• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:Blackstar Battalion:.

Chaxmonster

Grand Duke of Hell
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
title_zpseb516497.png

Introduction:
Hello and welcome all to the official "Blackstar Battalion" thread.
What is the Blackstar Battalion, you may ask? Quite simply, a team organized in the production of pokemon rom hacks.
You see, since long, I've been thinking long and hard about producing my own pokémon game, with my own captivating story, fakemon, etc in an easily accessible format.
And a Rom Hack is just what I need!
Unfortunately though, I'm not a one man army when it comes to developing rom hacks.
I've got basic experience with the tools of the trade but I'm by no means a veteran.
My strongest point would probably be story writing as I have written novels before and have some experience in that area, though as far my as my other skills go, I'm able to sprite, map, produce graphics and possibly something else if I get down to learning it.
I've seen a few High Quality rom hacks with a great twist on storyline, which really captivated my full attention and made me enjoy a whole new adventure with some old pals.
So I thought I'd give it a go myself and gather up a group of dedicated people, who'd also love to have their filling in the world of game production or in this case rom hacking.
So I hope all the amazingly talented people on the forum enjoyed my little tale and would lend a help to the clueless fellow, that is me.

Positions to fill:
Co-Writer
Scripter
Spriter
Mapper
Tile Inserter
Tile Creator
OW Spriter
Move Creator
Composer/Able to compose and change music tracks
Title Screen developer
Co-Designer
Advertiser/Beta-Tester

Application form:
Code:
Nickname/Referred to as:
Skill/s(Specify):
Proof of your work:
Availability:
Past experience/s:
Contact information:
Motivation to join:

Team Roster:
Chaxmonster: Team leader/Writer/Spriter/Mapper/Designer
fatmanjumprope: Beta Tester/Mapper

Current Projects:
Pokémon: Requiem of a Night.

B.I.O:
Base rom: Fire red.
% Complete: Fresh.
Part of a series? Yes.

Plot:
Several hundred years ago the world had suffered a cataclysm event which almost wiped every single creature to inhabit it and set the world in eternal frost, setting the dead planet to slumber as it slowly dissappeared. But a man, a being of great power referred to in legend as "Z" had provoked the unwielding dark forces captivating the world to duel him for what was "the fate of living".
Having miraculously triumphed over the forces which held control over the tiny planet, the man had awakened a shadow creature from within the planet's frosted crust to come to him.
The creature pleased with the triump of the man came up to him and stabbed him in the chest with it's right arm, ripping apart his soul from his body. It burnt the soul in dark blue flames and absorbed what was left, then crushed the man's body and swallowed it.
The creature then crumbled in to frosted dust and disappeared, while the world slowly returned to it's normal state.
Now in the present, a young hero will face through the same event once more, this time under the name of "Requiem". Challenged with a grave task at hand, the young hero slowly discovers his hidden abilities and takes on the shape of a great mystical warrior, come to save the world from this unknown threat that wants to turn it to ruin. A clash of fates appears as the young hero soon realises that his greatest friend had taken kin to the monster that wants the world gone.
Will the hero be able to save the world and at what cost?

Current Features:
Day & Night.
3 Main story paths, pick your poison.
Challenging gameplay.
Fakemon.
Post game storyline.
2 Endings, choose or lose.
2 Leagues and 17 Gym Leaders, 1 being the ultimate gym leader, granting you access to special events such as legendaries.
2 Regions to explore.
3 Opposing teams.

Note: B.I.O = Basic Information Outline

Project Suggestions:
None.

Polls/Discussions:
None.

Graphics:
Here go the banners, userbars, headers, etc.

