• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark nodded and listened to what Sammy had to teach. The first step was going over vital points of his body that would be targeted in a self defense situation. Mark flinched a little when she pointed at his eyes, almost sure she would start poking them. He'd have to get better at that. She continued going over the most vulnerable areas. Ears, neck, eyes, node, legs, knees, and groin. Mark blinked a bit as she pointed toward his groin but he got the idea.

She had a good point. There wasn't room for Honor in self defense. If he were attacked, Mark would need to do anything necessary to stay alive. Mark understood all of this clearly. The next question were techniques. What he could do to prevent alot of this from happening.

"Understood. How should I defend myself from attacks toward these places? I'm sure every opponent will have a different means but how should I prepare?" Mark asked.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn was surprised by her depressing logic. All of a sudden she started hitting herself in the head. He quickly stands up, grabbing her arms before hitting herself more. "Kayla, thats one thing I won't let you do," he said sternly, "I love you too much to let you get hurt!"

As soon as he said that, he suddenly felt awkward and embarrassed. He never said that to a girl before, especially one that looked as cute as Kayla. He never even knew her feelings for him! "I mean," he said, clearing his throat and looking down, "hurting yourself will get you nowhere. Your intelligence is a gift. Why don't you apply that knowledge to help you with your problem?"

He kept hold of her arms as he simply stood there, waiting for her response. The tension he was feeling was palpable as knots formed in his stomach.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla stared at Shawn, her face completely red. "Y-You love me?" she asked. She blushed even more. "I-I..." She pulled away from Shawn and grabbed her crutches. "I should go..." She stood up shakily and whimpered when the room started to spin around her. Shadow stared at her and floated in front of her. Kayla glared at him, her face still red. "Get away!" she said, raising a crutch and swinging it at the ghost. She gasped when it went through the Gastly and fell to the ground. Kayla blushed more, if that was even possible, and looked up at Shawn. "I-I think I love you, too..." she mumbled, letting her hair cover her face. I guess Haru didn't need to try to set me up with someone after all...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Bai Kong​

Bai smiled gratefully at Zen after they teleported inside the correct classroom. "Thanks, I probably would have gotten lost on the way and then I'd probably look like a horrible teacher. And, you're free to stay if you would like.

Bai surveyed the classroom and found it to be rather reminiscent to some of the mangas she had read; it was a typical classroom with thirty desks and a chalkboard, as well as a teacher's desk. There were no windows though, probably to stop wandering eyes from glancing outside in a daze, but the room seemed rather spacious.

As soon as Bai had finished surveying the room, a trickle of students walked in, some of them looking to be just a few years younger than her, but obviously lacking in hard core experience judging from their body posture and their walk. Bai immediately picked up on one male student who seemed to be hiding his expertise in his walk and frowned slightly.

When everyone was sitting down, Bai sat down on top of her desk and faced the younger teenagers with a smile. "Hi, everyone, my name is Bai Kong, but you can call me Bai lao shi or Bai-sensei depending on your preference. As you all very well know from your schedule, this class is 'Journeys: Survival Techniques, Wild Pokemon, Gym Leaders, Roaming Legendary Pokemon, and the occasional Bad Team,' but since this is our first class together, I thought we could start off with a question or answer class, either about me, any regions, or any questions you would have on the curriculum."

Also, if you would like to introduce yourself, Zen, it would be up to you, but if you don't want to interact with anyone, that's fine.

"How old are you, Bai-sensei?" asked one of the girls that was sitting in the front.

"I am currently nineteen," answered Bai easily and then nodded to one of the boys who raised his hand. "Yes?"

"You're only a few years older than us, so why are you teaching us?" asked the boy rudely.

"I've travelled through all of the regions, including Orre, and I competed and was the runner-up in the Masters' Tournament," stated Bai calmly. "I have nine years of experience travelling. Who better to teach?"

The boy looked away, abashed. Another girl pipped up. "Are we going to have any homework?"

"That largely depends on you as a class. If I believe that the majority of the class isn't understanding the lesson and it is something that can be practised outside of class, then, yes, there will be homework. However, if it is a small minority that needs help, that minority may meet with me in private for more personalised help and the rest of the class will not have homework," stated Bai with a smile.

"What exactly will we learn about journeys?" asked a male in the front.

