• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
i need to know what all the Short Forms mean.

can some1 post with a list of all the short form terms used in the pokemon world?

i was trying to read some threads and i couldnt understand with so many short forms.

kk thanks

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
By the Backlot mansion, there are two trainers: A Socialite and a Gentleman. They use a Roselia and a Chatot respectively. For beating them when their Pokemon are lv. 60 (this will require a few VS Seeker rematches beforehand), you get
Pok%C3%A9buck_sign.gif
24000 each. Holding an Amulet Coin doubles the amount of money. This is an easy way to grind for money since these Pokemon are generally easy to KO.

I suggest that you train it to lv. 19 first. Then, if its stats aren't equal, use Proteins or Irons, depending on your needs, to boost the lower stat until they are both equal. If it doesn't work the first time, try again on the next level until you succeed.

If you plan on EV training it, I suggest that you use the EV reduction berries such as Pomeg, Kelpsy, and Tamato. So you can make sure what EVs you're Hitmontop is getting. If not, then just ignore this part.

Thanks ur way to make money Seems the best

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
Years
Here are some:

IV = Individual Value = Random numbers(up to 32) added to every stat when you catch a Pokémon
EV = Effort Value = Read here
Shiny = ... = A Pokémon in "wrong" color, that has a chance of 1 on ~8200 of appearing in the wild
PKRS = Pokérus = A sort of virus that also has a chance of 1/~8000 of appearing and doubles EVs
Crit = Critical Hit = An attack that does double the normal damage, has 8% chance on normal attacks, and 15% on attacks such as Slash, Blaze Kick and Sky Attack. You'll get the message "A Critical Hit!" if you manage to land one
KO = Status: FNT = The Pokémon has 0 HP left
ANNOYING ******* MOUSE!!!!!! = Pikachu = An annoying little electric mouse -.-
AR = Action Replay = A Cheating Device
GS = Game Shark = Another Cheating Device
Dual-Type = Pokémon with two types = Pokémons like, for example, Blaziken is BOTH Fire AND Fighting
Single-Type = Pokémon with only one type = Pokémons like, for example, Alakazam is ONLY Psychic

400/Double/4x Weakness = 400% weakness = Attack damage multiply gotten by attacking a Dual-typed Pokémon with something both its types are weak to(like Heracross(Bug/Fighting) -> Flying)
200/2x Weakness = 200% weakness = Attack damage multiply gotten by attacking a Dual-typed Pokémon with something one of it's types are weak to and the other is not resistant against, or a Single-Typed Pokémon with something it's weak to

== GAMES ==
R/B/Y = Red/Blue/Yellow, first generation games
G/S/C = Gold/Silver/Crystal, second generation games
R/S/E = Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, first of the third generation games
FR/LG = FireRed/LeafGreen, 1st generation remakes, second of the third generation games
D/P/Pt = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, fourth, and most recent generation games

Hope that helped!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
thanks the helped a bit! =D

where would one post to ask about movesets and tier lists?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Hi again guy's

Could you tell me where i get the Rioulu egg in Pearl version?

The Riolu Egg is obtained in the game after you go through Iron Island with Riley and at least one spare slot for a pokemon.

If you don't have a free space, go make a space and then go through the place again until you find Riley.

Riolu can also be found with a trainer you battle in Oreburgh Gate after obtaining Surf. This is only if you want to see Riolu though, but going this way also leads to Focus Punch and Brick Break.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Has all of the ingame coding for Platinum been established? I was wondering if there could be events we dont know about within the coding.

Ozzy

Banned
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Like most people, I use Amulet Coin on my Monferno and my Shaymin. I think theres 2 trainers on route 202 (Maybe another route) With a roselia and a Chatot, if you keep rebattling them using the Vs. Seeker, you can get 200k+ in less then 4 battles. Which is definetely enough for a lot of max repels and ultra balls, for your own Chaining greed.

to get a happiny, Simply breed a Chansey, Or theres a hiker in the bottom right corner of hearthome city. Beware, to hatch it, it takes ALOT of steps. 16k I believe.