-------------------------------------------------

WELP, I certainly hope that was good enough of an introduction and that I got some people interested in my ideas. A small thing to note would be, when adding you to the team roster, you're free to choose whether you wanna be added by your username or nickname and what color and/or text effects you'd like your name to be highlighted with.
That is all~

Last edited:

fatmanjumprope

黒雷 神 エネル
Years
Nickname/Referred to as: fatman or fatmanjumprope (fatmanjumprope for credit purposes)

Skill/s(Specify): Beta testing and small amounts of mapping

Proof of your work: none yet

Availability: almost always

Past experience/s: none yet

Contact information: Here or you can email me [email protected]

Motivation to join: I've been wanting to get involved in a hack project for a while now. I just don't have the motivation to
work on my own at the moment. I've done a decent amount of mapping in the past and have a small amount of naturalization
practice on maps. I don't think I'm cut out for head mapper but if you need additional mapping assistince I can offer mine.
I'm primarily applying for beta tester. I tend to pay close attention to detail when I play hacks. Almost every hack I've
played I manage to find some text or tile error that was skipped over or missed before the final release. If you have any
additional questions or just want to chat a little feel free to send me a message!

Lali

Beauty Trainer
Years
Nickname/Referred to as: Lali
Skill/s(Specify): Tile inserting
Proof of your work: I'll PM it to you if asked
Availability: For now anytime
Past experience/s: worked by my self working on my own hack
Contact information: Skype
Motivation to join: Just want to help and learn new things about hacking from others

Chaxmonster

Grand Duke of Hell
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Nickname/Referred to as: fatman or fatmanjumprope (fatmanjumprope for credit purposes)

Skill/s(Specify): Beta testing and small amounts of mapping

Proof of your work: none yet

Availability: almost always

Past experience/s: none yet

Contact information: Here or you can email me [email protected]

Motivation to join: I've been wanting to get involved in a hack project for a while now. I just don't have the motivation to
work on my own at the moment. I've done a decent amount of mapping in the past and have a small amount of naturalization
practice on maps. I don't think I'm cut out for head mapper but if you need additional mapping assistince I can offer mine.
I'm primarily applying for beta tester. I tend to pay close attention to detail when I play hacks. Almost every hack I've
played I manage to find some text or tile error that was skipped over or missed before the final release. If you have any
additional questions or just want to chat a little feel free to send me a message!

Accepted, every helping hand is welcome to join!
Although fatman it may be a while till we can start mapping, since I'll need to get a tile inserter or insert some tiles myself, as to not glitch out the maps beforehand.
If you wish to discuss features story & gameplays wise, I'm always up for it.

Nickname/Referred to as: Lali
Skill/s(Specify): Tile inserting
Proof of your work: I'll PM it to you if asked
Availability: For now anytime
Past experience/s: worked by my self working on my own hack
Contact information: Skype
Motivation to join: Just want to help and learn new things about hacking from others

Great, Accepted!
Speaking of tile insertion, this is just what I've been waiting for to start the project off.
I'll PM you some tilesets I'd like to get inserted and you can see what you can do, aight?

fatmanjumprope

黒雷 神 エネル
Years
Accepted, every helping hand is welcome to join!
Although fatman it may be a while till we can start mapping, since I'll need to get a tile inserter or insert some tiles myself, as to not glitch out the maps beforehand.
If you wish to discuss features story & gameplays wise, I'm always up for it.

Great, Accepted!
Speaking of tile insertion, this is just what I've been waiting for to start the project off.
I'll PM you some tilesets I'd like to get inserted and you can see what you can do, aight?

Maybe as opposed to regular gyms the hero could go through "trials" before facing the dark creature. Maybe like possessed trainers who upon beating will give the hero a symbol which upon gathering all of will allow the trainer to face the creature. Really just random ideas here but I really do love talking about story. This is more for a personal message I assume so we can talk more there if you like the idea or want to just talk about other story aspects in general.

Chaxmonster

Grand Duke of Hell
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Maybe as opposed to regular gyms the hero could go through "trials" before facing the dark creature. Maybe like possessed trainers who upon beating will give the hero a symbol which upon gathering all of will allow the trainer to face the creature. Really just random ideas here but I really do love talking about story. This is more for a personal message I assume so we can talk more there if you like the idea or want to just talk about other story aspects in general.

Alright, noted.
I'll PM you a response as to not give out any spoilers in the thread.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Nickname/Referred to as: brian
Skill/s(Specify): art minor coding
Proof of your work:none
Availability:all the time but not on church days
Past experience/s: a fdew minor hacks
Contact [email protected]
motivation: interested in hacking

Back