• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Akuroma

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
This researcher? Well, whatever he's up to, it's probably something that might throw us in a loop. Sure, he does look like he's evil or somesuch, but there's no definitive proof. And what he does doesn't ring any alarm bells when you consider the World Tournament, but there's still a bit of doubt.

All might become clear within a month's time or, if a leak does happen, a bit earlier. :) The only thing I don't want is for him to have no plot resolution.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I don't think that hes part of team plasma. Unless he's lying in this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U
Its the subbed version of the intro movie, and it reveals that he goes against team plasma. Skip to 1:23 to see it. But he could be hiding things. I don't think he started the world tournament like speculated, I think that he is part of his own evil plot that somehow interferes with team plasma. Or something along those lines.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Could be something that only appears at a time of day though, maybe like a post-game thing where he just appears, kinda like how the Royal Unova happens at a certain time of day. Just idk chances are it could not even be a part of the story and rather gives context to something else. I wouldn't put that past GF.
Well, I think it's more on the lines of the automated events. Since I think the event in the animation is based on one of the scans we've seen, etc;
tumblr_m46ca5EJn11r2y7r9o1_250.png

tumblr_m46ca5EJn11r2y7r9o2_500.gif

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Well, I think it's more on the lines of the automated events. Since I think the event in the animation is based on one of the scans we've seen, etc;

Oh wow I skipped that. :( So annoying! I wonder why he's in Castelia specifically though, maybe he lives in the city and just comes out to talk to the player as they're walking through to stop them from going any further (in which case he'd be kind/a good person, which is weird).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Honestly I think he may just act like a good character throughout, but has ulterior motives. :[

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I just realized with the cresent moon that Akuroma's hair looks like cresent...
Anyways the scene at the night sure does nothing to make him look anything but suspicious. Perhaps Akuroma isn't evil per say but just selfish, perhaps he's even like an adult rival.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:7195799 said:
I just realized with the cresent moon that Akuroma's hair looks like cresent...
Anyways the scene at the night sure does nothing to make him look anything but suspicious. Perhaps Akuroma isn't evil per say but just selfish, perhaps he's even like an adult rival.
Well it could also be that he has different plans in mind for Plasma and is using them for it -- doesn't know consequences and is selfish with everything that happened.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It'll be nice to hopefully see a character with a little bit of moral flexibility; it certainly breaks the traditional mould of everyone being completely good or completely evil. This guy's probably the most interesting character that I'm looking forward to, based on the details we've been told so far.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Akuroma is a very confusing character. His hair and design seems more evil, while in game pics show a more friendly expression. I guess we will find out in the games when we get them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It'll be nice to hopefully see a character with a little bit of moral flexibility; it certainly breaks the traditional mould of everyone being completely good or completely evil. This guy's probably the most interesting character that I'm looking forward to, based on the details we've been told so far.
Well N was sort of morally flexible.
We really shouldn't get our hopes up too high, he might end up disappointing us...
Also Akuroma might just be the mysterious good guy...

Years
Or Akuroma could be the secret antagonist of the games. Fattening up the cow (you) for the slaughter. "Oh, have some berries for your Pokemon. Use them in battles in tight pinches to pull through!" *later* "Now have a battle w/ my Lv.100 Hydreigon. Mhahahahah... did the berries help you?"
If, Akuroma is neutral then could he be helping the protagonist along the way, yet also assisting the remnants of Team Plasma.
And if he's a straight up helper (doesn't seem like it) then he has been placed in the "Hall of Derpiness". I mean come on, all this hype for him and that's what we get? A derpy helper who only looks cool?
Or he could be another slave of Ghetsis. Or his grandson. Or his brother. Or, let me stop this.
Either way, we can expect a bit from him. The story line seems to be a bit dependent on him. I am curious about his title of "Researcher". Any thought on that? And his hairdo?

Random mugshots of Ghetsis and his team. I wonder if he'll keep his team.

droomph

weeb
Years

I know we've already translated this a million times, but me doing it myself just helps me form my opinion better.

"I am Akuroma, an important Scientist." Now what "Iyashikkei!" means...

...Google says, "No disrespect!" So...he seems nice enough...but then again, evil people don't necessarily disrespect everyone on first sight, and Japanese people are known for their politeness.

Also...Akuroma in Hiragana means "bad road between", so it seems...so his name...probably reveals that he's some sort of meh guy who helps you, although leaning dangerously close to the evil side....

:D

I don't know. This doesn't reveal anything about Akuroma, other than that he's a scientist/researcher.

There, that's my view of Akuroma. Although as with common speculation, I think he's going to be some sort of meeeehhhhhh but slightly evil helper.

And the other screenshot..."I made a tool that activates the Pokémon..."

Yep, definitely some level of bad.

...So basically I've repeated everything that everyone else has said, right?

Years
I see him as somewhat of a neutral character for some reason. He's described as being mysterious and difficult to read; most "good" and "bad" characters aren't necessarily mysterious. He seems to be a character that is trying to reach a goal and is willing to do what is needed to get to it. This is why I see him as a neutral figure.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
genetic modification? biological and ethical issues? if this is really the theme, I applaud Game Freak for having such a really awesome theme.

anyway, first impression I got of Akuroma (Chrome anyone?), I thought he's the new professor. I guess, I was wrong. but i still couldn't see Akuroma as that bad bad guy. Yes, he might have some bad intentions, bu I am guessing he's more like the "anything for the love of science" type of guy. I am guessing neutral for him.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I see him as somewhat of a neutral character for some reason. He's described as being mysterious and difficult to read; most "good" and "bad" characters aren't necessarily mysterious. He seems to be a character that is trying to reach a goal and is willing to do what is needed to get to it. This is why I see him as a neutral figure.

Ghetsis was bad and I'd consider him pretty mysterious for the most part. What also implies that for me is kinda his design, he looks evil, rather than looks mysterious. Sooo although one may not be the reason for the other, it kinda fits.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
Anyone notice this in the new trailer?

Untitled-3.png

He's standing over a Plasma symbol. So he's either trying to help us stop them, or he's actually with them. And in my opinion, it looks like he's at the head of some sort of Plasma control centre.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
That proves it, he's with Plasma, I mean that's pretty much a control panel, and he's a researcher/scientist, why else would he be standing at it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Why would he be there? He's a part of Team Plasma, or he's trying to hack into their database or something like that.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I think that trailer does not reveal much really. There had been many instances wherein a main character goes in an enemy hideout. But, considering Akuroma's intentions, it is more likely he heads a plasma outlet.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Akuroma is, in my opinion, something like Team Plasma's head researcher. Team Plasma needs a person with a mental capability, which the team originally lacked. Akoruma's clothes do seems to fit Team Plasma's bill pretty well when you come to think of it.

Back