"Whatever I feel is necessary for you to survive," Bai stated seriously. "This will pretty much be a jack-of-all-trades class, where we will talk about anything and everything. If there is a subject that you have questions on or you would like to go over, you can take it up in class and we will spend a lesson going over it, but, otherwise, this will be lessons that I have planned. Any other questions?"

siiadams

Years

Shawn smiled when she said, "I think I love you too." However, it seemed that Kayla was trying to walk out. Gastly intercepted her, however, allowing him to get to her. "You're still not well. You need to rest more," he stated, leading her back to her bed. He took her crutches and layed her down. The crutches found a new home in a closet as far from her as possible.

"I'm sorry," he said to Kayla, "but until you're better, I don't want you leaving this room." He looked to the Gastly and nodded, mouthing the words "Thank you", before walking back to Kayla's bed. "Well, since I'm here, is there anything I can get for you?" he asked, trying his best to help her out.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage,: The Academy

"Ha, I'm not gonna let you win that easy" Clumsy replied smiling. Heading off in a sprint with her. Slowly passing her up.

Surprised, Iny tried to push herself even faster, Which only results in her almost tripping all over herself. "Dang it! I can't let him win!" She says, Unable to push herself further without almost tripping.

"Good race, I didn't know you were that fast" Clumsy said, Obviously out of breath.

Watching him slow down she knew the race was over, "I told you it was fair! My short legs can only carry me so fast" She complains a bit, Still catching her breath. "I would have won if I sprinted sooner" She thinks to herself "He's Exhausted"

"So, shall we head to this class then?" he added.

"Well I hope you know where it is, I don't have the slightest clue." She states, Her breathing reverting back to normal mostly.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
295332_364632546975737_188531419_n.jpg
Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn smiled to herself as class for today was question and answer as she put her sketch book away and called her togekiss back, letting Jazz sit by her feet. That's great, I have so many questions she thought listening to the others students questions. The first student a girl asked Bai-sensei how old she was, and the teacher answered that she was 19. Right after a boy rudely asked why she was teaching them and looked abashed after her answer. When the question on homework was given the answer was that it depended on them as a class. The last question asking what they would learn about journeys.

Good no one asked my question Rosalyn thought shifting in her chair and wincing as her injured foot brushed against her crutches which were laid on the ground next to her. "Bai-sensei, I traveled through both Kanto and Johto as an artist last year, could you tell me what the Hoenn regions like? That's were I'd like to travel in next"

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || The Academy

"Well I hope you know where it is, I don't have the slightest clue." Iny stated as both her and Conor's breathing returned to normal. "Nope! I don't have the slightest idea" Conor laughed as he reached into his pocket for a sheet of paper. "Hmm, I'm not sure where this class is. I suppose we could just wander around until we find the classroom? I can't think of a better idea."

Conor placed the sheet back in his pocket and turned towards the Academy. "Let's check these classroom doors and see what they say." As Conor stepped just inside the doors he looked around at the different classroom names. "Wait look … at the bottom of the hall there. 'Practical Battling, Mr. Alta.' That's us!"

Conor turned around, looked at Iny and smiled. "Well here we go. You ready?"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Bai Kong​

"The Hoenn region has a very warm climate, much warmer than the other regions, barring Orre and maybe Unova; although, Unova has more of an unnatural heat. The route conditions are generally very hazardous if you don't know what's going to come: in one route, the only way to cross would be swimming through parts of an ocean, but then in the next route, there's a desert and then there's a huge forest. It is a beautiful region though and it is well renowned for its Pokemon contests, if you are interested in those sorts of things. It would be very good to have Pokemon that can use Surf or Fly in Hoenn, mainly for crossing the ocean and, perhaps, flying over some of the more thicker forests. Generally, in Hoenn, I would be prepared for any weather and route conditions that may come your way," concluded Bai. "Of course, that goes for the same in all of the regions, but very much more so in Hoenn."

"Hey, Bai-sensei," called out a guy from the back, "what kind of Pokemon do ya got?"

"Currently, I have my Unova team on me, but I do have more Pokemon in my PC account," stated Bai before grinning. "As for the specific kind, now, that would be telling."

"Have you seen any legendary Pokemon?" asked a girl in the middle quietly.

Bai nodded. "I have seen quite a lot. All together, I have seen eighteen legendary Pokemon."

Immediately, there was an outburst.

"Which ones?!"

