• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Can I make my own rumor? Listen to this...
I think there will be a domino-like Pokemon that evolves into a dice thingy.
WHY? a few weeks before X & Y were even announced, I had a dream that Nintendo is going to make a new gen, & as a teaser they showed the Pokemon I mentioned, when I woke up I posted about it in the General Pokemon Chit-Chat section...
This may be purely silly or crazily supernatural, I just thought about mentioning it here & hear opinions.
I don't think you can call it a rumor one can talk about if you admit it's from a dream you had a couple weeks before the games were announced. :\

tnfsf11

But I must say I saw other people talking about their dream visions too you know...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Err, okay.
But I must say I saw other people talking about their dream visions too you know...

I don't think he's saying that there's something wrong with discussing it, it's just not exactly a rumor. Rumors are generally coming from someone who claims to have a reliable source, or are some sort of in depth theory. An idea for a new Pokémon isn't exactly a rumor, it's just that, an idea. Especially when you reveal the source is a dream, it kind of takes the mystery out of it =P

On what you actually suggested though, I guess it's a cool concept, but I feel like a domino and a pair of dice are kind of a strange physical idea for a Pokémon. I guess I can kind of see it, going from a sort of thinner domino with maybe 3 dots on it, then evolving into the dice where it becomes bigger, and both of them have a three on them? No clue really =P

tnfsf11

I meant that the domino folds & becomes a dice, every black dot is an eye, so it's like a creepy creature that can see in all ways ;)
And I actually don't think it's that ridiculous, I mean we have pokes inspired by inert objects like Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom (its formes), Trubbish...etc, so I don't think they would mind making that Pokemon :)

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I meant that the domino folds & becomes a dice, every black dot is an eye, so it's like a creepy creature that can see in all ways ;)
It's been said that the first Pokémon stem from dreams the designers had. Basically, we're pitting their dreams against each other. Yowza.

This meanwhile is an interesting concept. Likely won't happen though.

Cyclone

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
It could though, believe it or not i had a dream about gothitelle before black and white was announced, no joke. It was creepy but cool.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
And I actually don't think it's that ridiculous, I mean we have pokes inspired by inert objects like Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom (its formes), Trubbish...etc, so I don't think they would mind making that Pokemon :)

Well I'm not a mind reader, so I would have no idea what you were going for =P But also sounds like a cool concept I suppose. Definitely possible, but who knows.

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
Years
Didnt the guy say there would be a new battle system for FLYING types specifically? What do you guys think that would be like? Gaurdian signs or would it be a minigame? Would 2 flying types have to be on the screen and does the way you do it affact damage/ accuracy? That would be crazy.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Didnt the guy say there would be a new battle system for FLYING types specifically? What do you guys think that would be like? Gaurdian signs or would it be a minigame? Would 2 flying types have to be on the screen and does the way you do it affact damage/ accuracy? That would be crazy.
A new battle system specifically or perhaps a side game a la Ringer Contests in the anime? If they were to create a battle system specially made for Flying types, then they'd have to do that for almost every other type such as Water for example.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly, I take information like that with a grain of salt. If said system doesn't get revealed by the next Pokemon Smash, then I highly doubt it's something that's going to be true. Why is it necessary to have a system for flying types specifically? .___.;; I guess it'd be a neat addition, but the question in my mind is: Why? IIRC, this includes levitate users, which means that this new battle system would extend to others like Hydreigon, Gengar, Flygon, the whole nine yards. But again, is it really necessary?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but if it's something that isn't revealed in the next Smash/CoroCoro, that means nothing. I mean, we all thought they would have revealed Sylveon's typing by now, and look where we are still. They can choose to hold out on stuff as long as they want to. Heck, they don't even have to show it to us ahead of time and let it be a surprise for when the games come out. But as a whole I agree with your sentiment =P

If something like this were to happen though, I'd just want to see it come with the return of Contests and have it be a part of that. Plus, I just want to see anime-styled Contests make an appearance in the games, as they'd be so much more fun than the downgraded ones we had in Gen III and Gen IV (and I guess the Musicals as well).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Why would we have a Fairy and a Light type? The Sound theory is more likely...
SONICBOOMEON! I CHOOSE YOU!

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:
Doesn't make sense, as Unova has more land to the west, as shown by the Battle Subway map. Not to mention the League is actually a little hill, as on the B2W2 map, through the ice you can clearly tell there is forest behind it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If that did become true and Kalos was attached to Unova like that....I have to say it would be a really ugly landmass.

Like some kind of squid continent.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Btw, according to the logic of some of those arguing for a Fairy type, all Pokemon should be Fairy type. They say "Fairies are mythical magical creatures". So is every single Pokemon....

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Btw, according to the logic of some of those arguing for a Fairy type, all Pokemon should be Fairy type. They say "Fairies are mythical magical creatures". So is every single Pokemon....

I mean, in our universe they'd be considered mythical, but in the Pokémon world it's completely common-place for Pokémon to be there, so that's kind of irrelevant honestly. Plus, Game Freak probably doesn't even care about that kind of logic anyways =P

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
If they name the new type "Fairy-type", I will convince myself that I am too old to be playing this game, haha! Not knocking other people, but I personally hate that cutesy stuff, and having a Fairy type would give Gamefreak yet another reason to oversaturate the Pokeverse with Pokemon like that. But I really like playing......gaaaaaaah, what's a guy to do. I love change, but dang, that's just terrifying me.

ANYWAY, what makes people think that there are two new types being introduced, other than the Gen 2 comparisons?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If they name the new type "Fairy-type", I will convince myself that I am too old to be playing this game, haha! Not knocking other people, but I personally hate that cutesy stuff, and having a Fairy type would give Gamefreak yet another reason to oversaturate the Pokeverse with Pokemon like that. But I really like playing......gaaaaaaah, what's a guy to do. I love change, but dang, that's just terrifying me.

ANYWAY, what makes people think that there are two new types being introduced, other than the Gen 2 comparisons?

I heard one of the leakers said that Xerneas would be a Fairy type.....in that case I think Fairy type would be moreso a "magic" or "mystic" type and not strictly pink cutesy creatures.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Yeaaah, but still. I don't see a lot of badass designs being given the "Fairy" type, not at all. There are always going to be exceptions to generalizations, but not many in this case, probably. And not all cute Pokemon are pink! Pink isn't such a bad color either, haha.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

Is that really true?

I mean most pokemon seem pretty normal and unspectacular really (aside from the moves they can use)....I mean to us they're magical creatures but in the pokemon world itself they're probably less so.

More like creatures with amazing powers....it's not exactly the same thing as being magical.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Originally, fairies are not cute. They range in looks and the most common non-disnified fairy story is about creatures that steal misbehaving children to eat. There is more to Fairy than Tinkerbell.

I heard one of the leakers said that Xerneas would be a Fairy type.....in that case I think Fairy type would be moreso a "magic" or "mystic" type and not strictly pink cutesy creatures.

That leaker (there was more than one if memory serves) admitted to making the info up on 4chan. The one posted in the first page is the only rumor still around that hasn't been debunked or its creator admitting it was fake.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Originally, fairies are not cute. They range in looks and the most common non-disnified fairy story is about creatures that steal misbehaving children to eat. There is more to Fairy than Tinkerbell.

Of course, and believe me, I love Aesop's fables and the like, but this is Gamefreak we are talking about. But hey, I get it; most of you want a Fairy-type for whatever reason, haha.

Back