• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
IC finally done. Not my best work, but it should be sufficient for this. Sorry, but tightened schedules are just something that my muse doesn't agree with. .__. The rest should be smooth sailing (Heck, if you're really paranoid about writing a Tacey reaction you can just sort of skip over that by having Achan go up there then cut out the actual conversation and skip to the point of relaying the news as discussed :3)

And a cooper test is a standard fitness test used both in- and outside of the military. Basically, you just a track for twelve minutes and see how far you get. (so it's dependent on not only running speed but also stamina, air intake skill, and ability to pace yourself so you don't run out of steam before the time limit). Meh, my result was 2770 meters. Well above average, yes, but annoying because I fell a mere 30 meters short of meeting the green beret requirement. It's not like I really have much need for said beret, but there would still have been something in meeting the conditions, you know? Oh well, such is life. x3

Anyways, I'm probably only a few hours away from departure, so good luck with the RP. ^.^

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Compulsory military service? Really? We don't have that in Australia, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing depending on your stance with Iraq. So, I'll kind of just deter away from the topic to keep things mellow...BUT, I have to mention that AE with a green beret and the imaginary image I have of him would be cute. o0

Ahem, yes, anyway...not sure whether or not you're going to put that over sensitive and hyper happy girl in her place, ACC, but I think it was implied and I kind of just went with it. Of course, I left an opening for both scenarios so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

EDITZ: Aww man, I was hoping of getting a few more posts in for Michel, since he hasn't even duelled yet. DX But uni's starting in about a week and I've got a lot of crap to do to prepare. Sorry about this ACC, but I think I'll drop out, since I'm already in another RP and I think one's all I can handle. No offence of course, it just seems this one's kinda dead. ^^; I've put this in the actual RP thread as well, in case you miss this one. :P

Don't know what you want to do with Michel, I can write him off again. I'll think of something. T3T

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I'm resisting the urge to kill you right now, Phanima. This does indeed kill the RP, right after I meant to revive it as well. >.< I suppose it could always become a fanfic someday, but still, I wanted to see it through to the end... Why must everyone I ignore leave me???? *brick'd*

Alright, I'm going to call for backup. And soon.

Er.... ALRIGHT, WE GOTTA NEW OPENING! ANYONE WISHING TO PLAY CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES IN RP FORM CAN COME! NO DECK NECESSARY TO SIGN UP, BUT WILL BE ASKED FOR EVENTUALLY! PM ALL SIGN UPS TO ME, OR POST IN THE OOC THREAD! IF YOU DON'T SIGN UP I'LL EVISCERATE YOU!

There... hopefully that attracts attention. I'll see who I can recruit. Phanima, thank you kindly for joining us. We wish you well at uni.

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Aww, thanks for the well wishes...making me feel guilty now. =3=

But don't worry ACC, I can stick around for a LITTLE longer, at least until someone joins hopefully.

Let's hope! *crosses fingers

EDIT: Well I just sorted out my timetable, it's not too bad if I do say so myself. I actually have much more free time than I thought I did (guess that's something you don't expect when changing courses), so if you'll still have me, I can keep CARD GAMES going in my repertoire. *w*

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
*Twitch* One post a month?

Lawl, I think even I can manage that much. xD Seriously, it looks like standard in mili is to have every weekend off for sheer lack of maintenance money (bless those fund-cutting politicians' money-grubbing little hearts <3) and I doubt that I'm unlucky enough to get struck by weekend watch duty twice during my six-month service period, so yeah, I should manage once a month. Heck, probably more, depends on my writing mood. Business as usual for CARD GAMES, then? xD

Seriously, I could take a stab at keeping this going if you can stand the slow pace, because RPs revolving around children's card games are very special, yes they are. Especially this RP. :3

Oh, and it's that time of the month again. Goodbye Call of the Haunted and yay for Monster Reborn being legal for play again.

Last edited:

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Heheh, I think that was my fault. ^^;

I caused ACC-M soooo much trouble in the last few weeks, I was getting really freaked out with uni and everything and I kinda forcibly gave him the short end of the stick. Gomen! But yesh, I am revitalised, and one post a month is more than fitting for my situation, business as usual indeed.

Children's card games are what makes the world go round. :3

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Super-Special-Awesome thread revival! Time to flaunt Achan's new decklist!

