• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
What if I traded a Suicune to my FireRed, could it be tracked that way?
And for the nature, can synchronize pass it's nature to it?

Youll probably have it in your Dex, but even so, itll be hard. I saw him once (wasted Masterball on Mewtwo :( ) and it says where it is in the dex, but its still hard!

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2011
Legendary dogs are attracted to you if you already have one in your party.
Really? Well that's cool! Can it be the same one or does it have to be a different one?

Youll probably have it in your Dex, but even so, itll be hard. I saw him once (wasted Masterball on Mewtwo :( ) and it says where it is in the dex, but its still hard!
Oh okays, thank you. :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Really? Well that's cool! Can it be the same one or does it have to be a different one?

Oh okays, thank you. :)

I know its with the same one but not sure if it works with different ones.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
False Swipe / Sleep Status are your primary options. Sleep is the strongest status condition along with Frozen, but Frozen is like impossible to induce. So yeah, put it to sleep and False Swipe it down to a guaranteed 1HP. I suggest using Crobat because it learns Hypnosis and Mean Look, while having a speed that is greater than that of Suicune's. Wobbuffet leads also help trap it.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
I think that the nature is only changed when you are in a type of area that has pokemon: Grass, water, desert, etc. I don't think it changes the nature of the legend.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Suicune's nature is set as soon as you talk to Bill's friend and put in the Ruby and Sapphire, which enable the Network (thing? to trade between RSE & ColoXD). You wouldn't be able to Synchronize either.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
Well actually, Synchronize only works in Emerald and DPPt. It wouldn't work on Mewtwo or the bird trio at all. XD

You'll just have to reset when giving the stones and hope for a good Suicune.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
Hmm, didn't know Synchronize didn't have that effect until Emerald.

Yeah, I was saying that you couldn't use Synchronize on a poke that had a sprite outside of the battle (Mewtwo, Birds, etc.) and that stood still.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2011
Suicune's nature is set as soon as you talk to Bill's friend and put in the Ruby and Sapphire, which enable the Network (thing? to trade between RSE & ColoXD). You wouldn't be able to Synchronize either.
I don't quite understand what you mean here. I was talking about the Suicune in FireRed.
Well actually, Synchronize only works in Emerald and DPPt. It wouldn't work on Mewtwo or the bird trio at all. XD
You'll just have to reset when giving the stones and hope for a good Suicune.
It doesn't work in FR and LG? Drat.
And what do you mean by 'giving the stones?'
Hmm, didn't know Synchronize didn't have that effect until Emerald.

Yeah, I was saying that you couldn't use Synchronize on a poke that had a sprite outside of the battle (Mewtwo, Birds, etc.) and that stood still.
Oh I didn't know that. Is that true for all the games?

TwilightBlade

Years
I don't quite understand what you mean here. I was talking about the Suicune in FireRed.

It doesn't work in FR and LG? Drat.
And what do you mean by 'giving the stones?'

Oh I didn't know that. Is that true for all the games?

Um, forgive me if my memory fails, but after you defeat Blaine, Bill asks you to take a ferry to the new islands. You complete some side mission against Team Rocket and find a Ruby and a Sapphire. You give these stones to Celio (Bill's friend) on Knot Island and they'll fix the Network Machine. This gives you access to Johto pokemon, and this is when Suicune's values are set. If you're looking for a specific nature for Suicune, you need to save and reset here.

Synchronize does not work in: FireRed/LeafGreen, Ruby/Sapphire, and Colosseum/XD. It only works in Emerald and beyond to DPPt.

You can use Synchronize on stationary legends, such as Rayquaza or Giratina.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2011
Um, forgive me if my memory fails, but after you defeat Blaine, Bill asks you to take a ferry to the new islands. You complete some side mission against Team Rocket and find a Ruby and a Sapphire. You give these stones to Celio (Bill's friend) on Knot Island and they'll fix the Network Machine. This gives you access to Johto pokemon, and this is when Suicune's values are set. If you're looking for a specific nature for Suicune, you need to save and reset here.

Synchronize does not work in: FireRed/LeafGreen, Ruby/Sapphire, and Colosseum/XD. It only works in Emerald and beyond to DPPt.

You can use Synchronize on stationary legends, such as Rayquaza or Giratina.
Oh yes, I completely forgot about that. Sorry.
And this clears things up a lot. Thank you! :)

Years
FYI, the stationary legends in Emerald cannot be Synchronized. That wasn't added until the 4th generation came out. Just wanted to throw that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back