(Sorry if i mispell words alot, My keys on my laptop are suckish :P)

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
Here are some:

IV = Individual Value = Random numbers(up to 32) added to every stat when you catch a Pokémon
EV = Effort Value = Read here
Shiny = ... = A Pokémon in "wrong" color, that has a chance of 1 on ~8200 of appearing in the wild
PKRS = Pokérus = A sort of virus that also has a chance of 1/~8000 of appearing and doubles EVs
Crit = Critical Hit = An attack that does double the normal damage, has 8% chance on normal attacks, and 15% on attacks such as Slash, Blaze Kick and Sky Attack. You'll get the message "A Critical Hit!" if you manage to land one
KO = Status: FNT = The Pokémon has 0 HP left
ANNOYING ******* MOUSE!!!!!! = Pikachu = An annoying little electric mouse -.-
AR = Action Replay = A Cheating Device
GS = Game Shark = Another Cheating Device
Dual-Type = Pokémon with two types = Pokémons like, for example, Blaziken is BOTH Fire AND Fighting
Single-Type = Pokémon with only one type = Pokémons like, for example, Alakazam is ONLY Psychic

400/Double/4x Weakness = 400% weakness = Attack damage multiply gotten by attacking a Dual-typed Pokémon with something both its types are weak to(like Heracross(Bug/Fighting) -> Flying)
200/2x Weakness = 200% weakness = Attack damage multiply gotten by attacking a Dual-typed Pokémon with something one of it's types are weak to and the other is not resistant against, or a Single-Typed Pokémon with something it's weak to

== GAMES ==
R/B/Y = Red/Blue/Yellow, first generation games
G/S/C = Gold/Silver/Crystal, second generation games
R/S/E = Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, first of the third generation games
FR/LG = FireRed/LeafGreen, 1st generation remakes, second of the third generation games
D/P/Pt = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, fourth, and most recent generation games

Hope that helped!

Meh... no one noticed it? IVs go from 0 to 31, not 32.
You have less of a chance to get Pokerus than you do to get a shiny. It's more than 1/8192, which is the chance you have to encounter a shiny poke.

And finally, the crit percentage is 6.25%, raising to 12.5% with higher crit percentage moves.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Has all of the ingame coding for Platinum been established? I was wondering if there could be events we dont know about within the coding.

What are you referring to?

"Events", as in event Pokemon, are given away at events and distributed via Wonder Card. They aren't pre-programmed into the game.

The key items for Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin are still there, and Japan has already gotten Darkrais and is set to get Shaymin's soon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I mean like the downloadable items lie the Gracidea flower. I was curious of like a new hold item for Arceus, like the LifeJewel from the new movie.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
Not entirely true on AR Usage. There are several codes that a lot of breeders use (Fast Egg, Fast Hatch, IV Check), as well as a lot of item hacking going on that's been accepted to a degree. I've seen a lot of people offering TM's, Berries, and the like from an AR.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
if some1 helps me with move sets for my pokemon i could borrow my friends AR and trade TM's or w/e u want for the time u spent helping me

Michiru552

Pokemon Clones & Contests!
Years
D&P Advice Needed.

Hey Everyone.

Due to a faulty card my Pokemon Game has gone Bye Byes.
But I have found a store in town that my Boyfriend is going to take me to tonight.
They sell D&P for £8.00 but I can't decide which to go for.
Any advice?

Also would anyone be willing to give me a hand with the game? Kinda lost all my Pokemon so any would be GREAT!!!!!!
I do have the AR thingy to Clone Pokemon but refuse to use it to create them.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
They sell D&P for £8.00 but I can't decide which to go for.
Any advice?

It's all about which exclusives you want. Bulbapedia and Serebii list what is exclusive to each game. It also helps if you have GBA games to utilize the dongle method.

The storyline is EXACTLY the same.

Personally, I'd just wait and grab Platinum. More wild Pokemon, fresh story, etc...

jvn753

Pikachumon
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2011
hEY should i start EV training my lvl 42 dragonair right now or wait till hes a dragonite?

Back