• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Kris vs. Lyra? Who Do You Prefer?

Kris or Lyra?

• Kris

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Lyra

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Both

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Kris. I really hate Lyra, I wish they just used Kris again in HGSS :/

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
I love both. I can't really choose. I don't mind playing as either one of them, I think both of their designs are cool.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
I prefer Kris, because quite frankly Lyra just doesn't appeal to me, that giant hat and that little Marill put me off too

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Kris because nothing beats the original if you ask me. Lyra is okay, but I don't really care for her. Especially her big white hat. (It's a pain seeing that hat every time I play Heartgold.)

Lyra and Kris are one and the same if you ask me.

drarixio

Charging up since '89
Years
I went for Kris because:

1) Marina is based off her.

2) I had no idea what Lyra's giant hat was when I played HG for the first time...I thought it was a walking tree mutation...

3) She called me up and said Marill evolved before I had a bird to teach Fly to, and I rushed back to her house and -.-' .

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
Kris.

Probably because I grew up playing the original Gold/Silver instead of HG/SS.

And Lyra looks annoying, too.

/has Kris as a planned cosplay, so feh~/

Pingouin_7

When I was a kid, I was given the choice between Gold or Crystal. I picked Crystal, then started up a save file.
Picked the girl character because it was new, y'know.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I prefer this girl
Crystal_beta.jpg

I think beta girl looks more like Lyra to be honest, which would make sense why they remade her.

If you remember, gold and silver were going to have a female option too however due to time constrains they couldn't get it working in time.

I also believe this beta artwork to be what that beta girl is based upon:
428px-MicroGroup_Game_Review_Volume_14.jpg

Kris was only created simply for Crystal, since her name is clearly close to the name of the game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Kirs all the way. Kris is kick ass and she had the guts to do so , and she hasnt got a stupid ballon hat. Kris all the way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I absolutely hate Lyra's design, and I find her annoying to look at because her design is ridiculous and she just looks like she'd be really annoying if she were real.

Kris is an HBIC who needn't be messed with. XD

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
I absolutely hate Lyra's design, and I find her annoying to look at because her design is ridiculous and she just looks like she'd be really annoying if she were real.

Kris is an HBIC who needn't be messed with. XD

Yeah Kris is legit. Dang I look at the poll and see who's obviously in the higher favor here. Kris dominates.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I like them both, but Kris I have more love for. Lyra kind of annoyed me...a lot. The MASSIVE amount of fan art she has amazes me. Her hat is terrible. Her hair is terrible (as it is with most female protagonists), and she just all in all annoys me. Bad.

ChibiVamp

>>RETRO GAMER<<
Years
I can't stand Lyra's stupid poofy hat so much that if I ever get HG/SS, I'm going to play as Gold. Kris is way better by far. In fact IMO she has one of the best female character designs in the games. I'm never gonna understand why they always get shoved into short shorts and mini-skirts tho... Realy, go look at the girl in Black and White. Her shorts are shorter than the pockets O.o

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Kris > Lyra
Reasons:
1. NOSTALGIA
2. Lyra's hat is annoying .
3. Overall character design.
4. When I see Kris I can identify with her, I feel that we are similar in many ways.. but Lyra? nope >.>

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I know this sounds really, really whiny, but HeartGold/Soul Silver just wasn't the same without Kris. Lyra just felt really awkward (having the 'unusual' starter Pokemon of a Marill didn't help), and just felt really inferior to Kris. Her design, with the overalls and over-sized hat, is really silly and just... immature. Whereas, Kris actually looks dependable and was the original heroine, with the blue hair and slick outfit. :) Yeah, you can guess who I prefer. :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Kris by far. Lyra just annoyed me with her Marril and her oversized hat and farm-looking outfit. Plus Kris would have added more of a nostalgia factor to the remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back