table narc itself and use this editor.

bw - a172
b2w2 - a173

you can alternatively use Kazo's BWWE, which works fine on a narc basis.
I've never worked with narc files before because I'm just now getting into this so I'm still unfamiliar with how they behave. But if for example I've already used this tool to edit wild data, would it be possible to extract the encounter table from that modded rom, then edit the trainer data, then reinsert the extracted table? Or would the extracted table not line up properly with the shift made by the trainer data?

Kaphotics

♥ Quick Claw Guillotine ♥
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018
narcs are essentially files inside the ROM; gen 3 was bad where everything was thrown together.

you can replace narcs as you see fit, nitroexplorer or any other program knows how to repoint the narc location list.

Back