• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Train Station Town "Has a Secret" ... Region / Location DLC?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Uh... Maybe you haven't played Gen 1 or 3 in a while... But they are certainly not longer than X/Y. Gen 2 you could stretch out because of Kanto, but it was very barren and boring anyway.

I have Emerald and Fire Red on my phone. I beat emerald in 38 hours, and beat Fire Red in 50. Not only did it take me longer while doing less side content than in X, I also found the core stories of the two to have a lot more depth than in X. Team Flare's existence and the conflict around them was shallow and abrupt.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I have Emerald and Fire Red on my phone. I beat emerald in 38 hours, and beat Fire Red in 50. Not only did it take me longer while doing less side content than in X, I also found the core stories of the two to have a lot more depth than in X. Team Flare's existence and the conflict around them was shallow and abrupt.

It has taken me over 95 hours to beat Black and White before.

That doesn't mean it's longer than X & Y. It just means it took me longer to finish them.

All games are too short when they first come out, because we're all excited and play them constantly for days, or at least for much longer each day than we would normally play a game.

RE: Story, that's subjective. I find X&Y's story to be far more interesting than Kanto or Hoenn.

bluecat

just another day
Years
I think I might agree with this.
I don't think a completely new region unlikely. SoulSilver and Heartgold spanned two regions, so they are capable. Because I think in those games the Kanto side was rather rushed, I personally view it as just an experiment.

Also a technology I have seen used quite often lately, is to already add content we have no access to, or even way of knowing it's there.
What I mean is, instead of DLC, the new region might already be in the game.
We simply can't go there yet. The only thing they would have to do is, for example, to make a train go in Couriway Town, which can be activated without any DLC at all.

Just my thoughts and a very broad hypothesis with low accuracy.
So don't take my words for granted, I just wanted to inform you of this option.

Maybe something will happen when they open the Pokemon Bank in a few months...

They did go for a worldwide release that was mostly successful. Maybe they'll go for a worldwide event unlock? Or something of that nature? IDK, thinking out loud here. :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
I think the train is probably the same case we have in Unova. If you see all those tracks it lead up to other parts! The train might simply be connected to Unova since both region seems to be closed together! (Parfum Palace Zekrom, Reshiram statue)

Years
I think the train is probably the same case we have in Unova. If you see all those tracks it lead up to other parts! The train might simply be connected to Unova since both region seems to be closed together! (Parfum Palace Zekrom, Reshiram statue)

They also say that unova used to be connected to kalos

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I don't think that you should check out my region guy is talking about DLC. It would be more likely for it to be a remake or new generation confirmation. Or just a troll to mess with fans haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I want to add something here about the region guy that I don't really see being discussed elsewhere:

I don't think he's referring to a spin-off game because he actually mentions different things about his region. The Serebii screenshot going around has him saying there's this "town" that we ought to see, but in my game he said they have a cool "facility." Facilities such as Battle Towers exist in spin-off games, but then I forgot to talk to him one day and he went back to his first saying. But instead of mentioning the facility again, he said "Our Champion is really something else!" No spin-off games have Champions because they don't have Gyms.

But what I think is really interesting is how he mentions various things to begin with. Sadly once you get the souvenir all he says is "It's not Kanto, Johto, etc." but I'm really curious as to what he said to other people.

(If this is mentioned in the Marriland video I apologize, I haven't had the opportunity to view it yet!)

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
They didn't really say that they weren't doing Paid DLC. They reconfirmed that there will be absolutely no DLC content for X and Y.

There won't be any DLC at all. What we have is what we get. Only things we can get now are the undiscovered event items and Pokemon.

They said that they feel adamant that their customers should not be feeling like they got an unfinished project. The article did not say once that there was no possibility for dlc. Just that they were thining about it and more information for it would not be released right away.
I completely disagree with your reasoning.
I would also like to state that seeing as the 3ds has been having dlc for many of its games i think it is very possible that x/y will be receiving dlc. It would not be big but it would still be something. And if they did do it they would not release it for money. That much is certain

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They said that they feel adamant that their customers should not be feeling like they got an unfinished project. The article did not say once that there was no possibility for dlc. Just that they were thining about it and more information for it would not be released right away.
I completely disagree with your reasoning.
I would also like to state that seeing as the 3ds has been having dlc for many of its games i think it is very possible that x/y will be receiving dlc. It would not be big but it would still be something. And if they did do it they would not release it for money. That much is certain

If TPC and Gamefreak, which yes they've both stated that do not WANT to make DLCs for Pokemon X and Y and do not intend to make them, then we aren't getting any. I've never seen them say that they don't feel like they shouldn't because of the customers, I've seen them say that they won't and have no intention of doing so.