"Where did you see them?!"

"Did you capture any of them?!"

Bai held up a hand for silence and, wanting to hear more, the class settled down. "I would rather not go into the huge list of which legendary Pokemon I have seen, but I have seen them in my various travels throughout the regions. And, no, I did not capture any of the legendary Pokemon. I did not want to disrespect any of them by trying to force them, which is what I would be doing if I did capture them, into listening to me. I will say this: if you are meant to capture a legendary Pokemon or be the companion to a legendary Pokemon, they will come to you and they will let you know through various means. If you just stumble upon them and take that as an okay to capture them, you will be thoroughly trounced by the legendaries. I have seen this happen to other trainers and I would rather like it if you all did not make the same mistakes. Also, if you see a hostile legendary Pokemon and you were the cause for the hostility, you apologise with a sincere heart and hope for the best because, if you are sincere enough, you may be able to scoot through with everything intact as legendary Pokemon are not supposed to attack humans without a cause. If you see a hostile legendary Pokemon and you were not the cause for the hostility and it is because the legendary Pokemon in and of itself is hostile, you run. Don't try to be brave, don't try to fight it, you run or you die."

Bai's serious, experienced eyes glanced at every one of the young trainers' eyes in the classroom, imparting the sincerity and serious nature of the advice.

After meeting everyone's eyes, Bai smiled. "Any other questions?"

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla frowned. "Fine..." she muttered. She sighed softly and looked up at Shawn. "I don't think that there's anything that you can do..." She watched Shadow float back into the corner and sighed again. "Just don't leave... Please..." Kayla looked up at Shawn with puppy-dog eyes. She heard the door open and turned around, frowning when she saw the nurse holding a tray of medicine. "You need to take your medicine," she said softly. Kayla pouted and turned her head away. "No," she said softly. The nurse frowned. "You have to take your medicine in order to get better," she whispered. Kayla shook her head stubbornly. "No."

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
DERRICK
INSIDE:
234.gif

443.gif

592.gif
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

Derrick Fastolf

???
Theme: ???

"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!"

Derrick volted and bashed across the school ground. Had he wandered for god-knows-how long when he realized that this island is a school. And as with all schools, there are classes to attend. Classes, which he was probably late to...

Needless to say, he wasn't having a blast of a time as he dashed across the halls of the school buildings. His left hand holding a chunk of paper. "Journeys" is read in it. And while he now knew which class he had to attend, he was far from finding its respective classroom. And the passersby were no help, either:

"Yo, watch it!"

"Let's go get a soda or something!"

"HEY, I just met you (dun dun dun), and this is crazy (dun dun dun), but here's my number, so call me maybe?"

"Oh, HELL no!" was always his reply, which was then responded by an insult, a "how rude!" or in some instances, both. And finally, there it was, the Arceus blesses door, with its sacred rectangular shape that upon being opened would reveal a promised land filled with chairs and with a teacher on the inside.

"Um... is this the Journeys class?" He asks as to make sure that it IS the right classroom to the female figure that he realizes in front of several students. The class has probably begun.

Hello there.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Adrian Steele -- Journeys Class

Adrian had made good time to the classroom, and quietly took a seat. Supernova had insisted in remaining outside of her ball, so he hadn't forced the point on her.

Instead on asking questions, Adrian made a concerted effort to study this teacher. He noticed right off the bat that the teacher seemed to hold some obvious experience in dealing with harsh situations, as well as experienced her fair share of triumphs. It's to be expected that she's got a familiarity with these things. He wondered whether she was as familiar with pain as he was, though.

Supernova pointedly made a very low buzzing sound that snapped Adrian back to attention of his surroundings. Adrian thought of his question, and decided to make a good one. Besides, he wanted to get a measure of what kind of person she was before he even thought of opening up to her.

It wasn't doubtful that she knew of his condition, but he had to find out anyway. "How would you deal with total defeat, and the fear or terror that follows?"

"You sure you had to go off and have her tell of a brush with mortality? That's a bit cruel, even for you. Sure, you know these things, but what do you hope to gain by this?" Supernova knew that only Adrian in this classroom (aside from the Gardevoir and assorted Pokémon) could understand her, so she took full advantage of it.

