• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about Fennekin evolves into Fire/Steel? It's a pretty good combo (imo) and is unique(with only Heatran having it), that way we get the best of both worlds?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Robofox..?

STC4-BadnikTails.JPG

/shudders

Much prefer to idea of Fire/Psychic, Fire/Dark or Fire/Fairy; though, I don't think tossing the "new type" on a starter is the best way to get everyone involved with the new type itself.

Though, coming from Ragnarok, I can definitely see it fitting:

Moonlight_Flower_by_Fall_msc.jpg

or

ragnarok-cat-nine-tails-img.jpg

Are fairy kinda. I would think it'd be cute to see Fennekin's final evo' involve bells. Might even justify a Ghost Type (think: Clear Bell (@ Ekruteak, Ghost Gym)[/url]

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
An interesting typing for sure~! Assuming Fairy resists dragons (which I don't remember what it resists or what it's weak to completely, but yeah), then Fennekin would at least be able to have a chance to switch in against them. Though sad to say, it won't be doing much because of it's Fire typing...unless Fairy attacks do neutral damage to Dragons.

It'd be nice to have a Fire/Dark, seeing as we haven't really had one since Houndoom. n_n

Fairy-type is SE to Dragons in the information...

An interesting combo for speculation of Chespin being Grass/Rock type

Chespin Evo: Grass/Rock
Fennekin: Fire/Fighting
Froakie: Water/Flying

That's likely since GameFreak won't stop making the same fire starter...

I doubt any of them will become a new type as they evolve, unless we have three new types...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Chespin Evo: Grass/Rock
Fennekin: Fire/Fighting
Froakie: Water/Flying

That's likely since GameFreak won't stop making the same fire starter...

That's my only real hope for the new starters, that Fennekin doesn't become another Fire/Fighting...
The other combos are fine, i especially love the theory about Chespin's evo being part Rock type :D

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I don't even think Fire/Fighting for Fennekin would be that bad, as long as it deviates from the traditional stat spread that the three previous Fire/Fighting Pokemon have been getting. Which, sad to say, isn't really too likely at this point. .__.

if gf is gunna make fennekin fire/fight, then make it a defensive pokemon. I really loved scrafty. He had great movepool and a gud ability, moxie.

Okazaki~Tomoya

A place were dreams come true
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Can't decide really dont know enough about them let me see stage 2 and 3 forms and then i'll give my verdict!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
Tbh, i think unova has the best set of starters (putting in consideration ONLY their first stages). Its kinda hard for me to like chespin, but i see myself using him more than i see myself using odd froakie (which i think is not as bad as how other people make it seem jsyk) fennekin is just the way to go, and this will be my first time playing with a fire starter!! But oftentimes i choose at the basis of how the pokemon will look in their final stages tho

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Yeah making them evolve into half new types like Fire/Fairy would be great

The information I read (That came from a source who correctly gave the names of 4 new pokemon before they were officially released) had also mentioned a few other new types

I think there was like, Sound type, Cosmic, and Magic in addition to Fairy

I think Fairy & Magic were possibly the same type and I confused something though

So what if....

Fennekin : Fire/Fairy
Froaki : Water/Cosmic
Chespin : Grass/Sound

& Really, the problem with another Fire/Fighting starter is that well.... Blaziken has obsoleted all other Fire/Fighting pokemon in existance by having Speed boost as an ability option. Infernape & Emboar are strictly inferior because Blaziken has that and they don't.

So if Fennekin does end up /Fighting, then it needs to either have Speed boost, or some other insanely powerful ability

Like maybe, Wonder guard, or Moxie, or at least Sturdy... or SOMETHING that is a very useful ability you know?

Or AT LEAST an insane base speed like 130 + a high attack or sp attack like 110+, if it must have a bland ability like the powers up fire type moves when low HP you know? Otherwise it would just be inferior to Blaziken like the others.

Check this link out :
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider-information

Seemingly reliable info says it will be :
Fire/Psychic
Grass/Dark
Water/Fighting

Which is like my idea only probably better, because technically fighting isn't weak to ghost, ghosts are just immune to them

Also better because the way they did it makes it so that none of the starters are actually weak to another one, their 2nd types rule out their 1st types weakness to the other starter

Like, Fire Fennekin would be doomed against Water Froakie, but half psychic Fennekin dooms half fighting Froakie right back, and half fighting froakie dooms half grass chespin, half dark chespin dooms half psychic fennekin, and so forth. So if true, that's actually really great

Also if it's true, Chespins evolution may well resemble my drawing! :D

More info
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/last-of-the-pokemon-x-y-insider-information

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I think if they're going to introduce a type, it will only be the single type and I doubt any of the starters will gain that as a second type.

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
At first I really, really didn't like Froakie.. But the more I look at all the starters the harder my decision gets.. I am still leaning towards Fennekin though..

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Sorry to those who like fennekin but she looks Awwwesssffullll to me, way to chibi and girly. One thing's for sure that we've ended the Fire-Fighting chain. I think Froaky might turn flying or psychic judging by those clouds which is why I'm going for him

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I just imagine Froakie going one of three routes:

• Water/Ice
  • Water/Flying (A frog that can fly. You know this isn't outside the realm of possibility here!)
  • Water

And it's honestly hard for me to pick between the three. Knowing how "out-of-the-box" Gamefreak tends to be, I'm tempted to gravitate towards the second option, though I wouldn't be surprised either if it was the last or the first one.

i m expecting froakie water/fight b'cuz in the first trailer, it was seen using a physical fighting move.

About chespin, i m xpecting grass/ground
and fennekin fire/dark..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back