Deck:

Monsters: (20)

-Wandering Hero x2
-Wandering Vampire x2
-Wandering Shinobi x3
-Wandering Healer x2
-Wandering Beast x3
-Wandering Dragon-Muthaba x2
-Wandering Mage x2
-Wandering Rogue x2

Spells: (17)

-Limit Break-Mega Flare x1
-Limit Break- Cosmos Eterna x2
-Limit Break-Omnislash x1
-Limit Break-Bestialize x1
-Limit Break-Beat Rush x1
-Limit Break-All Creation x2
-Limit Break-Great Gospel x1
-Limit Break-Mimic x1
-Foolish Burial x2
-Monster Reborn x1
-Dimension Fusion x1
-Excalibuster-Blade of the Wandering Hero x2
-Wandering Party x1

Traps: (6)

Arrival of Wanderers x2
RfTDD x2
Mirror Force x1
Torrential Tribute x1

Total-43

Wow, that was a hard deck to build. 0.o Well, thank goodness there's a lot of deck thinning going on as a we build up to an RftDD or Dimension Fusion finish, eh?

By the way, place yer bets: Who will win, Achan or Nicholas?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
*Grumbles* Stupid banlist...it's basically one deck per duel with the pace that thing keeps changing. Oh, la-la...oh well, I've got just the deck in mind for Tacey, actually. >D

Monsters (20)
1x Dark Seraph Miseres
3x Dark Red Enchanter
1x Marshmallon
1x Princess Curran
1x Princess Pikeru
1x Raiza the Storm Monarch
3x Royal Emissary
1x Royal Magical Library
2x Royal Paige
2x Royal Sharpshooter
1x Sangan
1x Spirit Reaper
2x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

Spells (13)
1x Brain Control
1x Card Destruction
2x Court of Nobles
2x Creature Swap
2x Enemy Controller
1x Giant Trunade
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Premature Burial
1x Soul Exchange

Traps (9)
3x Drastic Drop Off
2x Hereditary Title
1x Mirror Force
3x Royal Legacy

Eww...fat deck. D= But I really did want to make something with the new hand control ability I gave these guys. x3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Er... you either forgot to add Curran and Pikeru's base forms, or I'm not seeing them, which effectively kills off the usefulness of Princess Pikeru and Curran... XD

But yah, nice shiny new deck. :3

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, what with the mid-format change I suppose Wanderers took a bit of a hit. Therefore, Achan's deck just lost one copy Dimension Fusion and one RftDD. Crunk. XD

Well, now that I've pointlessly revived this thread... anyone here going "WTB, where is this story heading? This is cheesier than bad fanfiction!" The answer: I'm just as confused as you are. I think I forgot completely what I had in mind for the plot, so I'm just screwing around at this point and throwing in an excuse for Shadow Duelists to come find us and pick on us wherever we go. 0.o

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
That's +2 D.D.R for you then, eh? xD

As for the plotline...the way I see it, we're still in the 'pick your poison' stage, so just figure out a new path you want it to follow and go with it. Bet'cha no-one would have noticed your confusion in the first place if you had just kept it hush-hush and worked something out; we're still making a lot more sense than the majority of GX, after all.

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
*kicks OOC thread for being too active xP

Just thought I'd point out that during Michel and Chelsea's duel, they made a bet where if Michel won, he'd get Chelsea's 3 map pieces, the EXACT amount the group needs to locate the secret duelling area and to pass the second round. /Battle City nostalgia

Since we need 6 and each of us already has 1, plus the 3 Michel won, we're pretty much set to move on, although I wasn't sure if you guys still wanted to tie up any subplots you're currently devising, so I left out most of the details. If it's too early, I'll just make some of the map pieces duplicates, so we still have some time to do whatever/bum around Domino.

Oh~ and just a heads up, I stopped watching GX in the middle of season 2 (last episode I saw was White Night's Dragon, or something along the lines of that) so I'm pretty much oblivious to the whole Yubel arc and any detailed info on Duel Spirits and the like. >> So excuse any future misinterpretations. I normally wiki everything that I don't understand from all of your posts anyway, but sometimes it's not enough. Of course, I could just start watching it again but I'm very very lazy and have a lot of uni work to do. Not a good combination. xP

Years
Oh~ and just a heads up, I stopped watching GX in the middle of season 2 (last episode I saw was White Night's Dragon, or something along the lines of that) so I'm pretty much oblivious to the whole Yubel arc and any detailed info on Duel Spirits and the like. >> So excuse any future misinterpretations. I normally wiki everything that I don't understand from all of your posts anyway, but sometimes it's not enough. Of course, I could just start watching it again but I'm very very lazy and have a lot of uni work to do. Not a good combination. xP

Or you could just ask me, since I have the entire series on my computer.

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Hokay~ from now on NiGHTS, you shall be my unofficial YGO informant. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back