• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are overweight people attractive to you?

Do you find overweight people attractive?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Question of the poll is in the title. Do you find overweight people to be physically attractive? I, myself, do find overweight women to be more attractive than skinny women. I've always found big women to be very attractive, for some reason. I've been told it's mostly because my mom is somewhat overweight, so that's the type of body I've grown attracted to. But, when it comes to serious relationships, I don't care in the least about looks. I really can't give an opinion on men, since I myself am a straight man, but others can. Discuss!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I used to like kinda overweight people, but then my taste in men changed. Now it makes me a bit uneasy to think about being with an overweight guy again, and I'd rather be with a skinny guy. Or muscular but muscley men never like tiny me. But yeah, I don't say that to be rude or anything, I think some overweight people can be very attractive, but just not for me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For a long time I realized that every guy I had a crush on was chubby. I never really liked them for their looks, but it just happened to work out that way.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Honestly... no. ]:

I really don't like saying that because it sounds a bit mean and shallow, but it's kind of the truth. Being somewhat overweight for a long time myself, and really being unhappy with it, I just kind of grew to dislike the image. So, naturally, I tend to go for more slimmer or muscular-physique'd mates.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Well physical attractiveness is PART of being attracted to someone. For me it depends on how overweight they are. I usually like a guy for his facial features (if we're just talking about physicality) and I find that if they are too thin or too overweight it begins to affect these things including but not limited to:

-Body odor
-Teeth and tongue yellowness..
-Heavy breathing
-Eye clarity (you know.. that little twinkle in their eyes) and complexion (and I don't mean pimples.. everyone has pimples.. but I mean skin looking hollow and dry or sweat and general unhealthiness in their skin)

:/ Just things that affect their general health.. as some of these things are turnoffs for me.. and can also affect those who are a normal weight.. but it certainly detracts from someone's physicality to me ://

Fat on a superficial level doesn't matter to me; I've been attracted to a fair amount of skinny guys, average guys, and chubby guys. My boyfriend at the moment is an average sized guy :3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It depends on how overweight. I mean if they're rather chubby then it's fine, but if I look at them and think that they need to lose weight then no. I mean I'm overweight, yeah, but I don't look it and it does not affect me. I am hella sexy. And so other people can be the same. But like... bordering on obese and farther along that line could never be physically attractive in my eyes.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It depends on how overweight. I mean if they're rather chubby then it's fine, but if I look at them and think that they need to lose weight then no. I mean I'm overweight, yeah, but I don't look it and it does not affect me. I am hella sexy. And so other people can be the same. But like... bordering on obese and farther along that line could never be physically attractive in my eyes.
The above poster's name is a good one -- I agree with everything she said. I'm not one to say that if you are at all overweight I won't be attracted to you, because it's not true. The human form needs curves... and curves are beautiful. Just don't have too many of them <.<

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I guess this is shallow, but no, I don't find overweight people attractive. I was never happy with my body image, going from extremely skinny to overweight to normal weight in a matter of two years. I just don't find being overweight healthy and I don't find it attractive. I don't find really skinny either, it's just the opposite of being overweight and is equally unhealthy in my eyes. I understand that for some people being overweight is in their genes etc but they should try to stay as slim as they can.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Not if it shows. I know plenty of overweight people that it doesn't show on, but when it starts showing, I don't find that at all appealing.

I should clarify that I also don't really have physical interest in most people as it is, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The weight of a person does not keep me from being attracting them, to be honest. All it matters is the beauty & personality inside. I'm not too picky when it comes to being physically attracted to someone.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I am generally much more tolerant of overweight girls and my attraction to them pending their intelligence. One interesting correlation I tend to find is that the less intelligent girls are always the more overweight ones. Which makes sense, since it takes a simple lack of common sense and self control to end up nearly obese. Not putting any extraneous situations such as disease in this equation, btw.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I fall for who I fall for, really. Generally I don't find really overweight people attractive, but if someone I was already attracted to puts on some pounds, it doesn't make them less attractive (then the added squishiness is just cute lol). I guess what I mean is that initial attraction requires a leaner, more in-shape physique typically, but once I'm hooked on someone all that matters to me is that they're them, and to me that's the sexiest :3

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Not really. It depends on how overweight the person is. I'm okay if they're a little overweight, but if it's too much, then I stay away.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
well, no, not really.
i tend to find chubby people physically attractive, yes, but not those overweight. (i honestly don't mean to offend anyone by this.) although, of course, that doesn't mean i won't fall in love with someone who is overweight. i might. but usually, at first glance, i don't find myself attracted to them at all.
i do find chubby people (mostly girls) attractive, however. those who have some meat in their bones, and have "pinchable" cheeks. those are the ones i like.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
How overweight are we talking about?

If they could stand to lose like 25 pounds or so, kay. So, could a lot of us. I don't care.

If they're morbidly obese though, no... not particularly a turn on.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ha. It's a misconception of a lot of people, but overweight people can be sexy or attractive.

Just take a look at Adele, shes honestly a great role model, she doesn't care about keeping fit, and likes to eat what she wants, although I'm probably looking way too far into this topic, I'll answer the question- Yes I can find overweight people attractive. I also have a poster I bought from HMV of the Adele rolling stone cover. <3

Spoiler:

<3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I think my idea of overweight is a bit different to other people's idea of overweight

I like chubby girls
Then there's fat girls that I'm not particularly inclined to find attractive, but I have a fat friend and she has a sexy personality so it's possible

Then there's what I consider overweight which is just...
Don't even go there.

But I'mma vote yes just coz

and then with guys they have different modes, if they just have a big build it doesn't even matter, but if they have saggy moobs then yeah, no

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
If they're visibly overweight then nope, not really. Especially if they're the kinda person who is always complaining about it, yet refuses to help themselves. I really can't stand people that acknowledge a problem and don't try to fix it when they can. ¬¬

I might like them for their personality in general but if you're talking about physical attraction then nah not my thing at all. That said if it doesn't really show and it's just some chart or something saying they're "overweight" then it probably doesn't matter. I just go with what I think is overweight rather than going with any sort of "omg no fat stay away" rule.

Years
In general, yeah, sure. I can't say I find all overweight people attractive or overwightedness itself attractive, but on people who are attractive for other reasons it's not a bad thing and can be a good thing in a lot of cases. I'm assuming we're talking about overweight in the chubby/not-obese-to-the-point-of-unhealthy kind of overweight.

Of course I also find skinny people attractive. I guess it just doesn't matter as much to me as other things.

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Honestly, no. I'm generally more attracted to normal-weighed girls.

Last edited:
Back