• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Tough Battlers

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
To be the victorious champion, you must first fight through hundreds of trainers to make strong and fierce Pokemon. We've all had trainers that we can claim were a piece of cake. Some Pokemon the trainers owned, might of thrown you off but you fought back and claimed victory.

Then there are those trainers. The pros, with unique typings, good movesets and stratergies. Those battles are endless, filled with potions,rage and loads of action.

Who are the trainers who gave you a real challenge? It could be those lurking around on the routes waiting patiently. Or a mighty gym leader standing in your path. Rivals can be tough too!

And there is also the Elite Four, standing between you and the title of champion...

What made these trainers so difficult? Explain who made you have a tough fight through your whole training career to be the best like no one ever was...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It could be likely that those trainers have a lot of battling experience; they've been training with their Pokemon for quite some time. They know their Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses and use that to their advantage.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Pokemon trainer Joey, as his Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Misty when I could never be bothered to train Pikachu or Bellsprout up to a decent level. Starmie was always a pain.

blue

gucci
Years
Trainers who use Chansey/Blissey/Clefable etc and spam Minimize, the chance of hitting is slim and the time it takes to finally take to win is awful!

Years
Ghetsis and N (after the Elite Four) were some of the toughest trainers I've ever faced, and they were the first trainers I lost to in game other than Battle Frontier/Tower since probably 2004. I just figured that strategy would be more important than over training my Pokemon, but I honestly didn't expect my Pokemon to be ~10 levels lower than theirs, and that caused me to lose.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Misty and her Starmie. Always a ***** to fight here, regardless of the starter I chose

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
In black and white in the aftergame it was a pain to battle veterans. Especially the one in challenger cave

Years
In black and white in the aftergame it was a pain to battle veterans. Especially the one in challenger cave

You mean Veteran Shaun? That one with the Snorlax?

Haven't battled him yet but he looks tough. Most of Unova's post-game Trainers caught me off-guard.

For who I find difficult, I'd say Trainers whose Pokemon spam evasion boosters like Minimize and Double Team.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Luican and Cynthia. Lucian's Alakazam made me lose 23 revives. Just trying to keep my strongest Pokemon up. And then, when I finally beat him when that Alakazam ran out of PP on Psychic, I went to Cynthia. And that was horrible. I blacked out the first time on my diamond game against her Garchomp, and I had to face that Alakazam again. Those battles were really tough!

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
REd, had a lot of trouble with him at first, also Whitney

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
My dad in emerald who uses normal types. My only fighting type Machoke couldn't do much. And Steven also in emerald with all these steel-types. Nothing was effective against him, but he had some very good super-effective moves against me. I remember losing all my money to potions and revives that didn't even work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I think Red. He had a good all around team. Wasn't much of a challenge after I saw all of his Pokemon though.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Any team with Gyarados is always hard for me for some reason. I never have an electric type in my party. One of the trainers I recall is from Diamond and Pearl, the route before Veilstone you get into a double battle and the guy has a Gyarados, Monferno and some other Pokemon.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Most trainers could end tough if you're unprepared or don't have the right Pokemon. I was playing a random egg challenge where I transfer 6 random eggs to my other game and hatch each egg after a certain gym, and some really simple trainers could end up being really tough just because you've only got a Ducklett.

Back