• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challoween!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Welcome To Challoween!
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready for thrill? Suspense? Want your pants scared off? Well, that's too bad, because I don't think a challenge should be that scary, unless we're talking about a Caterpie Nuzlocke NFE Solo Challenge. Anyone wanna try that? Throughout the month of October, each of us will be on a haunting journey through the region of your choice. However! You do have a few rules to this, and also a certain team roster that will be available to you. Follow me, children. I'll tell you of the criteria...​

Rules
094OD.png

☠ All main games are eligible for this challenge, however it is highly recommended you don't use a game older than gen III.
☠ Emulators are allowed.
☠ Legendaries are not allowed, as per usual. You are allowed to catch them though.
☠ Trading is allowed, but you may trade eggs only. In-game trades are allowed.
☠ HM slaves are allowed. Torture victims?!
☠ Challenge ends, for all games, after defeating the Elite Four. If you would like to continue further, be my guest.
☠ Designated creepy areas must be visited and completed (meaning get all items, defeat all trainers, and catch all available Pokemon in the area). Note: Only one Unown form must be caught for GSC/HGSS players. Remember to come back and do the fossil puzzles though, as that's part of completely the area. For RSE players, you are not required to catch a Chimecho, since that'd keep you on Mt. Pyre for days.
RBY/FRLG: Pokemon Tower | GSC/HGSS: Ruins of Alph | RSE: Mt. Pyre | DPPt: Old Chateau and Lost Tower | BW: Celestial Tower
☠ Cheating is not allowed.
☠ You can use your starter until you have at least one party member that fits your Challoween criteria.

Teams must consist of...

1. Creature of the Night
You know. That one thing you'd hate to run into in the middle of the night. Or maybe even the day time. Either way, Mad Scientist Razor Leaf helped me classify these beasts, and as such, here is the list:
Spoiler:

2. The Amazing Dying-And-Reborn Guy
That one guy that dies but somehow comes back? That'd be him. This Pokemon must be caught before the 3rd gym. If it faints, you cannot revive it. What you must instead do is deposit it and catch a new one of the same species. If the Pokemon you choose for this slot is hard to come by/only in a certain part of the game, feel free to catch a lot of them in the same area and box them till you're able to use them. So, whatever Pokemon you choose for this one, make sure you choose wisely. Wonder how many times he'll die... Note: Once you are facing the Elite Four, the semi-nuzlocking aspect of this team member will no longer be in tact. Unless you want it to be because you're just that hardcore.

3. BOO!
You didn't think you were getting away without a Ghost-type, did you? Get your proton pack.

4. Trick-Or-Treater
Aren't they so cute? So cute that you should have one on your evil Challoween team. :3c This Pokemon must stay unevolved and be the first stage of its evoluntionary line. Choose wisely! And cutely. Maybe.

5. Slasher
What's a horror flick without a good slasher villian? We sat down, watched a couple of flicks, and figured out a good list of Pokemon you sure as hell wouldn't want stabbing you.
Spoiler:

6. Paint it Black
No. This isn't a Dark type. This Pokemon must fall under the Black category in the Pokedex. But the Pokedex is stupid, there are a few more Pokemon that we saw fit to join the black party. Don't hit me for that comment.
Spoiler:

Note: You do not have to catch them in this order. This is just what the team roster must contain.

Well, I think that's all you need to know for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread or VM me (please do not PM, I need to empty my inbox lol).

Sign-up form
Username: Sydian
Game: Black

Hunch Punch
Spoiler:

Pirate Treasure
Spoiler:

Shark Meat
Spoiler:

Noobs
Spoiler:

More Ghosts n Stuff
Spoiler:

Final updates must be posted by 11:59 Central (GMT -6) October 31.

yes there is an emblem if you finish gosh.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I'll join! Yay new event :D

Username: Jdthebud
Game: Black, prolly

So in GSC/HSSS and BW, we just need to defeat the E4 the first time, right?

Also, must the trick-or-treater be able to evolve?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yup, just the first time. I respect that people have lives and don't always have the time to do post game. You can do it if you want though. And yes, the trick-or-treater must be a Pokemon that is able to evolve.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Looks really fun, and very creative might I add.

Spoiler:

If sydian could get back to me on wether hacking in a zorua is acceptable or not I would really apreciate it. Also tomorrow I leave for swim camp and dont get back for four days so I wont be able to start until then. But I wish I could start right now :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Sounds awesome and creative
Username: ArrT
Game: Ruby
Pokemon:
Spoiler:

I hope I did it right

Edit*Swapped Aggron and Zangoose because the Amazing Dying and Reborn Guy has to be before the third gym and you can get Zangoose till after. Thanks jdthebud

Last edited:
Years
Sign-up form
Username: Itz_Spadezz
Game: Platinum

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ciax, if you want to hack Zorua, that's fine. :) Knew I forgot to mention something in the rules, lol. But Cofagrigus isn't obtainable before the 3rd gym iirc, unless you're able to get to...whatever that tower is called...before the 3rd gym. I can't remember if you're allowed access there or not. If you can't get up there before you fight Arty though, you'll have to pick something else for that slot. Arrt, that sign up is just fine! Good luck to all of you. And, might as well post my planned team:

Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wait Syd, are you hacking Eevee? What is the rule about hacking? -looks in OP, not there...no cheating, hmmm-

btw Arrt, if I understand the rule right, you have to catch Zangoose before the third gym, which means you have to skip Brawly...? Cause he's not available until after Wattson.