However, Adrian didn't have such a luxury. He knew that this was a rare moment when the Volcarona was being completely intelligent and serious about something, so he had to respond somehow... but it would have to come later. As such, he simply gave her a look which told her that the upcoming events would tell her everything.

siiadams

Years

Shawn smiled, but shook his head when Kayla wouldn't take her medicine. He went back to her side, gently kissing her cheek and whispering in her ear, "You know, I'd really like to take you on a date, but we can't do that if you're still here. So you'll have to take your medicine first in order to get out."

He smiled as he pulled back away from her. "And you won't have to worry. I'm not going to leave your side for anything," Shawn said to her, allowing the nurse to come forward with Kayla's medication.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla blushed and smiled. "A date?" she mouthed. She looked at the nurse. "Give me that medicine!" she said excitedly. The nurse tilted her head. "Alright," she said uncertainly. She handed Kayla the pills and a glass of water. Kayla smiled and took the pills quickly. She looked up at Shawn, her eyes sparkling. "Do you really mean it?" she asked. "Are you really going to take me out on a date?" The nurse giggled and walked out of the room. Kayla felt a Pokeball shaking and gasped when Primrose popped out. The mouse squeaked and looked up at Kayla sadly, her eyes begging for forgiveness. Kayla sighed. "You're forgiven," she whispered. She looked back up at Shawn and smiled.

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla blushed and smiled. "A date?" she mouthed. She looked at the nurse. "Give me that medicine!" she said excitedly. The nurse tilted her head. "Alright," she said uncertainly. She handed Kayla the pills and a glass of water. Kayla smiled and took the pills quickly. She looked up at Shawn, her eyes sparkling. "Do you really mean it?" she asked. "Are you really going to take me out on a date?" The nurse giggled and walked out of the room. Kayla felt a Pokeball shaking and gasped when Primrose popped out. The mouse squeaked and looked up at Kayla sadly, her eyes begging for forgiveness. Kayla sighed. "You're forgiven," she whispered. She looked back up at Shawn and smiled.

Last edited:

siiadams

Years

Shawn smiled largely as he watched Kayla take her medicine. A pichu suddenly comes out of one of her pokeballs, which she had forgiven. Was that the pichu that caused Holly to be paralyzed? Its ok, he had another idea to think about. He had to figure out where to take her on their date that he promised. She, though, seemed skeptical about it.

"You think I'd lie to you?" he asked her, smiling all the while. "When the nurse says you're well enough to leave, you and I will go out to celebrate...just the two of us." He walked to her, placing a hand on her cheek. "Is there anything in particular that you'd want to do?" he asked her, wondering what she liked to do.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Lugia Dorm
511.png
17.png
352.png
559.png
+ Helioptile

Dex opened the door and found nothing inside, except a double-decked bed and cobwebs. He has Pan and Scrag, his newly caught Pokemon out. "What is this place?" It looked like a normal room, but something seemed to make the air pretty heavy to breath in. "What'd you reckon this is, Pan?" His Pokemon just shrugged. Dex looked around the room. There were empty picture frames still standing on the bedside table. Dex picked one up. "This looked pretty old to me," he said. He tried the drawers but they were locked. He tried opening the cabinet and what he saw surprised him.

A Gengar stepped out, laughing mischievously. "So that's the reason for the Gastlys," Dex mumbled under his breath. The Gengar prepared a Focus Blast. "Run!"

Last edited:
Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled. "Well..." She looked down at the ground and picked at the bed cover in thought. "Maybe we could go on a double-date with my cousin and her boyfriend... It would be a lot of fun..." She smiled. "We could decide where to go with them... I bet Holly wouldn't mind!" Kayla pecked Shawn's cheek. "I feel better already, though... Can't we leave now? Or at least after class?" She kissed Shawn's lips softly and grabbed his hand.

Primrose jumped to the ground and crawled under the bed. She gasped when she saw Rosemary curled up into a ball, her eyes squeezed shut tightly. "What are you doing?" Primrose asked. Rosemary jumped and opened her eyes. "That Gastly scares me," she whispered. "I'm hiding from him..." Primrose sighed and grabbed Rosemary's tail and started to pull on it, frowning when the kitten started to shriek.

