• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you/did you have sleepovers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I remember going to my friend's birthday party for a sleepover for his 9th and 10th birthdays, and I had 2 or three more with one of my friends in middle school. I've also had probably a dozen sleepovers with my cousin, ranging from about the time I was 7 up until once earlier this year. Although now that I think about it, many of those were pulling all-nighters, so they might have been better described as sleeplessovers.

Years
Yeh, I did have a couple and went to my friends houses, but I didn't do them very often... not really sure why, I just never did.​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't see what's wrong with people spending the night at eachother's house when they're past thirteen haha. Just don't call it a 'sleepover' if you think the term is kiddish.

Anyways, I used to spend the night at my friend's house all the time. It was usually my best friend's house but occasionally i would spend the night at another friend's house as well. These days though it's typically during Convention times when we need to stay in one house to make traveling easier.

Though I didn't always like sleepovers/spending the night. First time I had one I cried even though I was only across the street. Quickly got used to it though.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
... Anyway I say sleepovers only until 13 then clearly your too old for one.

I don't see why it should end at 13 xD
I had many sleepovers, especially when I was around 14-17 and now being 18, I'd gladly have some others with my friends :D
....I also may have forgotten my DS that had my Black copy in it at my friend's house, which makes me really sad ;^;
But sleepovers are still fun <3

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I only really slept over at my grandparents' house with my cousin, that or my cousin would come stay at my house (sometimes for weeks in the summer). These days I only sleep over at my grandmother's for New Year's Eve.

I've only had a couple sleepovers besides that. One was in second grade, when I went to my friend Shelby's house. I remember that one especially because we went to the beach the next morning and tiny me got bowled over by a wave and woke up underwater :(

Then, for my birthday this year, my friend Amanda ended up sleeping over at my house for the first time. We watched anime all night and ate summer sausage for breakfast (at 4pm) :P I hope we do it again soon, I haven't seen her lately.

This past July my best friend Alex slept over for the first time also. We always wanted to sleep at each other's houses, but we never really did because of the "boys can't sleep over" thing, but now that we're old our parents said we could. We're having another one in a couple weeks when he comes home from college!

Now...my sister, on the other hand, has sleepovers a lot for her birthday, and since I'm friends with her friends, it's just a huge party!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
As a little kid the opportunity never came up. Always seemed like more of a girl activity, so no boys I knew ever tried to set up a sleep over

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I had sleepovers, heck I still have plenty of sleepovers! So much fun pillow fighting and watching movies and eating lollies all night! I know I'm immature now stop laughing and go away:P

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I never really had any when I was younger and I wouldn't really call them sleepovers now as we tend not to sleep and just pull all nighters playing various video games.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
never had sleepovers! :( :(
my freinds and i planned some but our parents didn't allow. :( :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I think I went to one when I was about 5-or-6, but my memory of that time is hazy at best and non-existent at worst. I can definitely remember refusing to have one of my own whenever my parents brought up the possibility. Something about them just seemed kinda weird to 6-year-old me. Why would you want to spend time out of your bed in a house that's not yours? Stuff like that went through my head a lot as a child! :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
My best friend stayed the night here several times, but we stayed up till about 7-9AM in the morning playing Mario Kart Wii online, Brawl, Mario Party 9 or simply just board games & Uno lolol. Some movies are played as well, heck, my friend & I even played to watch all night of Anime on TV someday but we're always busy playing some games x)

I have lots of nieces & nephews, 27 of them to be exact, the older nephews stayed the night here quite often on the weekends, bringing their PS3 & stuff. So if they count, yeah, I always have sleepovers like twice a month x) Of course I have a second bed in my room for anyone who stays a night..so no one would have to walk to the living couch to sleep, unless if they wanted to x)

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I have never been allowed to have sleepovers, but my niece comes for lots of them which I find totally unfair.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
When I was little I used to have them every month or two, but as I got older I kinda grew out of it.

Last sleepover I had was when my boyfriend stayed with me for a week, if that counts?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I sleep over my cousins place sometimes. Mostly during the christmas holidays.
When I was small I used to sleep over my childhood friend's place. We used to play Halo, Diablo and Pokemon. Staying up late until 2am at that time was like ermergherd for me haha.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I almost had my first sleepover. That was, like, five years ago, and I'm only eleven.
My school was having this star-gazing event and we were to sleep in the school, but before my mom dropped me off, I changed my mind. I was like, "What was I thinking? I can't sleep without my mom." End of story.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I've never had a real sleepover, just cousins sleeping in my room when they were over visiting. We didn't stay up late, we didn't tell stories, and we didn't eat all kinds of treats. Normal day at the house, just with more people.

I've never been much of a social butterfly. It's unfortunate.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I don't think a sleepover is childish,tis merely the gathering of friends for a night of mirth.

No,was never really allowed to/got the chance. :/

And i'm a bit of a wallflower now. -.-'

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
I went over to friends houses and spent the night at friends houses occasionaly when I was in elementary school and a lot more once I got into middle school. In High School we didnt really have sleepovers so much as go over to friends house, get drunk/high, pass out, wake up and go home. I dont think you ever get too old for sleepovers.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Sleepovers were the greatest when I was a little kid, but it seems weird to be having them at 18 years old. Now I just venture out to parties and pass out in bushes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back