Anyway, here's my planned team.

Spoiler:

Personally, Larvesta looks scary...
I will hack a Zorua egg in Castelia City where he is obtainable (with fateful Celebi I think).

Serebiish

WTF?
Years
In GSC/HGSS we have to catch all form of Unown?
Or just one to symbolize the species?

EDIT:

Username: Serebiish
Game: White

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: Luigi-San
Game: Emerald
Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
If I remeber right you can get into relic castle before burgh. I totally forgot about the part that they had to be caught before the third gym. THis will be fun, I need an excuse to play through black again

Serebiish

WTF?
Years
If I remeber right you can get into relic castle before burgh. I totally forgot about the part that they had to be caught before the third gym. THis will be fun, I need an excuse to play through black again

You can't,Cheren blocks the way to the desert

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Alright I am replacing Cofagrius with Whimsiscott, its a shame I havent used Cofagrius before and was looking forward to using him. Oh well whimsiscott will still be fun

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
Years
Name: VelocityQ
Game: Sapphire I believe is the game where you can catch Zangoose
Here's my Pokemon Team so I won't forget: 1: Mightyena 2: Shedinja 3: Probably Dusclops 4: Torchic 5: Zangoose 6: Claydoll

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Name: VelocityQ
Game: Sapphire I believe is the game where you can catch Zangoose
Here's my Pokemon Team so I won't forget: 1: Mightyena 2: Shedinja 3: Probably Dusclops 4: Torchic 5: Zangoose 6: Claydoll

Nope. 'Fraid not. It's available in Ruby tho.

Name: Sooyun
Game: Crystal
Team:
Spoiler:

Here's my short update:

Named myself Krys (Would have named myself Misa, but I had already started this save).
My Trick-o'-Treater is Light the Cyndaquil. I caught a Creature of the Night: Zubat named Dracula, a Geodude named Langolier (that annoying villain that takes 5 movies to freaking die permanently!), and a Ghostly Gastly named Catherine. The first two gyms were relatively easy, but I lost Langolier 1 to Croconaw in Azalea Town. I trained Langolier 2 the rest of my team before taking on Kira again. Catherine's Curse and Hypnosis combo has proven deadly. I caught a Slasher named Psycho the Nidoran/rino before fighting Whitney (who's haxed Miltank needs her own category in this challenge >.<). Catherine's Curse and Langolier's decent defense saved me from getting annihilated. I now only need to get the Squitle bottle and proceed to Mahongany town.

Team:

cyndaquil.png
Light
lvl. 20
Cut; Leer; Smokescreen; Ember

geodude.png
Langolier
lvl. 21
Tackle; Defense Curl; Rock Throw; Magnitude

zubat.png
Dracula
lvl. 20
Leech Life; Supersonic; Bite; Confuse Ray

gastly.png
Catherine
lvl. 20
Lick; Hypnosis; Curse; Mean Look

nidorino.png
Psycho
lvl. 18
Tackle; Leer; Horn Attack; Double Kick

Last edited:

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
Years
Really? I remember finding Zangooses in sapphire....

So, the game is now ruby :P

UPDATE 1:
Started a new game and named myself E. Velo (Event Velo)
Gots my Trick or Treater! Mitch!
Beat THE CRAP out of May
Got my ballz. (Not those kind, perverts >.<)
Caught Drake, my creature of the night
Got Nincada 1. Gonna name it Bzzt. Can't nickname Shedinja till Slateport >.<
Stone Badge, got!
70px-Stone_Badge.png

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Nope. 'Fraid not. It's available in Ruby tho.

Name: Sooyun
Game: Crystal
Team:
Spoiler:
You do know that Geodude can't evolve, right? It has to be first-stage as per the rules.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
You do know that Geodude can't evolve, right? It has to be first-stage as per the rules.

It doesn't mention anything about the evolutionary status for the The Amazing Dying-And-Reborn Guy, so it's assumed it doesn't matter what evolutionary stage it's in as long as you can catch it in the wild. Graveler can be caught in the following places: Victory Road, Route 45, Mt. Silver, Dark Cave, and Mt. Mortar. If Syd didn't want The Amazing Dying-And-Reborn Guy to evolve, then he should have explicitly stated so.

Really? I remember finding Zangooses in sapphire....

So, the game is now ruby :P

Nope. I have a cartridge of Sapphire and Zangoose is replaced with Seviper. Same thing goes for Emerald. Zangoose is Ruby exclusive.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Username: Togetic997
Game: Platinum
Spoiler:

This sounds like it's gonna be fun...but no Lucario for the Slasher list?

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
It doesn't mention anything about the evolutionary status for the The Amazing Dying-And-Reborn Guy, so it's assumed it doesn't matter what evolutionary stage it's in as long as you can catch it in the wild. Graveler can be caught in the following places: Victory Road, Route 45, Mt. Silver, Dark Cave, and Mt. Mortar. If Syd didn't want The Amazing Dying-And-Reborn Guy to evolve, then he should have explicitly stated so.
Oh, I missed that your Cyndaquil was in there, I went in order, so...

my bad. carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back