Years

Zayne Alta

Zayne had been sitting back in his classroom for less than ten minutes when the first of his students for the second class showed up - a rude one.
"Hey, Mr. Alta, when can we start?!" the boy said loudly and impatiently upon entering the room - despite he being the only one to have arrived at that time.
What a rude and impatient child... Zayne thought to himself, despite not being that much older all things considered. Zayne responded, trying to keep his eye twitching with annoyance
"No, we cannot start now. I have a full class of students I'm waiting on, each and every one of which are just as important as you. Besides, if I started now not only would I have to explain everything a second time over I would quite probably be left with a disruptive student finished before the others. Not that any of this matters as you will need to work with a partner for today's lesson anyway. What you can do is collect a copy of Pokemon Analysis from the shelf in the back of the room and choose one pokemon, preferably a smaller one, to use for the upcoming tasks." Upon finishing dealing with his student it occurred to Zayne that he had forgotten to follow through with his punishment of the two late students earlier
Oops... I best be sure not to forget any more, especially with that one around.

Soon enough the rest of his class began to trickle in to the classroom, Zayne took note of the ones that seemed enthusiastic and the ones that looked like they could become troublesome, not that he was foolish enough to believe first impressions were everything. Once the class had all entered the room Zayne began giving out instructions, again hoping his young eighteen years of age didn't cause any trouble.
"Okay, for those of you who have just arrived. I am Mr. Alta and I will be your teacher for this class. Please take a copy of Pokemon Analysis from the back of the room and select a pokemon for the lesson, preferably a smaller one since space is limited." Zayne waited patiently for his students to follow the instructions and get seated before continuing to explain the lesson - a variation on the one he had taught earlier "Now then, before I explain your first task for this lesson I'm going to explain something about this class. This class is not called Practical Battling because it consists of nothing but learning through experience, this class is called Practical Battling because it teachers you practicality on the battlefield - using the field to your advantage, knowing your enemy and making rational decisions. For the entirety of this lesson you will be working with a partner -" Zayne caught several students already moving to team up with friends "- don't move yet."

Zayne waited for the impatient students to return to their seats before continuing his explanation
"For the first task you and your partner, using the book for guidance but also using your own knowledge and common sense, will analyse the pokemon the other has chosen. You are expected to write down all of your observations - think of things like abilities, anatomy, personality, anything you notice. Now you can move."
I'm getting the hang of this now I think.

Sylvia Hanson

Sylvia rushed from the icy fields towards the academy, stopping only to feed a pecha berry to Shiva, at a sprint.
I let that battle go on way too long!!! Suffice to say the suicune dorm student was pushed for time on her way to her class. Thankfully though her earlier sour mood had improved dramatically with the opportunity to blow of steam in her battle - although she wasn't going to consider two strange people who had nearly injured her friends in the near future she was grateful to the two boys.

Sylvia reached the academy building and rushed through the doors, ignoring the receptionists reminder not to run in the halls.
I do not want to be late, even if this class will probably end up boring it could be very useful. She soon enough reached the door to the class she was supposed to be attending. Checking the time before entering she sighed, she was only a minute over the time written on her timetable - probably nothing to worry about. She opened the door to see that most of the class was already assembled and took a seat towards the middle of the class - apologizing for her near tardiness as she did so.
Well... here we go.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: The Academy

"Nope! I don't have the slightest idea" He said, Pulling out a sheet of paper.

"Dang it! We're gonna be so late..." Iny says out loud, Searching her bag for her own schedule.

"Hmm, I'm not sure where this class is. I suppose we could just wander around until we find the classroom? I can't think of a better idea." said Clumsy.

Iny let out a deep sigh and somberly replies "Yeah, I guess so... Lead the way." She says as she waves her arms out in an "After you" Gesture.

"Wait look … at the bottom of the hall there. 'Practical Battling, Mr. Alta.' That's us!" He said, Turning around, He looked at Iny and smiled. "Well here we go. You ready?"

"Oh thank god!" Iny states sounding happy "Now instead of missing the class, we'll be really really late." She adds after sarcastically. "Its not like I would have found it though..." She thinks to herself.

"Well anyway, Lets hurry up" She says, Pulling clumsy along by the arm.

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike, after listening to Mr. Alta's mini-lecture, went to the back of the room for the book. "Hmmmm...what should I choose..." Mike searched through the pages until he found the perfect Pokemon. "Cool, a Squirtle! Squirts used to be one of those!" Mike then sat in the back and waited until the rest arrived. Mike then looked for a partner to pair up with. Who here isn't paired up yet?!

Last edited:
Back