As for my reasoning, its there in your hands, written out on the net, you doubt what's before your very eyes. Go ahead, you are free to have your own opinion, but its been said, even at E3 they said they didn't intend to have any DLC. At the time they'd say they'd see about it, but didn't have any plans to do any DLC. Before launch they still said they have no plans and did not intend to work on any extra content.

There isn't going to be any Conventional DLC only our normal Mystery Gifts which aren't classified as DLC.

Years
There probably won't be any DLC. But there could still be a secret area needing some specific/event Pokemon like Sinjoh ruins type of deal as Makoto Tachibana pointed out.

Last edited:

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
If TPC and Gamefreak, which yes they've both stated that do not WANT to make DLCs for Pokemon X and Y and do not intend to make them, then we aren't getting any. I've never seen them say that they don't feel like they shouldn't because of the customers, I've seen them say that they won't and have no intention of doing so.

As for my reasoning, its there in your hands, written out on the net, you doubt what's before your very eyes. Go ahead, you are free to have your own opinion, but its been said, even at E3 they said they didn't intend to have any DLC. At the time they'd say they'd see about it, but didn't have any plans to do any DLC. Before launch they still said they have no plans and did not intend to work on any extra content.

There isn't going to be any Conventional DLC only our normal Mystery Gifts which aren't classified as DLC.

As of now I am satisfied with the game we have, I have no personal opinion in the matter, But the article that you posted had no solid evidence that there is not going to be any DLC.
So I don't necessarily have a personal opinion, what you posted in the article entails that it may be possible that DLC will arrive. not probable, But certainly possible.
If you want to prove to me that there will be absolutely no DLC I want to have an article that posts nor possibilities, but facts.
To be completely honest myself I doubt there will be any DLC but it may be possible that there will be now that it is out on 3ds.

If that cannot be proven then your theory is false and it could go either way.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I guess its down to interpretation then. Intention is a yes or no street. They do not intend to make DLC. Both companies stated such. They do not intend then they will not make. If they will make or want to make, then they intend to make DLC, but they do not intend to make or produce DLC for Pokemon X and Y so they will not make, have no DLC in the works, do not forsee Pokemon DLC in the near future, or do not want to make DLC for Pokemon.

Take it as personal opinion if you will, but intent is everything when it comes to production. If you intend to do something it will be there, if you have no intention of doing it it won't be done. Neither company support the idea and have intentions to create them. We've got what we've got lets at least be happy about that.

Even Ken Sugimori has expressed his dislike of the concept, so three major figures to the Pokemon world have shown dislike for the concept of marketing DLC for the Pokemon games.

Not saying you aren't but there are people that aren't happy and want more.

Years
Guys that item the hiker or backer or w.e gives you might have to do with jirachi. Colloseum was in a diffrent region was it not?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Guys that item the hiker or backer or w.e gives you might have to do with jirachi. Colloseum was in a diffrent region was it not?

According to Gamefreak based on other games, Orre does not exist. Pokemon from Orre transfered forward are from Hoenn. Since Colossuem is from a side game series and not part of the Main series games...Not made by Gamefreak. It doesn't "exist".

Tititienne

Psychic
Years

Colosseum and XD where set in the Orre region (which is based of Phoenix, Arizona), but how would the Strange Souvenir be linked to Jirachi ? The description of the object says that it's supposed to depict a particular Pokémon, yet it looks like no known one.

My opinion is that there is a place we can't access right now (a place like the Sinjoh Ruins, or any other event places, but maybe a bit bigger) that holds new Pokémon (like the mysterious Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa). In order to access it, we would have to download something like a train ticket via Mystery Gift.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Colosseum and XD where set in the Orre region (which is based of Phoenix, Arizona), but how would the Strange Souvenir be linked to Jirachi ? The description of the object says that it's supposed to depict a particular Pokémon, yet it looks like no known one.

My opinion is that there is a place we can't access right now (a place like the Sinjoh Ruins, or any other event places, but maybe a bit bigger) that holds new Pokémon (like the mysterious Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa). In order to access it, we would have to download something like a train ticket via Mystery Gift.

that what thinking going to happen. it waste a Resource just use one train to go to friend sarfari area

Years
Saw this on facebook. It may or may not be a hint to a future DLC/extra that leads you to a new region, but take it as you will....

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Saw this on facebook. It may or may not be a hint to a future DLC/extra that leads you to a new region, but take it as you will....

Spoiler:

what if that region part met trade a pokemon with a berry from Japan to USA somehow change the berry to somthing else

Back